A Diva and a Princess

Body and Soul

The next day at work, Youngjae found himself eating lunch with both Jeon Jungkook and Kim Taehyung. And they were both acting rather decent towards him. Youngjae thought at first that Jungkook just wanted to take another stab at him when he was first approached by the younger, but then the arrival of Taehyung made him think again. Taehyung was a lot friendlier and more giggly than his soulmate and Youngjae sometimes found himself asking how they ended up together. He guessed it was because they were both outgoing, which actually matched their colour: a bright neon orange that was incredibly hard to miss. Youngjae found out two things about the TaeKook couple that lunchtime. One was that, although they tried to hide it, they did in fact feel sorry for Youngjae's loneliness and wanted to try and do something to help relieve it. And two, that Jungkook actually giggled when Taehyung was around, especially when Taehyung leaned in to press a kiss on his cheek, which seemed to happen every time Jungkook breathed in.

"Oh hyung?" Jungkook said suddenly. Oh, and the three of them were suddenly on very friendly terms.

"Yes, Jungkook?" Youngjae replied. He absolutely refused to call the diva Kookie. It was too... cute for someone like Jungkook in Youngjae's eyes. Of course, if he ever said that, Taehyung would look incredibly offended and then proceed to hug and kiss his soulmate all over while saying that no-one was cuter than his Kookie. Well everyone's entitled to their own opinions, Youngjae thought.

"Do you think you'll ever find your soulmate?" Jungkook asked almost innocently.

Youngjae's mouth dropped open and Taehyung choked.

"Kookie, don't ask something like that," Taehyung gently scolded. "I'm sure Jae hyung will find them soon." Taehyung turned to the still frozen Youngjae. "Sorry hyung."

"It's okay, Taehyung," Youngjae said, shaking his head slightly. "I hope I do. Eventually. It'd be nice to have someone." Youngjae laughed awkwardly.

Youngjae just hoped that one day he'd be lucky.

___ ___

"Ahh I see what you mean," Daehyun said at the person on his laptop screen. "I'll try to make it softer at letter C for the romancy bit and then what? Crescendo towards the end of F into G for the brokenhearted rap? Is that right, Yongguk hyung?"

The picture of Yongguk nodded. "Yeah that's right. Just don't forget about adding in Himchan's part somewhere. He'll tear your throat out if he doesn't get to play."

Daehyun laughed but completely agreed. "I know, hyung. I was thinking of having a traditional line throughout, trying to join the two styles together. What do you think?"

"That sounds good, Dae! And Himchan will be elated." Yongguk laughed.

"What we do to try and keep the princess happy, eh?"

"Don't let him hear you call him that, Dae. It'd really be the end of you," Yongguk said trying to look strict but he just ended up smiling.

"I know, hyung, I know!" Daehyun said, leaning over his desk to pour himself another bowl of cereal. "How is everyone? Is Japan fun?"

"It's brilliant, Dae. You'll have to come with us next time, you would have loved it! And Himchan is fine, he's enjoying the shopping no surprise there and Junhong is good too. We found a good ramen shop and he's basically told everyone we know that he wants to take you next time."

Daehyun smiled. "Awww that's so cute! But he's paying!" Yongguk laughed. "I'm sorry hyung but I'm going to have to go now! I'm picking Tae and his soulmate up from work!"

"Okay, see you later, Dae! And if you do anything else on those scores send them over."

"Will do, hyung. Bye!" Daehyun waved at the webcam.

"Bye! Oh, and make the princess happy!" Yongguk said just as Daehyun clicked the hang up button.

Daehyun just laughed before grabbing his coat.

 

 

---

Thanks for reading! AndAnd thank you to everyone who has subscribed! I hope you're enjoying it!

Please don't hesitate to comment!