CHAPTER 3

Riots

Chapter 3

 

 

The lads walk together into the elevator. Sehun just stare at Teacher Jung as he presses the -01 floor which is the basement. It takes them six seconds to reach the floor and Sehun whistles when he looks at the many types of weapons in the large room with high security. Teacher Jung smiles, "Newbies, welcome to the Weapon Room. Here, you can see many types of weapons from the quietest..." He points to the small knife before he continues, "Until the loudest." He points at the grenade and the time bomb.

 

"We're going to use these?" Yura stares at the various types of guns. Teacher Jung nods while Sehun grins in satisfaction. This is so cool. Sehun thought.

 

"Cool indeed." Hera says while crossing her arms. Sehun stares at her with confusion, "Are you a mind reader?" Hera nods, "I am." Sehun smirks, "Why were you reading my mind?"

 

Hera looks away quickly, taking a knife beside her to make herself busy, "Can I take this?" Teacher Jung looks at her, "I thought you don't need a weapon, Hera?" Hera shrugs, "Just in case."

 

Teacher Jung looks at the knife for a second, "Okay you can have it. But I must remind you that its blade has neurotoxin. You have to be careful with it." Hera looks at the shiny blade, "Neurotoxin, noted." Teacher Jung looks at the other students, "Choose anything you like." Lana frowns, "Wait what? Choose? Are we going on a mission?"

 

Yunho shakes his head, "No, you’re going to train the newbies to use the weapons and gadgets."

 

"Hurry, choose your weapons." He continues.

 

Chen leans against the wall and creates a lightning bolt with his palm, "I already have mine." Rebecca grins, "Great so that means you can hold my weapons." Chen frowns, "Hold them yourself woman!"

 

Rebecca smiles, "But I'm full..." She points to her belt and her shoes. Chen sighs when there are already many weapons on her. "Fine! Only two weapons! I'm going to put one between my shoe and one more is going to be hanging from my belt.

 

Rebecca grins, showing a gun in her left arm and a grenade in her right arm. Chen gasps, "No way in hell I'm holding the grenade." Teacher Jung sighs, "Rebecca... Hold your weapons for yourself. What if Chen is not around when you needed the weapon?" Rebecca frowns, "But I don't have enough space to put them."

 

Chen smirks to her while she keeps on frowning. Teacher Jung sighs again, "Then you've taken enough." Rebecca looks down, "Fine..." She almost put the weapons down when Teacher Jung turns away from her while shaking his head. She turns to Chen once again, shoving the weapons to him.

 

Rebecca smirks while whispering, "Hold them." Chen scoffs but he places the gun into the gun holder anyway. "." He bends down a little to slip the rectangular grenade in his shoes. Xiumin takes a gun and stares at Yura.

 

"Push the hammer, and pull the trigger." Xiumin shows her the example and she nods, "Noted... Thanks." Xiumin smiles, "No problem. So, you're a psychic?" Yura nods, "Yes. Very weak ones."

 

"Why do you say that?" Xiumin asks and she smiles sadly, "I am just a psychic. I can't use this kind of power to slaughter someone... Or something." "I'm sure being a psychic has more advantages than having superpowers like us." Xiumin says.

 

"Like what?" Yura asks and Xiumin smiles, "Like you can see the future." Yura stares at him for a while, finding the truth behind Xiumin's words. Well, he's right about her power. She can see the future but she still doubts her ability. She knows that she couldn't be useful when the others are fighting. She would just stand, pull the trigger, reload the gun, and pull the trigger again while the others would use their powers for good.

 

Kim pulls her right arm and hands Baekhyun a gun, "Push the hammer and shoot." After that, she pulls out her left hand to give him a sword, "Very sharp."

 

Baekhyun slips the gun in the gun holder from his belt and takes a look at the sword. Baekhyun is quite amused by the shiny sword. He could clearly see his own reflection before he inserts it back into its case and hangs it to his belt.

 

Kim takes some normal ammunition while she points towards the silver ammunitions, "Silvers are for werewolves, witches and other monsters whilst normal are for the normal." Baekhyun nods, taking the silver ammunitions by himself, "So... What's your power?" Kim answers, "Telekinesis."

 

Rebecca walks in front of Kim and takes one silver bullet, "I need this!" Kim steps backwards quickly before Rebecca almost makes the silver bullet touch her. Rebecca looks at Kim with confusion before she realises that she's holding the silver ammunition. Rebecca sighs, "Calm down... It won't even touch you." Kim looks away, "Whatever, just get that away from me."

 

Rebecca sighs, "Okay, okay!"

