CHAPTER 2

Riots

Chapter 2

 

 

Everyone in the meeting room is so focused to Teacher Shim’s words. The room is dark but it is brighten by the slideshow screen. Teacher Shim explains everything about bio-terrorist and some monsters that are possibly joining the bio-terrorist too. There are vampires, werewolves, and so much more monsters exist in this world. The werewolves are one of the considerate kinds since they could change into their human form. They’re alright but some of them are with the bio-terrorist. It is just like choosing a party. Which one would you join, and which one would you diss. In this case, there are various types of supernatural, conduits, and super-conduits join the bio-terrorist.

 

The main reason of the existence of bio-terrorist is to take over the world. They wanted the human and the supernatural to get into a war. The government is aware of the supernatural and the conduits’ existence. The government is not really fond of having a good relationship with them due to fear and prejudice. The government is scared that the world would be taken over by the supernatural and the conduits. Both of them were so close to having a good relationship when suddenly Nina Vilcik built the bio-terrorist empire. She is a liar, a manipulator, and a selfish person. The government wasn’t aware of the bio-terrorist’s existence; saying that the supernatural and the conduits are breaking their friendship. However, Arisoff has been talking to the cabinet and he explained everything about the bio-terrorist. The government starts to calm a little but still… their doubts won’t be gone so easily.

 

“Nina Vilcik is Russian. She was our principal’s assistant in Zavia two years ago but then she’d decided to leave. She doesn’t really like the idea of the normal taking over the world. For her, it is unfair that supernatural and conduits have to hide from the normal community.” Changmin says while sliding the screen to show the next content, which is a video of Nina’s speech.

 

 

“Supernatural and conduits! Why are we protecting the normal? Why are we protecting the humans?  Because they are weak and helpless! I don’t mind to help the humans.  I don’t mind at all. But what if we got no credits after we saved their lives? Why do we need to hide from the human community? Why can’t we blend in with them? Why can’t we show ourselves to the world? Why can’t we be friends with them? Why can’t we become the ruler of the world? Because they’re prejudice! They will fear us! They will call us freaks! They will look at us as if we’re their enemies!”

 

“So be it… Let us be enemies and let’s show them that we’re meant to be feared when things get ugly. Every supernatural and conduit is welcomed to join me to become the bio-terrorist! We must stop everyone who is against us! Together, we can take over the world! Da zdravstvuyet bio-terroristicheskaya!

 

Changmin waves his right hand to show the next screen and then crosses his arms. Suho frowns, “Long live bio-terrorist?” Changmin nods, “She’s been sending this broadcast message to all of the Academy branches all over the world. The most affected branches were in Russia and London. They’re supporting Vilcik and most of them had joined bio-terrorist.”

 

“Well .” Lana scoffs. Rebecca’s expression suddenly becomes tensed, “Changmin… is it possible for a vampire to have supernatural or conduit powers?” Changmin crosses his arms and thinks, “Well… I don’t know and I don’t think so. Why’s that Rebecca?”

 

“I’ve fought a vampire that can do metamorphosis just like me. It disguised as a little girl on the train and it’s a vampire…” Rebecca says.

 

Changmin frowns, “Well that’s new. We knew that vampires can’t handle sunlight and they’re fast. But powers… I don’t know. I really don’t know because I’ve never heard of vampires that have supernatural powers.”

 

“They don’t unless they’ve used Power Transfer Device.” Kim says. Changmin stares at her for a few seconds and nods, “That’s possible.”

 

“So that means vampires have a connection with the supernatural and the conduits?” Chanyeol asks. Changmin shrugs, “As far as I know… We don’t have any connection with the vampires. They do their stuffs we do our stuffs. But when the vampires suddenly cause a chaos at the railway station, I believe they wanted to kill the humans too. They even fought with you guys so that could possibly mean that they’re with the bio-terrorist.”   

 

“They already have our kinds to turn their backs on us and now they’re getting the vampires? What’s next? The wolves?” As Lay finished his sentence, Yura suddenly looks up straight with her eyes widened. She has a vision of some wolves are fighting some supernatural and conduits at the academy’s cafeteria.

 

Once the vision fades away, she looks around her and notices that the whole room is staring at her. D.O asks, “Are you alright?” Yura nods vigorously, “I’m fine… We have to go to the cafeteria now!”

 

“What? Why?” Chen asks and Yura shakes her head, “No time to explain!”

 

Right when Yura gets up from her seat, the emergency alarm rings loudly in the whole academy. Changmin presses a button on his earpiece when Yunho calls him. Changmin’s eyes widened and he quickly runs towards the door.

 

“There are some wolves making a riot in the cafeteria!”     

 

Riots quickly follow the teacher except for Kai. He vanishes and poofs at the cafeteria. Kai gasps as the plate almost hits his head so he quickly ducks. Kai teleports himself behind the dustbin when there’s a student throws a fireball towards him on purpose. Kai presses a button on his earpiece, “Kai here. The riot her seems serious as hell. I’ll try to break them apart.”

 

Kai gets up confidently, “Okay everyone. It’s 7a.m. and I know everyone needs breakfast before you guys get into class. Now why don’t you guys stop making a riot and eat peacefully?”

 

The wolves stare at him before they growl and starts attacking Kai. He gasps before he poofs somewhere else. The wolves look around and charge towards a girl who’s standing in front of the locker. The girl shouts and releases some water from her palms, making the wolves drenched and she quickly runs away from the spot. Kai appears behind of a wolf while raising his hands, “Okay stop this ruckus will you? What do you want by attacking the students early in the morning?”

 

The wolves turn back. One of them changes into his human form and he scoffs to Kai, “Long live bio-terrorist.” Kai’s eyes widened, “Oh .”

 

Kai teleports when the guy charges towards him and he slowly turns into a wolf. Kai appears in front of the elevator train as his teammates and the teachers come out of it. Kim walks towards the wolves casually and raises her left palm. The wolves see her and they quickly charge towards her. However the wolves float in the air and they stare each other anxiously. The wolves couldn’t even move their bodies when Kim uses her telekinetic power.

 

The other students start to look at the show and they stand there while staring at the wolves and Kim. One of the students whispers, “It’s Riots! Thank God they came!”

 

Lana scoffs, “God please not that name.”

 

“Anyone hurt?” Yunho asks and he sighs in relief when there’s no students hurt from the chaos. “Everyone please eat your breakfast and enter your classes as usual.” Changmin says.

 

“While you wolves are coming with us.” Changmin continues while staring at the five wolves angrily. Kim turns away, following the teacher’s steps while the wolves are still there, flying and floating due to the telekinesis. Kai whispers to the both teachers, “They’re with the bio-terrorist.”

 

“As expected.” Yunho scoffs.

 

Xiumin looks at Yura, who is looking down. Xiumin pats her shoulder, “I told you your power will do well.” Yura shrugs, “Thanks.”

 

 

 

 

The interrogation room is echoing with Teacher’s Shim voice when he finally explodes and shouts at one of the wolves. Yunho puts his palm on his shoulder while calming him down, “Calm down, Changmin.”

 

Yunho crosses his arms while sighing “Do you know what you’re doing? You’re becoming part of the bio-terrorist.” The guy shrugs, “Well I thought I can choose whatever side I want to?”

 

“You’re choosing bio-terrorist, Levi. This is serious. Bio-terrorist means harm for the normal and even us.” Yunho says. Levi smirks, “I know.”

 

“You know?” Yunho’s eyes widened. Levi shrugs, “Well… Vilcik is right. We can’t hide forever. We can’t stay hidden from the community and keeps on denying our existence. We have rights to live like humans and show our powers to the world.”

“Levi, we can’t do that. There’s a reason for not letting normal knows about us. If the government knows about us, we can’t imagine what they are going to do to us.” Yunho says. Levi scoffs, “The government are just normal humans, Teacher Jung. We’re much more powerful than them so why do we afraid of them?”

 

“We’re not afraid. We’re trying to avoid the war between the normal and us. Is this what you really want? A war? You really wanted a war?” Changmin asks. Levi shrugs, “If that can make us free so why not?”

 

“We are free, Levi! We’re not in a cage or some ! What kind of freedom do you still want?” Changmin raises his voice. “Freedom to show our powers to the world.” Levi says.

 

“The government will kill you if you do that.” Yunho says. Levi laughs, “They’re humans! They can’t kill me! They can’t kill us! They use guns to kill but we just use our minds to kill.”

 

Changmin scoffs, “Do you see this? Do you know what this is?” He points at the dark grey handcuffs. Levi follows his gaze and his finger. Changmin continues, “These are handcuffs… I know that. But can you use your power after you’re being handcuffed with these things? No. Why? Because it’s made of something that prevent your power from flowing in your body. Who made this? A scientist. What was he? A human.”

 

Changmin catches his breath for a second before he continues, “You bio-terrorist are so full of yourselves. You guys are deluded, arrogant, delusional, and selfish. You think that we’re the most powerful on Earth but do you know how much a human can be stronger than us? Do you know how many human geniuses out there? They probably can build a cage for us to die in there! Use your mind to think!”

 

Levi stares at the teachers and then he looks away, “Then we just have to kill the geniuses.”

 

Changmin face palms while scoffing heavily “Really? Really? You want to kill people? You want to kill people? For all I know, every teacher in Zavia Academy never teaches their students to kill innocent people. The only good thing we can do is at least to help them! Protect them but don’t let them know about our powers.”

 

“I’m tired of protecting them! I get nothing by saving their lives like Riots.” Levi says. Yunho shakes his head, “Oh we did get something. We get peace. We don’t have war and each of us lives happily so do the normal.”

 

Levi is speechless. He looks down and he shrugs. “Until the bio-terrorist thing is still not sorted out… We have to put all of you in the underground jail. Take them!” Some guards take his arms and Levi just follows them limply, heading towards the elevator train.

 

Riots stare at the teachers from the glass walls. Kai sighs when he remembered a fireball that almost hit him at the cafeteria just now. “What’s on your mind?” Rebecca asks.

 

“At the cafeteria… There was someone else with the wolves. I don’t know who but he or she must’ve be a fire manipulator.” Kai says. Chanyeol looks at him, “Excuse me?”

 

“It’s not you, it’s someone else. Wolves don’t have any powers so I believe it’s a person. The person shots a fireball at me and thank God I teleported on time. I believe there’s a bio-terrorist fire manipulator in this school.” Kai says.

 

“Maybe not just a fire manipulator.” Sehun says. Baekhyun nods in agreement, “Maybe there’s even more bio-terrorist in this academy.”

 

“I was thinking the same. Vilcik’s video message has been broadcasted to all academies to every student, to every teacher, to everyone… Well, of course except the normal. It’s not impossible for some students or even teachers to turn back on our own side.” Lay says.

 

Yunho and Changmin come out of the room, looking at their students. “You can go to your class now. It’s 10.am already. We’ll meet at the meeting room again on 6p.m.”

 

“Are you guys not tired? I’m sleepy! We haven’t slept since yesterday!” Chen frowns. The teachers stare at Kim. Kim looks at both of the teachers and she understands what they want. She excuses herself, “I’ll make you potions.”

 

Chen whines while Xiumin taps his chin, “I wonder what she put in the potion. It tastes really good and it’s quite an energy booster.”

 

Suho shrugs, “Kurenai, aren’t you supposed to know about potions too?” Kurenai takes off her mask, revealing her whole pretty face, “Well I do.”

 

Suho grins, “You do? So what did Kim put in to make the potions?” Kurenai shrugs while shaking her head, “Well... I think some things are better left unknown…”

 

 

To be continued...