CHAPTER 1

Riots

Chapter 1

 

 

The bar is full with people since it’s the weekend. There’s a good looking guy sitting on the chair while drinking his beer. His eyes are staring at the woman beside him. The woman is pretty, but sadly she’s already had a boyfriend. I can have her if I want to. He smirks when he thinks of that thought. The woman is wearing a short dress. Suddenly, a wind pushes her skirt, revealing her underwear and she quickly covers it.

 

The guy smirks, “Nice underwear.” The woman’s jaw drops. She was about to shout at him but then she smiles, “Thank you.” The woman must have been charmed by his handsome looks. The woman’s boyfriend stares at him, “Excuse me? Are you trying to pick up a fight here?”

 

As expected. The guy looks at her boyfriend, “Pardon?”

 

Her boyfriend gets up from his seat, “Are you trying to flirt with my girlfriend?” The guy shrugs, “She’s beautiful. I can’t help it.” Her boyfriend’s about to punch his face but then he breathes heavily. He holds his own throat, struggling to breathe. He falls on the floor while gasping for air. His girlfriend kneels down beside him, “W-what’s happening?”

 

The guy smirks and drinks his beer.

 

“Oh Sehun.”

 

The guy stops drinking the beer and turns around while the man who was gasping for air has releases his hand from his throat and he could feel that his breathing is getting normal again.

 

“I believe that you’re still not allowed to drink alcohol.” The girl says. Sehun raises his eyebrows, “Who are you?” The girl answers, “Just someone from school.” Sehun laughs, “Do you have a name?”

 

“Kim.”

 

Sehun frowns, “Just Kim?”

 

She replies, “Kim.” Sehun nods his head, “Can I call you darling?”

 

Kim crosses her arms, “Kim.”

 

Sehun smiles, “Okay… Kim. Would you like a drink?”

 

Kim shakes her head, “I’m here to take you back to Zavia. You’re needed now.” Sehun looks at her with confusion, “What? Who are you? Why am I needed at this time? 2a.m? School? Really?” Kim looks at him, “Yes.”

 

Sehun gets up from his seat, “Kim… What are you trying to do?” Kim repeats, “I’m here to take you back to Zavia. You’re needed now.” Sehun smirks, “Do you think I’m going to trust you?”

 

Kim answers, “No.” Sehun smiles, “Then it’s done. I’m not going back to Zavia now… Or anywhere else.” Sehun shots her a look but she keeps her cold expression. She stares at him, “You’re still coming. Abracadabra, Sehun.”

 

Sehun shuts his eyes and he fell to the floor. Kim looks around her, “Could someone please bring him to my car? I can’t handle his weight.”

 

 

 

 

The guy is walking down the alley when he heard a noise coming from his left. He tries to check it out but he cancelled it once he heard another noise from behind him. He quickly looks back and sees something in the dark. He gasps and runs away, sprinting through the dark alley. He passes every lamp post and he uses his power to make the lights go out. He reaches a gate but it could not be opened. His breathing becomes heavier as he tries to push the gate but that won’t even budge. He turns around and presses his back to the gate, staring at the ghost that is now in front of him. It is dark but he has a night vision and he can clearly see the human-like ghost. For the first time in life he encounters a ghost.

 

He is terrified of ghosts. He still couldn’t believe that there is a ghost in front of him. He is about to scream when he sees someone appears behind the ghost; a human girl.

 

“Illusion, be gone.”

 

The ghost starts to fade away and he looks at the girl. “Y-you can see me?” He stutters. The girl shakes her head, “But I know you’re here, Baekhyun.” Baekhyun’s eyes widened, “How do you know my name?”

 

The girl replies, “I’m someone from school. I’m here to bring you back to Zavia. You’re needed now.” Baekhyun bits his lower lip, “Am I going to detention?” The girl shakes her head, “It’s wrong to get out of Zavia after 10pm. However, you’re not going to detention. You’re just needed for something else.” Baekhyun looks at her expressionless face and crosses his arms, “Can I trust you?”

 

The girl nods. Baekhyun hesitates and sighs, “Let’s go then.”

 

The girl turns around but then she stops. Baekhyun looks at her, “What’s wrong?” The girl says, “I can’t see anything.” Baekhyun frowns, “Then how did you see the ghost just now?”

