Am I dreaming

I'm with you

The months pass by quickly and Tae and Key were busy with their schedules and I was busy with my photography work. Tae rarely answered my texts while Key always made sure to reply back, he even made sure to facetime call me so I wasn’t feeling too alone.

“Hey babe, how are you doing tonight?” Key asks, I’m curled up in my bed with my phone in front of my face lying on my side.

“I’m tired, how about you?” I ask.

“I’m about to finish up here, so I’ll be there as soon as I can, but don’t wait up for me go to sleep, Okay.” Key says as he sends me a wink emoji. I smile and place my phone on the bedside table. I try and go to sleep but the thought of sleeping alone was hard. I’ve been sleeping with Kibum next to me for a while and trying to go to sleep without him I feel like if I go to sleep I will wake up and he still not be here. I try to push the negative thoughts away. I toss and turn in my bed trying to get comfortable when another text notification pops up on my phone.

“Hey girl, sorry I haven’t been able to text lately, been hella busy lately. Forgive me? *sad emoji*” Text from Tae.

“We have a new song coming out soon I wanted to share it with you. It’s called I need U, check it out. Let me know what you think.” End text, Tae posted a link to the song, I couldn’t help but feel like was an automated text or something, but I clicked the link and was surprised to see a video of just Tae.

“Hey Y/N, surprise! I thought I would sing this song personally for you. I hope you don’t mind.” Tae winks and starts singing, his voice is so deep and beautiful it makes your eyes fill with tears. When the song ends the video stops, I’m crying and I feel pain in my chest. I’m about to put my phone down when it rings it’s a call from Tae.

“Hello.” I say with as strong of a voice as I can manage.

“Hey girl, I saw you got my text what’s your thoughts on the song?” I sniff wiping my nose on my sleeve.

“Are you crying?” Tae asks.

“No, I’m not crying.” I lie knowing good and well that I can’t hide it very well.

“Okay, well if you say so I’m gonna believe ya. Oh yeah why are you still up it’s late?” Tae asks.

Without thinking I respond “Can’t sleep, Kibum isn’t home yet and I’m nervous falling asleep alone.” I explain.

“Oh yeah right Key.” Tae replies, I can hear the change in his voice and it pains me.

“Tae, can I ask you a question?” I said as I cleared my throat.

“You asked me a question.” Tae says with a light chuckle, I could tell he was trying to be funny and failing.

“Are you in love with me? I hope not because I’m nothing special and I don’t want to lose you as a friend because I love you as a brother.” I explain.

Tae clears his throat and chuckles, “No that’s not it, like I said I’ve been busy and I care about you as my friend too so you don’t have to worry about me.” Tae says, with a slight sad voice, he was trying his hardest to hide the fact that his heart was breaking into a million pieces.

“Hey, I’m free this weekend you wanna hang out?” Tae asks.

“Sure, lets hang out.” I reply back.

“Great, well I’ll let you sleep, try and sleep before you know it Key will be there and you’ll wake up with him next to you.”

“Ugh, okay that was a little too mushy for my taste, so GET SOME SLEEP GIRLY! Don’t make me come over and force you.” Tae acts like a brother. We say our goodbyes; I was glad that at the end of the call he sounded better.

I was in a deep sleep I didn’t notice when Kibum came home. Kibum looked at me lovingly noticing my phone was lighting up with a text message. He takes a look at my messages and see’s one is from Tae.  Key watches the video and watches Tae’s face as he sings the song. Key was feeling jealous, but quickly shakes that out of his head, he knows that I would mention it to him. Key was sure I would never keep secrets from him since we are so close, at least he hoped that was the case since he couldn’t remember.

Key quickly changes out of his clothes, and is just wearing pj bottoms. Key climbs into bed and wraps his arms around me. Kissing my arm, my back, I start to stir, he didn’t want to wake me up so he stopped but whispered in my ear that he loved me. I moan in response.

The next morning, I find myself waking up next to Kibum. I watch as he sleeps, I take my left hand and brush the hair away from his face. I smile as I think of how lucky I am to call this person mine. I jerk away as Tae’s face pops up into my head. I have no idea why all of a sudden Tae’s face came into my mind, I shake my head and think I’ll try going back to sleep when Kibum’s morning voice.

“Why are you staring at me while I’m sleeping?” Key asks as he opens his eyes and smiles at me.

“I wasn’t staring at you.” I reply, Key just laughs.

“Okay, you’ve been staring at me for like the last 10 minutes.” Key says as my eyes grow wide.

“How did you know; you were sleeping?” I ask. Key moans and stretches before he wraps his arms around me and pulls me close. My head is laying on his chest and his chin is resting on my head. I can hear his heartbeat again; it was a confirmation that I wasn’t dreaming that he was home in bed safe with me. I finally relaxed and all the tension just melted. Key felt it too and smiled.