 

Baekhyun looks at Kim, "Why's that?" Kim puts on her belt and then she takes two guns, "I'm a witch so I can't handle silver." Baekhyun nods, "Ah... I see..." Kim looks at him, "Do you need anything else?" Baekhyun looks around and points at a pair of glasses, "What is that for?"

 

Kim follows his index finger and answers, "You connect the glasses with your android and it'll show you everything that the android is showing. You can activate the night vision with it." Baekhyun grins, "I'll be taking that."

 

"I thought you'd already have night visions?" Kim slips a knife in her shoe. Baekhyun nods, "I do." He then takes the glasses, putting it on. He turns to Kim, "How do I connect it to android?"

 

Kim answers, "Tell your android to connect it. It's called android glasses by the way." Baekhyun nods, "Android!" His android pops out of his belt and floats in front of him. Baekhyun continues, "Connect to the android glasses."

 

Kim walks towards him and pushes a button on the right side of the glasses, "You have to push the button first to switch it on."

 

"Searching nearby android glasses... Android glasses found. Connect to android glasses 507?" The android speaks. Baekhyun shrugs, "Yes?"

 

"Connecting to android glasses 507... Connection successful."

 

Baekhyun grins when the glasses are now activated. "Does it have an x-ray vision?"

 

"Yes, it does." Kim nods. Baekhyun smiles in satisfaction "Cool..."

 

“When you’re done, go to arena yeah? I’ll wait there.” Yunho says, slowly walking towards the elevator train. Before the door could close, Rebecca pushed the button, making the door opened again. She walks inside it, standing beside the teacher. The elevator train is quiet and a little awkward. However, the awkwardness didn’t stay long as they reached the arena.

 

Yunho flicks a switch and the fighting arena turns into shooting arena. Rebecca steps in first and she puts on the headphones and glasses. She pulls out her gun and points it down before she lifts it up when Yunho presses a button to activate the moving target board. Rebecca pushes the hammer of the firearm and aims it to the bullseye. Bang! It almost hit the bullseye but sadly it doesn’t. Yunho writes down Rebecca’s mark on the record book, “Good enough. Just try to get one bullseye okay?”

 

Rebecca aims and shoots again when another board shows up. The board moves to the right and it breaks into two when she hits the bullseye. Yunho smiles, “That wasn’t so hard right?” Rebecca shrugs and places her gun into the gun holder. She walks towards the audience’s seat and sits on it limply. Yunho moves closer to the mic from the veranda, “Tired?”

 

Rebecca nods slowly while leaning against the chair. She covers with her right palm when she yawns. She stretches up her muscles a little before she leans against the chair one more time. Just when Rebecca wants to shut her eyes the lads arrived at the arena.

 

Yunho looks at Suho, “Suho, you’re in charge for the newbies. The rest will give me one bullseye and you’re good to go.” Rebecca looks at him, “Am I good to go now?” Yunho nods, “Yes Rebecca.”

 

Rebecca sighs in relief, “Thanks. Adios guys.” Rebecca waves and walks into the elevator train.

Sehun, Baekhyun, and Yura watch as each of them shooting at the target. Suho starts to explain everything from a-z about the weapons.

 

“This small knife has neurotoxin coating the blade. One touch and you’ll die because the neurotoxin is really absorbent to skin. You can differentiate the neurotoxin ones and the normal ones by its shine. As you can see the neurotoxin blade is space grey… like an iPhone. The normal blade is just like Baekhyun’s sword.” Suho says. Baekhyun pulls out his sword and looks at the colour. Sehun and Yura look at Baekhyun’s sword and then they look at the neurotoxin knife. Sehun nods, “Noted.”

 

Suho puts down the knife on the table and takes a six shooter gun.  

 

“Six shooter gun. This is Taurus Judge from Brazil, my least favourite. Push down the hammer and you’re ready to blow some heads. Each of you can have this as protection. However, I don’t think it’s suitable for wars.” Suho hands the Taurus Judge to Yura, “Go shoot.”

 

Yura takes the gun slowly while standing up. She stands in front of the 10 meters target and holds up the gun. Suho could clearly see her nervous expression because it is really obvious. Yura pushes down the hammer of the firearm and pulls the trigger after she thought that she had aimed it properly. Suho shrugs, “Not bad. Sit.”

 

Suho takes another gun, “This one is For-12 from Ukraine. The lads use this type often. Baekhyun, try it.” Baekhyun takes the gun and shoots at the target. Suho smiles, “Good job, Baekhyun. That almost hit bullseye.”

