Taehyung's Inner Fanboy

How to Survive a Zombie Apocalypse (Permanent Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 13

(Taehyung's Inner Fanboy)


 

Taehyung’s Point of View



 

Oh my God.... It was so cute! My inner fanboy was coming out. Jungkook and Desi, sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g. Well… maybe not the last part, because I don’t think they’ve gotten to that step yet, but you get what I’m trying to say.

Desi was sitting on the tailgate of our truck with Jungkook next to her, sitting so close that their arms brushed. As he sat down, I saw a small smile pull at her lips. Without looking up from loading her gun, she leaned over and tapped her head gently against his. He smiled and tapped back.

The first time I saw them do this, I was really confused. But after awhile, I realized that it was like their cute little way of saying hello, or I’ve missed you, kind of like the way wolves will nuzzle each other. It warmed my heart just to watch them.

Sigh...The struggles of a fanboy. I just wanted them to date! They were my OTP! It's like watching a TV drama that drags on for too long. It’s infuriating, but I couldn't stop watching! If I was Jungkook, I would've made my move ages ago. Hoseok and I have been watching those two for awhile now, making bets and complaining when nothing ever goes anywhere. It’s not like we really had anything else for entertainment. We were in the middle of a fricken apocalypse for heaven's sake.

At first, their little competition was cute and fun to watch. Now, it was exhausting. It had been going on for over a month and the fine line between friendship and something more seemed to be bending, if not breaking completely. I just wanted one of them to admit their feelings for each other already. I didn’t care who gave in anymore. All of us could tell they like each other. I mean, you saw them, right? You understand!

Even they could tell they liked each other! With the discreet, ‘casual’ hugs, the constant skinship, the flirting back and forth, and the weird sentimental headbutt thing, one would assume they were already dating.

But noooooo.

They weren’t dating, and I was starting to get fed up. Ever since Jungkook joined us, our lives had become twice as exciting. I mean, normal exciting. I didn't count the zombie apocalypse as exciting, because… well… you get it.

I was always proud of Desi. My star pupil in Kim Taehyung’s School for Psychos. I was slowly converting her to the crazy side, much to Hoseok’s dismay, and it helped me miss Jungkook and Jimin less. Life was never as fun without them, but with Desi, it almost felt like things were back to normal. Everything was going great.

Then came Jungkook, and this whole mess.

I guessed that, in a way, I may have been the one to plant the seed in Desi’s head that she and Jungkook should date.

Awhile back I told Desi that she and Jungkook were almost exactly the same, and that they would make a cute couple. I said that, not knowing that Jungkook would eventually join our group. A part of me thought the two would probably never meet anyway. But now that they had, it was so much better than I could have guessed, and it's driving Hoseok insane.

Could things get any more awesome?

Well, probably, but I won't get into that.

Anyways, as much as I wanted their relationship to jump to the next level, I also felt the need to protect Desi. I’ve never had a little sister. I’ve never really had a lot of younger friend in general, no one I could watch out for. The only one I could think of was Jungkook.

But now I had Desi-- the girl who had punched and teased and wormed her way into my heart. I thought of her as the younger sister I never had. We weren’t related by blood, but we were as close as it could get.

Little sisters needed their older brothers to protect them from heartbreak, and to approve of the guys they bring home.

I could speak for Hoseok when I said this too, but no matter how much we loved Jungkook, I had to make sure his intentions were clear before he dated Desi. I didn’t want him treating her like a fling and then tossing her aside once he was done with her. I didn’t know if I would be able to forgive him for that.

Not saying that would happen or anything, but I just wanted to make sure. Jungkook and Desi were both smart kids, and I was sure they had it all figured out, but as a worried friend, I planned to do what I do best...

Meddle in their love life.

With a smile on my face to mask my true intentions, I skipped over to where Jungkook and Desi were sitting.

Hoseok was rummaging around in the truck, rationing out the last of our food. We didn’t have that much left, and we hadn't been able to stop at any places that hadn't already been hit. We were down to a couple bags of jerky, water bottles, and maybe one granola apiece. Still, we weren't all that worried. We were only about four hours away from the Minnesota safe house, by now, where there would be plenty of food and water for all of us. Only four more hours until we got to see Namjoon and Jin again. I honestly felt like crying, but I was one of the oldest of the group, so I had to pretend I wasn't so affected by the thought.

I made it to where Jungkook and Desi were sitting, and I hopped up onto the tailgate with them, weaseling my way into the small space they had in between them. I slung an arm around both of their necks and drew them against my sides.

“You guys are literally the cutest thing I have ever seen, but unfortunately I have to disrupt this love fest. Hoseok wants Desi to help him move some supplies, and make sure everything is okay for the last part of our journey.”

Both of them eyed me quizzically, which was hard to do from this angle. They exchanged a look and I felt Jungkook shrug. Desi shrugged as well, then jumped down from the tail

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter