PROLOGUE

Riots

Prologue

 

In a faraway city in Seoul, there is an academy for the chosen ones. Known as the most prestigious academy in the world, not any students could enrol in the academy. No matter how rich or how poor the students are, they could enrol it as long as they are supernatural or conduits. No normal humans could enter the academy. There have always been many normal students wanted to be part of the academy, but of course they have to take the tests and they would be failed purposely by the school administrative because they're normal humans.

 

The academy is full of abnormal humans which are the supernatural and the conduits obviously. Those who have supernatural powers will be brought here to train, to learn, to fight for the country secretly without the public knowing about their existence. Conduits are the abnormal humans who gained or born with the superhuman power. For example: telekinesis, teleportation, strength, intelligence, electric, mind reading, invincibility, speed, etc.

 

The supernatural are the abnormal humans who were born with the magical power. For example: healing, fire, water, earth, wind, light, resurrection, flight, ice, etc. However, there are some people that have the power of the conduit and also the power of the supernatural. For example: healing and resurrection or maybe more than two. These people are called super-conduits.

 

The academy is highly secured with the security cameras that work 24/7, passcode for every dorms and rooms, electric fences and robots.

 

Every teacher and student has their own personal assistant which is the androids. Androids are the smart robot who flies anywhere by the owner's side whenever needed. They are attached to the owner’s belt or the arm belt. They are rectangular sized, small like an iPhone and they're smart. They're activated and accessed by the owner's voice and only their owner's voice.

 

The academy is a little bit into the woods. Not too much, just a little bit. The field is spacious. It works as a hangar for the academy's private planes and jets. When it’s time to play, it's just a field. But when they need to use the planes, just flick on a switch and the field will be divided into two, revealing a hangar.

 

The students are from the age of five to twenty-five years old, which is the kindergarten until the university. Once they've graduated, they could choose to work at the academy itself as a teacher, trainer, coach or an army. Or they could live a normal life outside of the academy. They could always choose to live a normal life whenever they want to. There are no forcing students to stay at the academy as long as they do not speak anything about the existence of the supernatural and the conduits.

 

The main motive of building the academy is to form an army of conduits and supernatural to save the world from other beings that could not be stopped by the normal such as the bioterrorist. Bioterrorists are both rebellious supernatural and conduits. They want to destroy the living things so that they could rule the world and destroy the normal which they say; the weak ones. And of course, she wants to rule the world.

 

The leader of the bioterrorist is Nina Vilcik. She's arrogant and she hates the normal as she said that they are weak and helpless. She was once with the academy, but somehow she went astray and she'd decided to form her army of her own; the bioterrorist.

 

The academy has an army. A very small one but they're powerful. They are the twelve students who the teachers like to call them; Riots. Instead of the clumsiness for some of the members, they're still the most powerful students. They are the once who take missions, go on a war, and saving the world from the bioterrorist or other creatures. The only problem with the academy is the language barrier. Most of the students cannot speak fluent Korean and fluent English. But it is settled with earpieces which allow every word to be translated.

 

Everyone wears them, including the gardeners. For example, you speak Korean but your friend that you’re talking to doesn’t even know how to speak Korean. No worries, anymore. You could speak Korean but the people who are listening to you are hearing your words in English. You can set the earpiece to any language you want. Poof, the language barrier is gone. Welcome to Zavia Academy, everyone.

 

 

 

 

The girl falls on her back when the vampire punched her in the face. The vampire growls and it shows his fangs. The girl lifts her left hand and sends the vampire to fly across the railway station. After that, three vampires are surrounding her. However, she smirks and stretches her hands, sending the telekinetic power to push them away. She looks to her left and sees many vampires are surrounding her friend. She is about to help him when the vampires are destroyed by her friend himself when he turned them into ice. He replies the thumbs up with a big grin but then turns anxious, “Hera, watch out!” Hera turns around and sees the vampire above her, almost clawing her face. She shuts her eyes and feels a hard fall on her back with someone on top of her. Hera sighs in relief, “Thanks. Are you alright?” The boy grins and looks at the bleeding cut from the vampires on his left arm. The cut slowly fades away and he stares at the girl below him, “Healthy.”

