Total Flirt

How to Survive a Zombie Apocalypse (Permanent Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3

Hollyn’s Point of View

 

 

 

 

There was a weight on my body, pinning me to the floor and drawing me out of the warm comfort of sleep. Whatever it was, it was heavy. Too heavy for comfort. I shifted slightly, but I couldn’t really move. I woke up a bit more when I realized this, and felt a sudden, urgent need to find out what it was. Slowly, I opened my eyes to see a familiar face grinning down at me, his nose about an inch from my own.

 

“Good morning, beautiful.” Jimin whispered, his breath tickling my face.

 

My heart stuttered, and my face turned the color of a fire truck. With my brain short circuiting, I sat upright, knocking Jimin off of me. He rolled to the floor with a surprised huff, and I looked away to hide my blush, pushing myself to my feet as I did so.

 

“Knock it off, Jimin, and get your mind out of the gutter. We don’t have time for you to be playing around,” I stated as cooly as a I could while smoothing out my clothes.

 

I took a breath, trying to calm myself down. Jimin knew the effect he had on me. No matter how hard I tried, I was slowly falling for him. I knew it was stupid, considering I should have been concentrating on surviving and keeping the three of us alive, but I couldn’t help it. I wasn’t sure if he was playing with me, or if he actually felt something too.

 

“But Hollyn! We were having a moment!” He exclaimed, pulling himself off the concrete floor.

 

I looked back down at my makeshift bed on the floor of bare concrete and broken tile. Our camping spot for the night was an old, run-down gas station that had been spared from the worst of the raiding and still had most of it’s windows and doors. It was no five-star hotel, but there were no houses in close proximity, and it was better than sleeping in the van.

 

“You were having a moment. I was sleeping,” I retorted with the usual sarcasm I always used around Jimin.

 

Our ‘relationship’ had slowly turned into a game of cat and mouse over the past month. It’s amazing that we hadn’t killed or kissed each other yet. Jimin opened his mouth to respond, but he’s interrupted by a groan from the other corner of the room.

 

“Will you two shut the up? You’re ruining my chances at sleeping for more than five hours. Now I’m grumpy and tired,” Yoongi called from where he lay curled up against the far wall. I sighed. Great. It’s a rarity that Yoongi actually wakes up feeling anything but grumpy and tired, and I guess today is not one of those days.

 

 

“Sorry, Yoongi,” I said, shooting him a sympathetic smile. “I would like to let you sleep a little bit longer, but we should be going, anyways. We started off in Arizona, and we’re still in the middle of New Mexico. We have along way to go.”

 

Yoongi looked up me and glared for about five seconds. Then he grunted in agreement and started to get up, untangling himself from the confines of his sleeping bag. I glanced around the gas station. It was still decently stocked, though it was likely half of the food was expired. It would be a waste to leave without taking anything. As long as we’re here, we might as well stock up on supplies and gas up our van.

 

I grabbed my backpack off the floor and started wandering the aisles, filling it with pop-tarts and water bottles. Jimin followed right behind me, smiling the whole time as he shoved other odds and ends into his bag.

 

“You look so beautiful in the morning.” He said sweetly, while grabbing a candy bar. He unwrapped it and took a bite, never taking his eyes off me. I rolled my eyes and let out a laugh.

 

“If greasy hair, an oily face, and bags beneath my eyes is your ideal type, then yeah, I guess I’m beautiful.” I joked. I ripped open one of the packages of pop-tarts and started munching. Boy, those things were good. Totally artificial and unhealthy, but good.

 

Yoongi stolled over to where we stood by the front desk, stretching sleepily He reached out to rest his hand on the counter, only to snatch it back half a second later. His face twisted in disgust as he looked down at his hand, which was covered in dust and cobwebs. He wiped it against his black skinny jeans.

 

He looked up from his hand to eyeball the half-eaten candy bar in Jimin’s. Jimin, completely unaware, was looking around the store, chewing another bite of said candy bar thoughtfully. Before anyone could react, Yoongi snatched it out of Jimin’s hand and ate it with the speed of a panther.

 

Jimin whipped around to stare at the older boy, his eyes wide in shock. Yoongi just stared at him and chewed the candy bar emotionlessly.

 

“Hey! That was mine!” Jimin yelled, playfully punching Yoongi.

 

Yoongi makes a face at him. “We’re in a store where you can take literally anything you want. Go get another one,” he replied. His expression seemed almost uninterested, but I noticed the slight smirk on the corner of his lips.

 

After being with these two idiots for a month, I realized several things about them. As much as Jimin loved playing our cat and mouse game, he liked to play one with Yoongi as well. They were almost complete opposites, so it was natural for the two to bicker. Jimin always showed whatever emotion he was feeling (mostly erted ones), whereas Yoongi liked to hide his emotions. Jimin would get excited very easily, but Yoongi would stay as calm as possible.

 

Yoongi did have his slip-ups, though. Like now, when he smirked at Jimin, or a little while ago when he yelled a the two of us. No matter how hard he tried not to show it, he did care.

 

I sort of fall in between both of them. I’m not as shut off as Yoongi, but I’m definitely not overly excited about everything like Jimin. I’m just plain Hollyn. A twenty-year-old girl with a regular body, and unfortunately, a height an inch taller than both Jimin and Yoongi. If anything, this slight height difference turned Jimin on even more, because he made a point to state that taller girls are his weakness more than once.

 

It’s actually a really short story on how we met. The three of us woke up in an abandoned house in Arizona, with a note explaining our situation-- compliments of our government. Jimin and Yoongi told me about two of their friends, who were supposed to be at the Minnesota safe house, so we decided to make that our destination.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter