CHAPTER 5

Riots

vq5fz4.jpg

Chapter 5

NINA VILCIK

 


She can’t control the world, neither do taking over it.

 

“How is that possible? Robots? As superconduits?” Rebecca scoffs.

 

“Everything is possible in this era. Have you ever heard of Power Transfer Device?” Alistair asks and the lads nod. Of course they know, they’re familiar enough with the device since they had seen it themselves in the Power Transfer Room, back in Zavia.

 

“The bio-terrorists are using these devices to transfer the powers into the robots.”

 

Lay frowns, “Wait… whose powers are being transferred?” Alistair smiles bitterly, “From the volunteers.”

 

“The volunteers who turned their backs on all of us?” Sehun asks, shocked. Alistair nods, “The best thing is, the supernaturals and the conduits that joined the bio-terrorist, weren’t agree with the power transferring.” “So, if they’re not willing to transfer, they’ll be forced?” Baekhyun asks.

 

“Yes.”

 

Kai smirks, “ it.” Lana shrugs, “Must be .”

 

“There’s still more.” Alistair pauses and then continues, “After the transfer had been done, the bodies of the so-called volunteers were disposed right in front of Eden’s gate.”

 

“WHAT?!”

 

“Burnt.” He continues.

 

“What the , that’s hardcore!” Sehun scoffs. Yura shakes her head, “Those guys are monsters.”

 

“They are indeed.” Hera clenches her fists and grits her teeth, “What should we do?”

 

“We need Yura to see what happened to the dead no-longer-official-bioterrorists.” Alistair stands up. Yura looks at him, “M-me?”

 

“You’re a psychic after all.”

 

 

Yura swallows hard when she looks at the sixteen burnt corpses. She stands in front of one corpse and stretches her left hand to touch the corpse’s burnt hand before she kneels beside it.

 

And her retina becomes wide as the electric feel runs down through her body, slowly flashing a scene of memory from the dead.

 

It started with a familiar face, named Kang Junhae, a junior from Zavia. Junhae was joining the bioterrorist since he’s tired of living under the ground, keeping his identity a secret, no one can know about his power. He wanted to be free. He wanted to do many things with his power. He wanted to share his talents with people all around the world. But his hopes were crushed as some scientists tied his hands and legs to the bed. 

 

“Junhae Kang, age 16, do you know why you’re brought here?” One of the scientists asks. Junhae shrugs, “I was told to make some test or something…” The scientist nods, “I only have one question for you…”

 

“Would you transfer your power to this beautiful robot over here?”

 

Junhae’s eyes widened, “What? Of course I won’t.”

 

“Once again, would you transfer your power to this beautiful robot over here?”

 

“ no!” Junhae yells on his face. The scientist shakes his head, “This is not a test anymore. It’s elimination now.”

 

Junhae struggled and activated his power. However, he left that his power had been out of his body when he’s trying to use it. “This bed is power restrain. I mean… hmm I can’t find a good word for this thing. Power er maybe? I don’t know.”

 

“On behalf of our president, thank you for joining the bioterrorists. Long live bioterrorists.”

 

“No… no… this is not what I wanted! NO!”

 

Yura gasps and falls on her back but somehow caught by Xiumin, “Breathe… breathe… slowly.” Yura follows Xiumin’s words and seems to ease a little. “He is Kang Junhae. He was a Zavian and he’s only 16. The bioterrorist- Nina is manipulating the supernaturals and the conduits. She promised that they could be free and they could show their powers to the world but… the truth is she only wants their powers to be transferred into some robots.”

 

Lana gasps while Yura stands up straight with Xiumin’s help. “After she’s got their powers transferred into the robots, she killed the volunteers- who backed away after knowing the plan. The ones, who agreed to transfer their powers, are spared. Not many of them who agreed to the crazy plan. Only six conduits are alive since they agreed.”

 

“Why robots?” Rebecca asks.

 

“Because they’re machines and they can be controlled. Whilst us-you, couldn’t be controlled since you can experience various types of feelings. Plus, you have brains and you can control your own mind. You can either be manipulated, persuaded, forced, or volunteer.” Kim says, her voice is monotone just like always.

 

Alistair nods, “That is correct.”

 

Yura looks at the corpse and sees a spirit near the corpse. Junhae? Junhae’s soul looks up to her with a sad face as he felt that someone is staring at him, “You can see me?” Yura blinks her eyes while nodding slowly. Junhae keeps on staring at her. “Tell everyone that I’m sorry.”

 

“Yura.”

 

She flinched and looks at Baekhyun, “Y-yes?”

 

“Let’s go.” Baekhyun says and walks towards the train elevator.

 

They take the train elevator to the meeting room. Delilah enters the room first, flicking the switches with her telekinesis power. The lights are on and they sit on the chairs. “If I may ask… what are we going to do now?” Kai asks. Alistair sits on his chair and stares at each of them seriously, “You will find the bioterrorists hideaway.”

 

“How? We don’t know where they’re hiding.” Chanyeol says. “We’ll wait for another breakout. I’m sure that the bioterrorists are going to make another riot. From there, you will track them down.” Alistair pauses and then continues, “But for now, you should rest. You’ve come a long way.”

 

Delilah smiles, “Come… I’ll bring you to your rooms.”

 

 

 

“I miss my bed.” Rebecca lies down on the bed with her arms and legs spread while pouting. Lana climbs to the top deck and looks down to Rebecca, who is lying down under her. “Becca, this bed is exactly the same with the beds in Zavia.”

 

Rebecca frowns, “But my bed is fluffier.”

 

Lana rolls her eyes, “It’s fluffy because you slept too much on it whenever we had our free times.”

 

“It’s free time, what should I do?” Rebecca hugs the pillow.

 

Yura is about to put her back on an upper bed when Kurenai jumps swiftly on it, making Yura gasps and holds her chest. Kurenai looks at her while kneeling on the bed, “My bed.”

 

Yura opens to say something but then sighs, “Okay.” She turns around to look at the other upper bed but sighs again when it’s taken by Kim, who is already typing something on her laptop on it. Yura puts her backpack on the lower bed under Kurenai’s and lies down limply.

 

Hera takes a peek on Kim from her lower bed, “Kim… Whatcha doin?”

 

Kim keeps on typing on her laptop, “Some research about Nina.” Hera wrinkles her forehead, “Are you using our school’s portal? Not google or yahoo, right?”

 

“Eden’s Portal.” Kim says and types in Nina’s name in the search bar.

 

Search not found.

 

“Search not found.” Kim reads the words. Hera nods, “Yeah, the entire Academy blocks things that are connected to Vilcik.”

 

“Except the teachers’ portal.” Rebecca says, staring at Hera. Hera shrugs, “It’s teachers’ access only.”

 

“I know Yunho’s password?” Rebecca says innocently and Kim stares at her, “Can you log in?”

 

Hera’s eyes widened, “Wait wait wowowo! How did you get his password?” Rebecca grins, “I became Changmin for a minute to prank him once. They’re tight enough for Yunho to log in in front of him.”

 

Kim passes her laptop to Rebecca. Once Rebecca takes it, Kim climbs down her bed to sit beside Rebecca. She logs in Yunho’s account and grins in satisfaction.

Welcome, Yunho Jung

 

She types in the search bar and opens in happiness, “I told you they don’t block it in the teachers’ portal!”

 

“Niceeeee…” Lana says from her upper bed.

 

Nina Lidochka Jekaterina Vilcik

 

Date of birth: 12/08/1986 (Age 30)

Place of birth: Vologda, Russia

Education: Svetlana Academy, Russia (1994-2005)

 

“Let’s check the news about Vilcik…” Rebecca clicks the ‘news’.

 

Former Zavian professor Nina Vilcik declares war among the anti-bioterrorists.

‘The superconduits are advised to not be influenced by bad elements such as Nina Vilcik.’ Says Arisoff, the Zavia Academy’s Principal.

‘Nina Vilcik is immature.’ The Svetlana’s Principal says.

 

“Click that one…” Hera says and Rebecca nods.

 

“Nina Vilcik is immature. She’s selfish, hateful, and delusional. She can’t control the world, neither do taking over it. We are supposed to keep the world safe and peaceful instead of declaring war and make enemies. We are supposed to be united with the humans and other species that exists in this world. We blend with the normal community very well with our identities hidden. The speculation of superconduits is not free to show their abilities are an absolute nonsense. Normals are not as tough and mentally stable as they seem. Their ways of thinking are different from our ways of thinking. I am not saying normal are all crazy people; they are just not prepared for something extraordinary like us. It is something their language would say… freak. They need time to accept us, so it is rational to do convince them in the softest way which is blending in without showing our powers. However, Vilcik ruined it all by starting all the chaos and the riots! How could the normal community look at us from now on? They will-“

 

Access Disconnected

 

“What?!” Rebecca shouts, pressing the ‘enter’ button. Her phone suddenly rings and she picks it up, “Hello?”

 

“Miss Young.”

 

Rebecca’s jaw drops and she laughs nervously, “Yunho? Haha, what’s up?”

 

“What’s up with you, signing in using my account?” Yunho asks, his tone is cold. Rebecca swallows hard, “What account?”

 

She could hear Yunho sighs, “Rebecca… Why did you open the teachers’ portal?”

 

“Well obviously, you know what we’re watching!” Rebecca frowns. Yunho asks, “We?”

 

“Yes! We… Yes, we. Hera, Lana, Kim, Kurenai, Yura, and I.”

 

“Hey! I have nothing to do with this!” Yura frowns.

 

“Rebecca, you know you can always ask me if you need anything.” Yunho asks. Rebecca shrugs, “Well… I thought we can just… Fine, I’m sorry.”

 

“Apology accepted. Oh, and for your info, I already changed my password so…”

 

Rebecca sighs, “Of course you did.”

“Talk to you later, Miss Young.”

 

Rebecca throws her phone on the pillow and sighs, “Busted.”

 

The lads look at each other and shrug.

 


AUTHOR'S NOTE: Thank you for reading this chapter. I hope you will wait for the next one. I promise it's getting better :D