 

The boy gets up and quickly attacks two vampires near him with his sword. He looks behind him when he feels a presence. It’s his friend, Chanyeol. “Lay, heal my cut!” Lay quickly places his hand on Chanyeol’s left shoulder. “Healed!” Chanyeol shoots fire from his palm towards a vampire, “Thanks!”

 

“Kai! I need help over here!” A guy shouts and Kai turns to look at him. Kai waves his left hand and a grey portal appears in front of the guy who shouted his name just now. Kai shouts “Get in!” the guy gets in and found himself in the toilet. He quickly twists the tap water, letting the water flow out. He breathes in and stretches his hands out, making the water follow him. “Now, Kai!”

 

The portal appears again and he jumps in it while forming some bubbles, aiming to the vampires head as he reached at the battlefield again. The vampires suffocate in his water and they fall to the ground after struggling with it. Beside him is a guy who uses sharp electric bolts to stab each vampire. One of the vampires had kicked the bolt from his hand. The vampire chokes his neck but the guy just smirks as he sees the vampire is electrocuted by touching his skin.

 

“Chen!” The water manipulator shouts his name anxiously but the electric manipulator shakes his head, “Don’t worry about it, Suho. I’m good.”

 

On the other side of the railway is a group of vampires are fighting each other. Two girls are watching from above, sitting on a tall pole. The smaller girl turns to look at the taller girl, “That is amazing.” The taller girl stares at her and smiles under the mask. The mask is black in colour and it only covers and her nose. The other girl knows that she is smiling even though she’s wearing a mask because her face shows the cute eye smiles to her.

 

The ninja girl pulls out some shurikens and dart them to some vampires while whispering a chant, “Soul eater, I summon you.” The smaller girl stares at her and yelps when a scary looking ghost appears in front of her, floating. The ghost grins creepily, “Whose soul shall I eat, master?” The ninja girl points to the vampires, “All of them.”

 

The ghost shakes her head and bows, “The vampires have no soul. Your wish could not be fulfilled. I’m sorry.” The girl rubs the back of her neck, “Oh… Never mind then.” The girl waves her hand and the ghost is gone. The other girl gasps, “What the bloody hell was that, Kurenai?”

 

“It’s a soul eater. Looks like we just have to watch the vampires fight each other.” She says and throws more shurikens to their heads. The ninja girl is capable of making illusion and she could blind the vampires. The vampires look at each other as their enemies, whilst they’re just vampires. “Watch me do it!” Another girl comes, running towards the vampires and everything stops.

 

Everyone froze as the time stops. Lana takes the chance to cut the all of the vampires’ throats with her sharp knife. Once she’s done, everything moves. Her friends look at their surrounding with confusion as they saw the dead vampires. Kai scoffs, “Lana...”

 

Lana grins sheepishly, “You’re welcomed.”

 

“There are more vampires! They’re heading to the last train that will be arriving to this station soon!” Hera shouts. Xiumin scoffs, “They’re going to out the blood from every human on the train!”

 

The girl beside Kurenai jumps down from the pole, “I’ll go! Kai, I need a lift.” Kai nods and calls out his android, “Android! What’s the position of the last train arriving here?” Suddenly, a device that has the same size of an iPhone comes out of his backpack that he threw on the counter before the battle started. The android flies towards him with its screen showing a map, “410567.”

 

Kai nods his head, “Noted! Rebecca, jump into the portal!” Rebecca runs towards the black portal and shuts her eyes tight since the wind is blowing so hard on her face. Once she opens her eyes, she found herself on the train. She looks around to see any vampires but she couldn’t find any. She pulls the train door and shuts it back tight. She looks at the passengers, “Okay ladies and gentlemen, please move forward until the end of the train because there are vampires coming towards us. Hurry, move!”

 

Rebecca stares at each of the passengers who are just staring at her. After a few seconds they turn away, ignoring Rebecca’s warning. Rebecca sighs, “I said… there are vampires coming towards us.” Some passengers are laughing at her and some of them are shaking their heads, judging her hard. Rebecca nods her head while biting his lower lip in defeat, “Okay… okay then…”

 

Rebecca turns around as if she wants get out of the train but then she turns around with her face and her body completely turns into a vampire. Her eyes become red and swollen while her body turns pale while is showing long fangs. Her face shows some cracks and her body turns skinny. She growls, “I SAID THERE ARE VAMPIRES COMING TOWARDS US!”