 

“I didn’t see it. I felt it.” She says and Baekhyun nods in understatement. He stretches his right hand out, “Hold my hand then…” She hesitates but then she searches for his hand in the dark. Baekhyun smiles and takes her hand. “What’s your name?” Baekhyun asks. “I’m Kim.”

 

“Android, bring us to the car.” Kim says and the android pops out of her backpack, showing directions. Baekhyun nods and leads her to the car, “You’re really from Zavia.” Kim nods once, “I’ve told you.” Baekhyun then uses his power to light up the alley again and he releases Kim’s hand. Kim blinks her eyes for a few times to adjust her eyes to her new vision.

 

Baekhyun opens the back door and gasps when he sees the fainted Sehun. He looks at Kim, “What is this?” Kim looks at Sehun, “He’s drunk.” Baekhyun nods and gets in the car. He frowns when he looks at the driver, “Teacher Jung?” The teacher nods, “Hello Baekhyun.”

 

 

 

The principal’s office is quiet until Teacher Jung speaks up, “When is he going to wake up?” Kim stares at her Casio watch, “Now.” Everyone- Riots, the principal, Teacher Jung, Baekhyun, an unknown girl and Teacher Shim are turning their heads to Sehun, who is slowly opening his eyes. Sehun stares at each of the faces and sits up straight on the sofa.  Kim looks at the principal, “He’s awake.” The principal nods, “I can see that. So, everybody’s here now…”

 

Teacher Jung nods and the principal sits up straight, “Oh Sehun, Byun Baekhyun and Kang Yura. First of all, I’m sorry for disturbing your night. It’s 4a.m. now but I have something important to tell the three of you. Sehun and Baekhyun, you know that going out of the academy after 11pm is wrong right, especially when you’re living in the academy itself.”

 

Both of them nod slowly. The principal continues, “I hope both of you won’t repeat the same mistake again. However, that’s not the main reason that I invited all of you here. I’m here to say that, the three of you are officially part of Riots.”

 

Sehun frowns, Baekhyun’s jaw drops, whilst Yura’s eyes widened. Baekhyun asks, “Why? How?” The principal smiles, “We’ve been watching your grades and your trainings. Riots would be pleased to have people like you in their team.” Sehun crosses his arms, “I’m sorry but why do I have to be part of this lame team again?”

 

Riots stare at him before they stare each other. Teacher Jung speaks up, “This lame team has been defeating many enemies and keeping the world safe. They’re not just the typical kingka and queenka that you’ve seen on TV.” Sehun makes an ‘o’ with his mouth, “So… am I going to save the world too?”

 

“Not just you but all of you. I know what all of you can do. Baekhyun’s the light and darkness manipulator, you are the air manipulator and Yura is a psychic.” The principal says. Yura sighs, “Principal… I’m just a psychic. I can’t get into wars.” The principal shakes his head, “In wars, we really need people like you.”

 

“Arisoff, I’m afraid it’s time for us to train now.” Suho says and the principal nods, “You may go now, except Kim.” The trio’s eyes widened when they heard the leader of the team called the principal informally. Sehun smirks, “I’m in Arisoff.” Arisoff nods his head, “Sehun’s in. What about both of you?” Baekhyun bits his lower lip and shrugs, “Well I think I might have to give it a shot.”

 

Yura mentally sighs when all eyes are staring at her now, “I’m in.”

 

Kim takes a tray that has three glasses of water on it and gives them to the newbies. Sehun takes the glass and asks, “What’s this?” Kim replies, “Energy potion.” Sehun shrugs and drinks it along with the two other. They could feel their throats are soothed with the sweet drinks. They were quite sleepy at first but then they feel amazing. “I feel good.” Baekhyun says and Arisoff nods, “Thanks to Kim right here.”

 

“Thanks Kim.” Baekhyun smiles but she just nods. Teacher Jung grins, “Follow me… I’ll bring you to the arena.” The three of them follow the teacher. When Kim was about to take her first step, the principal stops her, “Not you Kim. I need to talk to you, please have a sit.” Kim sits on the chair opposite Arisoff. When everyone’s gone, Arisoff speaks up, “I know that you can be invincible.”

 

Kim nods slowly, “How did you know that?” Arisoff sighs, “I’m the principal, Kim. I know… You used the Power Transfer Device on Park Sora before she died. You transferred her power into your body. Tell me honestly Kim. What have you done to her?” Kim’s expression didn’t change at all. “I’ve done nothing to her.” Arisoff looks down and sighs. After a few seconds of silence, Kim asks, “Is there anything else you need from me?”

 

The principal shakes his head, “You may go.”

 

Kim stands up and bows before turning her back to walk out of the door. She walks down the hallway and takes the train elevator straight to the arena. The train elevator goes 1 second to every floor/room. The arena is on the fourth floor below the principal’s office so it takes only 4 seconds to reach the arena. She gets out of the train and looks at her teammates. Sehun is fighti-training with Kai. They look quite serious though. Teacher Jung crosses his arms from the indoor veranda, “Don’t kill each other, yeah?”

 

Kai scoffs, “I’ll try my best.” Sehun smirks and he stands up straight while crossing his arms. Kai in the other hand keeps on poof-ing himself until he poofs in front of Sehun. Sehun dodges Kai’s attack, rolling to the right sight. Kai smirks and creates a portal and pushes it towards Sehun. Once the portal hits Sehun, Sehun realises that he’s now on the veranda, together with the teachers. The teachers gasp while Sehun’s eyes widened when he’s falling from the veranda. Before Sehun reaches the floor, Kai made another portal on the floor and makes Sehun falls into it instead of hitting the floor. Kai makes another portal in front of him and Sehun comes out of the portal. Sehun turns around to see at the smirking Kai. Kai points his index finger to the floor and Sehun looks down to the place Kai is showing.

 

The hard floor turns into a portal as Sehun looks down, so he falls into it while Kai makes another portal on the ceiling while crossing his arms. Kai looks up to his portal in confusion when Sehun didn’t fall from the ceiling through his portal. The teachers move closer to the veranda while the other students stare each other. Baekhyun looks at everyone, “Wh-where is he?”

 

Kai bits his lower lip, felling anxious. Is he trapped in the portal or some ?

 

Out of the blue, Sehun comes out from the portal; flying. He smirks on the air while he waves his hand, making a strong wind hit Kai. Kai teleports to run away from the wind. He’s safely dodged himself but then his throat feels weird. Kai touches and starts to gasp for air. He kneels on the floor, gasping really hard. Rebecca stands up from the audience seats, “What the hell happened?”

 

Kai’s eyes are wide and his tongue starts to dry. He struggles at first but then he stops once he can breathe again. Sehun walks towards him and stretches out his right arm, waiting for Kai to take his hand. Kai looks at his hand for a second before he finally takes Sehun’s hand, still gasping for air. Teacher Jung speaks through the microphone, “Oh Sehun… Mind to explain what just happened? How did you do that?”

 

Sehun stands at the middle of the arena and looks up to Teacher Jung, "I am the wind manipulator. I can fly with the help of the wind... Obviously. I hid inside Kai's portal, floating in it. The next thing was I blocked Kai's windpipe so that he couldn't breathe."

 

The students gasp, so do the teachers. Chanyeol exhales, "He's powerful." D.O nods, agreeing to his statement. Teacher Jung stares at him while blinking for a few times, "That is terrific. Both of you can go sit now. Good job, Sehun. And you too Kai."

 

Kai looks at Sehun and stretches his hand, "I'm Kai." Sehun takes his hand, "Sehun." Kai gives him a smile, "Welcome to Riots."

 

Sehun smirks, "Thanks."

 

"Next are Rebecca and Kurenai."

 

Rebecca gets up from her seat and walks into the together with Kurenai to the centre of the arena. Rebecca sighs, "Of course I'm going to lose." Kurenai stares at her and flashes her cute eye smile. Kurenai is wearing her mask now. She often wears mask when she's getting into battles or on a mission. She has many shurikens in her pockets. Thin once, but sharp.

 

"Start." Teacher Jung says and the girls start attacking each other with kicks and punches. Sehun whistles, "Cat fight." Kai chuckles while smirking, "Cat fight indeed."

 

Kurenai takes out a shuriken and shows it to Rebecca. Rebecca frowns, "Oh man... Really? Android, activate the shield!" Rebecca's android ejects from her belt and quickly flashes a translucent blue light from its screen in front of her. Kurenai throws the shuriken and it hits the translucent light which is the shield.

