Cheesecake

Body and Soul

Daehyun opened the door to his apartment and gestured for Youngjae to enter first. Youngjae blushed and stepped inside, taking his shoes off and hanging up his coat, Daehyun doing the same behind him.

Daehyun coughed awkwardly. "So, erm, welcome to my home."

"Thanks, Dae."

Youngjae walked further into his soulmate's home. If was a decent sized apartment for one person. The lounge had two grey fabric sofas, a glass coffee table, and a large TV mounted onto the wall. The cabinet under the TV was filled with films and books. There was also a magnificent view over the city through the ceiling to floor windows. The kitchen was connected to the lounge, a breakfast bar separating the two open rooms. The kitchen was well stocked and full of the latest technology, indicating that Youngjae's soulmate spent a lot of time in there.

"So yeah," Daehyun said awkwardly. "This is the lounge and the kitchen. The bathroom is down the hall and my room and my study is at the end as well." Daehyun gestured in the general area.

"It's nice," Youngjae said, sitting himself down on one of the sofas. He looked up to see Daehyun stood awkwardly. "Do you not want to sit?"

"Well, erm, can I get you anything? A coffee? Some cake?" Daehyun asked, looking towards the kitchen.

"Do you have any hot chocolate?" Youngjae asked?

Daehyun scoffed. "Do I have got hot chocolate? Of course!" Daehyun laughed. "And do you want some chocolate fudge cheesecake to go with it? I... I made it myself," Daehyun said shyly.

"Really? Then yes, please," Youngjae said. He got up to follow Daehyun to the kitchen. "Do you like cheesecake?"

"I love it!" Daehyun said while simultaneously flicking the kettle on and opening the fridge. "The only reason I'm actually going to Himchan's party tomorrow is because he promised me cheesecake."

"Cheese...cake?" Youngjae said slowly. His eyes suddenly widened and he dropped to the floor, startling Daehyun. "Oh no, he's going to kill me. He's going to really really kill me."

Daehyun held Youngjae's's shoulders. "What's wrong, Jae? Are you okay?"

"I forgot to buy the cake. Himchan told me to buy cake for tomorrow!" Youngjae wailed, clutching his hair. "He's going to kill me."

Daehyun immediately understood. "It's okay, Jae. Himchan won't kill you" Youngjae looked at him as if he was crazy. "I mean it, Jae. You'll be fine! Especially with me here! I can make you the cakes! I'm brilliant at cheesecakes!"

"Really?" Youngjae hugged Daehyun tightly. "Thank you." Youngjae looked at Daehyun as if the older had just saved his life, which he kind of had done seeing as Himchan was involved.

Daehyun just pulled Youngjae to his feet and then started to raid through his fridge.

 

---

Thanks for reading!

Sorry it's not as long as the last one but I hoped you enjoyed it!

Thank you to everyone who has subscribed and commented! The comments really make me happy!