Hoseok's Abs

How to Survive a Zombie Apocalypse (Permanent Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note: Do you guys have any ideas where Jimin, Yoongi and Jungkook are?:) You'll find out sometime soon.

Chapter 2

Desi's Point of View

 

“We have been driving foreverrrrrrrrrr! I know we literally just got this truck. I mean, we were on foot for the longest time, and this truck was our salvation, but seriously! It’s so cramped back here with all of the guns. I need some fresh air!” 

 

I looked back at the whining idiot who was sitting upside down with his feet on the ceiling. He had the biggest doe-eyed expression on his face. It was adorable, despite Taehyung being older than me by a couple years.

  

I turned back around to face the front. He did have a point. It was slowly getting dark out and Hoseok looked like he was about to pass out while driving. We’d either have to switch drivers, or stop for the night, and I was seriously leaning toward the latter. Out my window I can see the hulking shadows of abandoned houses. We must have been passing through a suburb. I didn’t see many zombies roaming around out here, either. If we were ever going to stop, this might be our best option.

    

“Hoseok, we’re in the middle of the suburbs. We have been on this main highway for the longest time. Let’s crash somewhere for the night. It doesn’t look like there are any zombies around here, and you look like you could use a shower and some rest,” I said.

 

Hoseok looked over at me and I could see the dark circles beneath his eyes that likely matched mine. I knew he wouldn’t argue with me. He was exhausted. He nodded, and turned his eyes back to the road.

   

A little while later, we found ourselves a nice little suburban home with a large garage attached to it. It was right next to the highway, so if we needed to make a quick getaway, we could. The best thing about the house was that it had a shower. A real, working shower! And even though the water pressure was crap, and the water temperature didn’t go above lukewarm, I almost died from happiness. I took the first one while the boys stood guard. After several days of not bathing, it felt like heaven. It was amazing, to say the least.

    

After my shower was done, Hoseok decided to take the next one.Taehyung and I retreated downstairs, and my stomach began to sing the song of it’s people. I was starving, and really craving some pizza. Taehyung walked past me and sat at the kitchen table, looking up at me expectantly. He smiles at me sweetly, propping his elbows up on the wooden surface.

    

“Can you make us some food please?” He asked, his eyes wide and innocent.

 

In this terrible world, he was a ray of sunshine for me. I’ve never had any siblings before, but Taehyung and Hoseok have quickly filled in the roles of big brothers. After of month of being together, I was finally starting to feel like we were a family.

    

“Of course! Now, let me see,” I pull open one of the cupboards next to the refrigerator. The inside was dusty, and full of cobwebs, but there were a few things in there that hadn’t been taken in raids or eaten by mice. I tap my chin thoughtfully.

 

“What should we eat? Out of everything that isn’t expired or rotten, there seems to be some cans of peas and packages of ramen. Looks like we’ll be eating like kings.” I said sarcastically while rummaging through some of the other cupboards. I pull out a few cans of peas and three packages of ramen. Taehyung sat there for a moment, staring at me while I attempted to make the meal.

 

“You know what?” He asked suddenly, making me turn to look at him curiously. He points a finger at me with a wistful smile. “You actually remind me of my friend Jungkook. Sarcastic, good at practically everything, always wearing combat boots, and weird when you want to be. I think you guys would be perfect for each other.” Taehyung laughed, but his face was shadowed by sadness. His smile fell and he looked down at his hands.

    

“I don’t even know if he is alive,” he said quietly. “I don’t know if any of my friends are alive, except for Hoseok. I mean, we’re heading to Minnesota to find Jin and Namjoon, but we don’t know if they’re alive, or still there! What if zombies overran it? What if Namjoon was an idiot and broke something, so his punishment was to be eaten by the zombies?! What if…”

  

I walked over to Taehyung and hugged him to calm him down. He was breathing too fast, and looked like he was about to have a panic attack from all of his imaginings. I pulled him closer and he leaned into me, reaching up to wrap his arms around me. He buried his face in my shoulder, shaking.

    

“Taehyung, I know you are worried about all of these people, but right now it’s best not to focus on that. We have ourselves to worry about. There is no point in wondering about the unknown. You’ll just drive yourself crazy,” I pause, wanting to promise him that we will find his friends, but I can’t bring myself to do it. I had no way of keeping that promise, but I had hope that we would be able to find them all alive.

 

“How about after dinner we sit down and you and Hoseok can tell me all about your friends. I would really like to hear more about them and the crazy adventures you guys went on,” I said instead.

 

As if my words were a soothing melody, Taehyung calmed down. He slowly broke the hug and looked up at me with one of the biggest smiles I’ve seen him show. “ I would really like that.”

 

Hoseok walked down the stairs at that moment. His freshly-washed hair was sticking in every direction. Oh, and he was only wearing a towel around his waist. Nothing else. His abs were out for the whole world to see, and if his towel came undone, I would definitely see more of him than I wanted to. My face flushed red and I slapped a hand over my eyes.

    

“Hoseok put some clothes on! I do not want to see you !” I screeched at him. I grabbed one of the dish towels off of the counter and chucked it at his chest. He caught it easily and slung it around his neck, using it to dry his hair.

    

He grinned, leaning against the end of the kitchen counter. “Why? We're practically family now. I walk around when I feel comfortable around someone. You should feel honored.”

    

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter