A Bit Closer

Body and Soul

I'll see you guys tomorrow," Youngjae said to Taehyung and Jungkook as the clock hit 18:00.

"Oh, you off, hyung?" Jungkook asked as Taehyung helped him put on his coat.

"Yeah I am," Youngjae answered. "Are you two going home now too?"

Taehyung nodded. "Yeah a friend is picking us up and then we're going for some food."

The three of them made their way out of their office together and had just managed to get out of the lift in the building's reception when Youngjae suddenly tripped. It was almost in slow motion. Youngjae could see himself falling but his mind didn't register it. Taehyung and Jungkook both saw Youngjae trip but were rooted to their spots. Youngjae ended up in a heap on the polished floor, head turned to the side, eyes staring at the door to the side of the lift they had just exited. Taehyung and Jungkook rushed to his side and pulled him up into a sitting position all the while patting him down to make sure nothing was seriously wrong.

"Hyung! Are you okay? Youngjae hyung!" Jungkook shouted, holding Youngjae's cheeks. Jungkook made a mental note that Youngjae's cheeks were very squishy. "Hyung!"

Youngjae was still a bit disoriented but managed to splutter out a reply. "Yeah, I'm I'm fine. I just suddenly felt really dizzy and- I don't know. Weird." Youngjae finally looked away from the door he had been staring at and into Jungkook's and Taehyung's worried faces. "I'm fine. Don't worry, I'm fine. I'm just gonna- go home and sleep."

"Yeah, I think that'll be for the best, hyung," Taehyung said, pulling Youngjae up so he was standing again. "Will you be okay?"

"Yeah I'll be fine," Youngjae answered.

"Okay. Be safe hyung," Jungkook said. "And I hope you feel better soon."

"Thanks guys." With that, Youngjae left the pair and hurriedly ran out of the office building.

Taehyung and Jungkook turned to look at each other.

"Yah!" a voice suddenly shouted. The soulmates turned to the voice. "Are we going for food or are you both just going to stand around all day?"

"No, let's go," Taehyung said quickly. "Were you waiting for us long, Dae?"

Daehyun shook his head. "Nah, not really. I came in and sat down but I suddenly felt dizzy so I just nipped ito the bathroom," Daehyun said, pointing towards the bathroom. The soulmates stared. The men's bathroom was the door next to the lift. "Better safe than sorry, eh?" Daehyun laughed.

Taehyung and Jungkook just stared at each other, then Daehyun, and then the direction Youngjae had run off in.

___

"Are you sure you're okay, hyung?" Jongup asked, his hand pressed to Youngjae's forehead.

"Yes, Guppie I'm fine. Seriously, I'm okay." Youngjae felt like he'd only said that phrase for the last three hours.

"Okay," Jongup said. There was a pause. "Hyung?" Youngjae just made a noise. "Himchan hyung wants to throw a 'Welcome us back to Korea' party when they return. It's the day after tomorrow. Do you want to go?"

Youngjae sighed. Trust Himchan to do that. It was exactly the sort of thing the princess would do. "Sure. But who else will be going?"

"Ermmm, just close friends, I expect." Jongup shrugged. "Probably nothing too fancy, but-"

"Fancy enough for Himchan?" Youngjae finished. Jongup nodded.

Jongup stared at Youngjae. "Are you sure you're okay, hyung?" he asked worriedly. Youngjae still seemed a pit pale for Jongup's liking.

"Yeah I'm fine Jongup, you don't have to worry so much," Youngjae said, hugging Jongup to try and calm the younger a bit. "I probably just moved too quickly."

To be truthful, Youngjae had no idea what had caused his sudden dizziness, but because he was okay now it surely couldn't have been anything too terrible.

"You know what, hyung?" Jongup said as if he'd had a revelation. "When I met Junnie for the first time I felt awfully dizzy." Youngjae looked at him strangely. "It's common when you meet your soulmate for the first time apparently. You both feel really dizzy but then once you touch each other for the first time it disappears! I knew someone who felt so dizzy that she threw up on her soulmate."

"What?" Youngjae said, disgusted.

"Yeah, but it was alright though." Jongup shrugged.

"How?"

"He threw up on her too. So they were equal."

"That's disgusting," Youngjae said.

"Yeah, well, that's soulmates for you."

Youngjae just hummed in agreement.

 

 

---

Yay! Two updates in one day!!

Thank you for reading!!!