 

"Hide shield!" Rebecca says and the shield's gone when the android stops flashing the light. The android follows Rebecca everywhere. Kurenai throws another shuriken, making Rebecca screams, "SHIELD!"

 

The shuriken hits her shield again, making Kurenai laughs. Rebecca whines, "I can't attack you. You're a ninja!" Kurenai shrugs and she suddenly looks down. Rebecca stares at her, "Renai?"

 

Kurenai keeps on looking down. Rebecca approaches her, "You're alright there?" She gasps when suddenly the arena slowly changes black. She looks around her but she sees nothing until a ghost appears in front of her. Rebecca screams and falls on her back, covering her face.

 

"GHOST! GO AWAY!" Rebecca shouts.

 

Riots stare each other at the arena. Baekhyun asks while pointing his index finger to Rebecca, "Err... What's wrong with her?" She is literally shouting and covering her face while rolling on the floor. Xiumin holds back his laughter, "Kurenai the ninja can do illusions. I supposed that she's using her power to create illusion for scaring Rebecca. She's really terrified of ghosts."

 

Baekhyun nods, "Can the illusions hurt someone?" Xiumin shakes his head, "They can't. They're just illusions." Meanwhile, Rebecca is still rolling on the floor screaming. The ghost illusion approaches her, "Rebecca..."

 

Rebecca screams louder, "IT SAID MY NAME!!!!!!!!!!" Lana laughs out loud, "This is so good!" Hera rolls her eyes but then smiles, "You would act the same if you see ghost anyway..." Lana nods, "True. But I’m sure I can differentiate between real ghosts and illusions."

 

Kurenai laughs and looks up. Rebecca stops screaming and she looks around when she realises that she's still in the arena. Rebecca scoffs, "You little piece of ..."

 

Kurenai gives her an eye smile again, making her sigh, "Oh don't smile at me! You made me see a bloody ghost!" Rebecca heard Suho's chuckling so she stares at him, "Yeah laugh! Do you know how ugly it was? It looks like this..."

 

Rebecca's face slowly turns pale and skinnier. Her pretty face is now gone, replaced by the ghost's face that she had just seen just now. Suho gasps. Rebecca changes herself to her true form again and sighs. "God damn it, it's ugly!" D.O exclaims. D.O changes his glance towards Kim, "How are you not gasping? Are you not shocked to see the ghost's face?"

 

Kim answers while keeping her usual expression. She has always been like that. Cold, expressionless, emotionless, and pokerfaced. "I've seen worse."

 

D.O nods, "No wonder." Yura looks at both of them and whispers to Lay who is sitting beside her, "Um... What is her power?" Lay follows her gaze, "Her name is Kim. She's a witch." Yura's eyes widened, "A witch?"

 

Lay nods, "She usually makes potion but she could also do telekinesis. She and Hera have the same kind of telekinesis power except Kim's stronger." Yura nods "Wow... Why does she always look unamused though?" Lay chuckles, "She's always like that. She is a witch, she has no feelings."

 

Yura blinks to his words, "No... feelings?" Lay nods, "She can't feel anything except for pain. It's her witch nature to be cold." Yura frowns, "But if she has no feelings... Why would she be in Riots? How could she know about being good and bad? How could she help people in need when she can't feel anything?"

 

Lay smiles, "By learning. Witches are smart, they can think rationally but sometimes they could think ‘rationally’ of being bad. Kim however, she managed to think about good rationales instead of bad. She's the last generation of witches by the way."

 

"I see..." Yura says. "Don't worry; she has seen the human nature and attitudes for quite a long time already. She's a nice witch even though she has no feelings." Chen whispers from behind her. She looks at Chen before turning her face to Lay. Lay smiles and nods, agreeing with Chen.

 

Teacher Jung sighs, “You still can’t differentiate an illusion and a real one, don’t you?” Rebecca frowns, “Hell yeah I can Jung Yunho! But it’s a God damn ghost, how could I stay cool?” Jung Yunho shrugs, “Not my fault that you’re scared of ghost.” Rebecca smiles sarcastically, “Not my fault that I’m scared of ghost!” The teacher sighs, “Yeah yeah whatever.”

 

 

To be continued...