Opportunity

I'm with you

It’s been a month and I still haven’t heard from Kibum, I kept telling myself he’s just busy with promotions and couldn’t find time for me. My friends told me I was in denial but I choose to stay strong and go on with life. It’s what he would want me to do right?

My boss calls me into the office.

“Hey Y/N, come in here for a moment.” I get up from my desk and head into her office.

“What’s up.” I ask, I’ve been working as a photographer for years and just started doing freelance a couple of years ago. I was lucky my company allowed me to do what I wanted but I was one of their best photographers so they allowed me some company perks.

“There’s job in San Francisco in a couple of weeks and we would like for you to shoot it for us. Are you interested?” my boss asks me, I’ve never been to America and always wanted to go. So without thinking I accept the job. My boss hands me the envelop with the information.

“It’s expenses paid so you don’t have to worry about flight and hotel.” My boss says. I nod as I stand up to leave.

“Thank you so much.” I bow and return to my desk. I open the envelop to find I will be shooting an idol which is no surprise I usually do since that is a big part of my job. I just have to bring myself the flight and hotel have been booked, that’s when I notice the date. September 22-27. Kibum’s birthday is the 23, I feel a small pain in my chest but quickly numb it. I’m still at work after all can’t get emotional here.

Once the day was over, I met with Kristie for drinks.

“What no way! Not fair!” Kristie says when I tell her the news. “I want to go take me with you.” Kristie gives me the puppy dog eyes which doesn’t work on me. “So tell me who’s the lucky idol?” I shrug my shoulders.

“I don’t know and won’t until I get there.” I take a drink of suju and a bite of the Korean beef lettuce wrap. Kristie was about to bring up Key’s name when she see’s someone behind me.

I feel someone places their hands on my eyes “Guess who” without hesitation I knew who it was.

“Hey Tae.” I said, Tae removes his hands and with a pouting face sits down next to me.

“Some response what’s up with her?” Tae asks as he looks at Kristie.

“Sorry, I’m in my own world at the moment.” I reply.

“She’s going to America!” Kristie doesn’t hesitate to tell Tae.

“Wait what!” Tae looks surprised.

“Yeah it’s only for a week for a photo shoot.” I explain and I see Tae’s face relax.

“Oh okay then, I thought you were moving there.” Tae sighs with relief.

The rest of the evening goes fine, I send Kristie home in a cab, because Jackson was busy with promotions with his group GOT7. Tae walks me hoe and it’s quite while talking.”

“So have you heard from Key lately?” Tae asks, I shake my head and I really didn’t want to think about Kibum because if I did I’ll want to call him and since I knew he wouldn’t respond I would be depressed.

“Well I saw him the other day, he’s doing fine don’t worry.” Tae blurts out and I look at him.

“Thanks for the update but I don’t want to know. I’m sure he doesn’t ask about me.”  I reply. Tae bit his lip and sighed he promised Key that he wouldn’t say anything but seeing the pain on my face made him want to break that promise. He was torn between telling and not telling.

“Key says hi.” Tae finally said. I turn around to look at him surprised.

“Key said hi?” I repeated, Tae just nods his head. “No have her call me or I miss her, or tell her I’ll call her later?” I was starting to get annoyed, I scoffed and turn around and walk away quickly.

“Goodnight Tae.” I get to my apartment; I was thinking of Kibum the rest of the way. “Oh no god forbid I can’t call or send a text, I run into Tae and have him relay a simple “hi” Ugh!” I said to myself as I was packing for my trip.

The week flew by quickly and before I knew it I was leaving for San Francisco.

“Remember be careful and to bring back a present for me.” Kristie said.

“Give us a call or text when you land so we know you’re there safely.” Jackson said, always acting like a big brother to me. Giving me a hug he whispers in my ear “My shirt size is large.” As he pulls back he winks at me making me smile.

“Be safe Y/N, please text or call me when you get there. I’ll worry if you don’t.” Tae said I nod my head.

“Yes mom.” I say and we laugh. I turn to walk away heading for the gate, I look back once and wave.

When I get on the plane, I’m nervous I didn’t like to fly very much I watch the people coming onto the plane and when I see a young child and baby on the plane I start to relax. I believe that if there are young children on the plane it won’t go down. Stupid I know but I won’t relax otherwise.