 

The passengers shout out loud and quickly run away. Rebecca scoffs, “Oh now you’re running?!” Once the passengers are gone from her sight, she turns back to her real form; a human being. She turns around and looks at the little girl who’s hiding behind the seat. Rebecca softens and walks towards her, “Go to the front of the train now.”

 

The little girl stares at her, “I’m scared.” Rebecca stretches her right hand to the girl, “Come on…”

 

The little girl is about to take her hand when Rebecca kicks her stomach and sends her to fly out of the train. The little girl lands on her feet and she slowly turns into a vampire. Rebecca jumps down the train and crosses her arms, “Bioterrorist vampire. Interesting.”

 

The vampire charges towards her and dodges herself from her attack. Rebecca throws some punches to her head and scoffs, “I need help over here…” After a few seconds, a portal appears in front of her and her friends come out from it, charging towards the vampire. Hera scoffs, “The vampires are on the train!”

 

“I need Xiumin and Suho with me!” Chanyeol says and they step out. Kai creates a portal and the three of them runs through it and they’re now in the train. The vampires are on the train’s roof. Chanyeol looks at his friends, “I need Suho to make this place moist. Xiumin, I need you to shield the passengers.”

 

Xiumin nods and runs to get the passenger, “Noted!” Chanyeol turns to Suho, “Moist.”

 

Suho nods, “Moist it is.” Suho shuts his eyes, focusing on the tap water that he left open just now.The water comes flying from the toilet towards him and he releases the water to damp every section of the train. Suho releases his hands and some of the water drops from his hand, “Done.”

 

Chanyeol nods “Go to Xiumin. He’ll protect you from the fire.” Suho’s eyes widened, “You want to burn the vampires?” Chanyeol looks at him, “To ashes baby.” Suho pats his shoulder before running to get Xiumin, “Good luck.”

 

The vampires get in the train and Chanyeol starts running away from them. More and more vampires are running after him in the train. “Prepare your shield!!!”

 

Ice keeps on coming from his hands, making a thick layer wall in front of him and the others. The passengers gasp and stay back. Xiumin ignores the screaming from the passengers and keeps on thickening his ice walls. Suho looks at the passengers and smiles sweetly, “Don’t worry we’re here to save you.”

 

Chanyeol inhales and lets out a big fire from his body, burning every vampire in front of him. The fire’s catching until it hits Xiumin’s ice wall. Xiumin keeps on thickening the wall and he could feel that some of it has melted. “Hurry, Chanyeol…” Suho keeps on staring at his friend. Suho removes Xiumin’s sweat from his forehead with a wave of his hand and sits on the floor, waiting for Chanyeol’s fire to be gone.

 

The ice keeps on melting and Xiumin can’t make it thick anymore since the space is becoming smaller. “Chanyeol! I can’t hold it any longer! It’s melting!”

 

After a few seconds, the fire starts to fade and Xiumin breaks his ice by punching it. The passengers gasp as they see that the vampires are already dead; burnt. The train final stops at the destination and the trio get out of the train. Before the passengers could run out of the train, Hera stops them with her telekinesis power. A girl walks towards the passengers and throws them some light blue dust, causing the passengers to cough.

 

Once the blue dust is gone, the passengers stare each other before staring at the twelve people in front of the train door and they walk out of the train normally. Lay approaches the girl slowly, “What was the blue thing?” The girl replies, “Potion dust.” Lay blinks, “What potion?” The girl turns around and walks away but she still answers him, “Amnesia.”

 

“We did it again, guys!” Chen says. D.O smiles, “Kai, bring us home.”

 

Kai grins, “Into the portal guys.” But then he frowns when he looks at the girl who threw the potion dust is walking away. Kai calls, “Kim! You’re not coming?”

 

Kim turns around and shakes her head, “I have something to do. You go first.”

 

Kai nods his head, “Take care.”

 

Kim doesn’t reply and she continues her walk. Kai turns his face to the others, “To Zavia Academy we go!”