 

Suho stares at Sehun and gives him a shotgun, “I want to see if you can use a shotgun. This is Akdal MKA 1919 from Turkey. Just shoot.” Sehun takes the shotgun and the target suddenly moves. Sehun exhales softly, putting up the shotgun. Suho crosses his arms, “Allign your eyes with the alignment.”

 

Sehun follows Suho’s instruction and he shoots the target right in the red circle. Suho nods with a smile like a proud father, “Excellent. We’ll see soon if you can beat Hera next time. She’s the sharp shooter.”

 

Sehun smirks, “Gladly.”

 

“So, everything’s settled. You’ve known how to use the firearms, you’ve known their names, this is the grenade launcher, this is the grenade as you’ve seen on TV, this is Taser, this is the handcuffs obviously, and this is also the grenade. Why is it rectangle and small like a lighter? Well, it’s easy for disguise. Flick this button, within three seconds… boom. Okay, so… let’s see how you use the knives and swords.” Suho says, smiling. He turns to Kurenai who’s about to enter the elevator train with the others and calls her name. Kurenai turns around and walks towards him, “What?”

 

Suho looks at Yunho, “Yunho! Fighting arena, please.”

 

Yunho nods and flicks a switch. The shooting room is now the usual fighting arena.

 

“Use your swords to fight Kurenai’s illusions.” Suho says. Kurenai nods and quickly summons three illusions. The illusions appear as Lay, Chen, and Lana that are holding their very own swords. Suho grins “Start…”

 

 Yura looks anxious and she steps back when Lana’s illusion is approaching her. Lana’s illusion raises her sword and charges towards Yura. Yura takes a small knife on the table and throws it to her. Lana’s illusion dodges it. Yura gasps anxiously and grabs a Katana. She swings the Katana when Lana attacks her with the Arming Sword. Yura keeps on dodging until she falls on her back. Lana’s illusion is about to stab her when Baekhyun blocks her attack with his shiny Claymore Sword.

 

The sound of Baekhyun and Lana’s swords touching makes Yura cringes so she quickly grabs the Katana and stands up while Baekhyun is now fighting with Chen’s illusion. Lana’s illusion stares at her and runs towards her. Yura exhales heavily and starts attacking Lana’s illusion, which is now dodging from her attack.

 

Sehun in the other hand is fighting with Lay’s illusion. Sehun swings his Kaskara sword and ducks a little but Lay’s illusion is fast enough to jump. The illusion swings the Hook Sword from both of his hands but Sehun has already steps backwards. Baekhyun guards himself from his illusion rival and he sees that Chen’s sword, which is his own lightning bolt glows at his Claymore swords when touched. Baekhyun realised that it’s the electricity that slowly flows into his sword. Baekhyun backs away and stabs Chen’s illusion and it goes through his stomach.

 

Chen’s illusion looks down to his stomach and he fades away into the thin air. Yunho smiles, “Congratulations, Baekhyun. You may have a seat.”

Sehun spins around and swing his sword to Lay’s neck. The sword goes through his neck but his neck is still fine. Sehun frowns in confusion as he stares at his neck. Lay’s illusion touches his neck and he fades away into thin air. Yunho looks at Sehun, “You’ve done it too, Sehun. Good job.”

 

Sehun is panting hard so he quickly walks towards his seat. He turns around to look at Yura who is sweating hard to fight her illusion. Sehun puts the sword on the table next to the Butterfly Sword that he believes Kim always use.

 

Yura gasps when Lana’s illusion stabs her right on her chest. Yura holds her breath and her eyes are widened. Baekhyun and Sehun stare at her in horror. Yura looks down to look at her chest and she touches the sword that has gone through her chest. I can feel the sword…

 

Kurenai looks at Suho before she walks into the elevator train. Before the door is closed, Kurenai waves her right hand, “Illusion, be gone.”

 

Lana’s illusion starts fading away and it disappears into thin air just like other illusions. Yura looks down to her chest and she found that the sword is gone too. Yunho keeps on staring at her, “Try again next time Yura.”

 

Suho walks towards her and pats her left shoulder, “Illusions can’t hurt anything. You did great enough. Try harder next time, okay?” Yunho comes down to the arena and smiles, “You are dismissed.”

 

Yura quickly walks away while holding her chest. It felt so real… She is still traumatized by the incident just now. She is thinking about what if, the illusions can hurt? What if someone really stab her chest?  She didn’t feel anything when the illusion stabbed her, but it made her scared. It looked so real and it’s terrifying. Yura wakes up from her thoughts when Suho speaks to her, “It’s just an illusion. Don’t think too much.” 

 

 

To be continued...