SHINee's Back

I'm with you

One month later

The members of SHINee where anxiously waiting for a phone call on Key’s condition. It’s been a month since he was put in a medical induced coma and the group was just waiting and hoping for him to recover. They had all piled into Onew’s room when the phone rang. Onew answered the call.

“Hello, yes yes of course we will be there right away.” All the members looked at Onew waiting for his response. “He’s awake, Key’s awake.” Everyone let out a big sigh of relief and hugged each other before leaving to the hospital to meet their friend. When the boys get to the hospital room. They quietly open the door and see Key sitting up in bed Key turns his head towards the door to see s peeking at him.

“Hey guys!” Key says. The members push the door open and rush to Key’s side hugging him and tears filling their eyes. The members where so happy their friend was alright. They missed him so much.

“Okay guys, let me breathe.” The boys pull away and sit next to their friend. “I must be the luckiest man alive right now to have such great brother’s like you.” Everyone laughed.

“We’re glad you’re okay, you had us scared to death for the longest time.” Jonghyun said.

“Not even Y/N knows, I bet she’s worried to death about you.” Onew says. Key just looks at Onew.

“Who’s Y/N?” Key asks confused. Everyone looks at each other and gives a light laugh.

“You’re kidding right? She’s your girlfriend.” Minho said. Key still looked confused, Minho walks over to Key’s belongings and pulls out his wallet. As Minho walks back to Key he flips open the wallet and pulls out the picture. It was a picture of Key with a girl. Key takes the picture and studies it.

“Now do you remember, you guys have been best friends since you were little, and we all knew how much you cared and loved her, but it wasn’t official. You wanted to make it that way after we came back from this last schedule, but the accident happened.” Minho said. Key shook his head he couldn’t remember her at all. He wondered what else he was forgetting. He knows his friends, he knows he’s a member of SHINee, but that’s pretty much it.

“Rest now, you have time to recover, so let’s just focus on that okay.” Onew said as he patted Key’s shoulder. Key smiles at him and nods his head. The boys said their goodbyes and left the room.

Key looks at the picture again, she’s really beautiful how could I forget about her? Key lays his head back and sighs. “Make yourself remember Kibum.” He said quietly to himself.

Meanwhile in Seoul.

“Dang girl, you can run, how can you not be out of breath.” Tae said between breathes. I just shrugged my shoulders and smiled at him.

“Maybe because I’ve been running since junior high. I was on my school’s track team.” I stick my tongue out and wink at him Tae just chuckles at me.

I walk over to my favorite bench in the park. It sits under my favorite tree and overlooks a pond. Tae sits next to me, grateful that I’m taking a break. I lay my head on his lap with my eyes closed. Tae tenses up, I feel it and I just smile.  

“This is a special place for me. And come to think of it, you’re the second person I’ve brought here.” I said.

With my eyes still closed I could feel Tae staring at me. I knew he was thinking of something debating on what to say next or something, I didn’t expect what his action would be. Tae couldn’t hold back anymore he leaned down and kissed my lips. His lips were smooth, soft, and warm. I immediately opened my eyes and easily push him up as I sat myself up.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to do that without your permission. I’ve just liked you for a long time and I’ve wanted to kiss you for a long time so I took this opportunity to do so.” Tae said as he clears his throat. I just nod my head.

“It’s getting late, let’s go.” I say. I get up and leave and Tae follows. When we get back to my apartment Kristie and her boyfriend Jackson were at my door.

“Hey guys what’s up?” I surprised them and they jumped when they saw me. Tae and I started to laugh.

“Y/N!” Kristie yelled. She gives me a big hug and whispers in my ear. “I have some news about Kibum.” My eyes grow wide and I hold her tighter for a moment before we enter my home. We walk into my home and Kristie follows me into the kitchen.

“Kibum’s okay! They should be back soon.” Kristie explains. I pull the glass from the cabinet.

“That’s great Kristie, wish someone would call me at least of all him.” I explain. Kristie gets a shocked expression on her face. Kristie wasn’t expecting that from you.

“Hey guys come in here.” Jackson yells. Kristie and I walk into the living room. Jackson had the TV on.

“SHINee’s Back Back!!!”  After their horrible car accident six months ago, they made a statement, “Hello we are SHINee, we are happy to announce that we will be holding a comeback concert for our beloved fans in Seoul.” My eyes grow huge when I see Kibum standing next to Minho.

“I thought he was dead.” I said. Kristie walks up to me and places her hands on my shoulders and looks me in the eyes.

“We never got all of the information. But he’s alive, he’s okay. Let’s call Onew okay.” Kristie says.

Jackson gets up and hugs the both of us. “Let’s get some Suju and celebrate the good news!” Jackson winks at Kristie and I making us laugh.

Tae smiles at the joyous moment, but is suddenly feeling like a third wheel and is feeling down so he decided to leave. Tae walks over to the entrance and puts his shoes on.

“Hey where are you going Tae?” I ask. Tae looks up from putting his shoes on.

“I got a message from Jin, we have practice in a bit so I needed to head back.” Tae said. I nod my head.

“Be careful, text me when you get there.” We smile at each other and he gives me a hug before he leaves. I felt guilty when he hugged me, like I was hurting him for not asking him to stay or ignoring him because of Kibum and SHINee. I wanted him to stay and celebrate with me, that’s what friends do.