Changes In Appearance

The Five Dynasties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

My old home surrounded me; the rot was still there. Everything was the same. Except for the new table covered in maps and weapons, 5 guns, 8 knives, a baseball bat, and 10 black bandanas. I stepped forward. Not making a sound, which was strange, the floor always creaked. I tried to pick up a bandana but my hand slipped straight through it. So this is what it feels like to be a ghost…Orchids were painted gracefully on each bandana.

 

 That’s when it dawned on me…

 

The orchid revolution…

 

This must be their symbol. Why were they in my old house? Snooping a little more I investigated the map, names of streets were scribbled on it.

 

King Street, that was the street my new home was. A red dot was pinned on one of the houses, I could only assume it was the Zhang house. There were 5 other red pins. One was pinned on Idris Academy. My breath hitched. Are they places they were going to attack?

 

“I say tonight.” A deep voice interrupted my thoughts. My hands snapped away from the maps and I backed away from the table.

 

“Tis not the time Nam Joon.” A new voice spoke. “We must wait, one by one. Spike fear in their hearts. Make it seem like it is unpredictable. Then cut off the heads of the royals.”

 

I shuddered, how could someone think of something so vile?

 

Adela did…

A small voice in my mind spoke. It sounded a lot like Yuki, but I guess it was just my mind. Yuki wasn’t here.

 

“Go on.” Spoke a female voice.

 

10 shadows, dressed in black filed into the room. From what I saw, they all appeared to be male except for one shorter figure with long hair.

 

“We have already attacked innocents. “ The same voice spoke again, giving a more detailed plan. “Now we attack the library, steal the…documents you were talking about Auntie.”

 

Auntie? My Auntie?

 

“We attack places everyone goes, supermarkets, playgrounds, and the likes. We don’t need that many casualties, just a few. They will be afraid to leave their houses; they will feel the same fear we felt for years. Then, out of nowhere, in the dead of night, we take out the heads. It will send them into chaos and give us enough time to infiltrate and release those they have captured. Including Adela and her siblings.” It paused and walked into the light.

 

…Jin, he was a member of the gang BTS.

 

“We will save her Jungkook. We will save your girl.” The light spread, someone had a lamp. Jin was staring intensely at Jungkook who had tears in his eyes. Why was he crying over Adela? He hated her. He called her she-devil…He was dating Adela. My eyes scanned the other 7 people. It was the other Bts members…V? Bobby was there too. Even Ozar stood serious, eyes dangerous. My gaze fell on someone I never thought would join the orchid revolution.

 

Auntie…

 

All the others hated the royals, though Bobby hardly showed it. I could see them joining the revolution. Especially without me there to keep them on track. But Auntie was always so level headed, always so calm. She was the voice of reason. I guess…she wasn’t who I thought she was. I knew no one in this room. I thought I knew them but the people I knew…would never even consider murder.

 

Drip drop

 

They will face death if they go through with that plan…

 

The tears fell one by one until they became a waterfall. I could not see through the tears. Soft chirping birds replaced the looming silence. The smell of the ocean replaced the stench of my old home.

 

I don’t want them to die…

 

“It’s time you forget her…She only brings you pain. I don’t like it when you’re in pain. We, Exo, will be there for you more than she ever was. We will be better than she was and from what I heard she was no angel. So just forget her okay?” A voice I knew well, yet couldn’t match softly told me. The tears stopped slowly and I opened my eyes to meet the intense blue hued eyes of Zian. They were clear as day. Though the rest of his face was blurred.

 

“Some things are supposed to be forgotten…” His eyes bored into mine conveying an emotion that was new to me.

 

 

Love

 

------------------

Chanyeol POV

 

“How are they?” Sehun asked, his face was haggard with worry. Suho and Kris had yet to wake. Areum had woken up once to whisper a name I had never heard before, Zian, and then collapsed. She had barely walked out her door.

 

“Suho’s hair changed. It’s platinum blonde now, almost white.” Sehun spoke again and I was reminded of myself as a child.

 

“Appa’s hair is white now.” A sob choked eomma. Why was she crying? Appa looked cool with white hair. “And there is this purple stuff beneath his eyes. He looked scary eomma but I wasn’t scared because appa would never hurt me.”

 

 I blinked and eomma and my younger self were gone.

None of us knew what to say. Three of us were already hurt. We had only been on this island for a day.

“Will we be like this when we awaken?” Xiumin asked with a trembling voice. Everyone looked so sad, so down. I hated it. It was just like-

 

“We are going to be fine. The forces chose us for a reason, didn’t they? If we couldn’t survive the awakening then why would they choose us?” I smiled and so did Lay.

 

“He’s right. Instead of sitting on our butts and doing nothing lets do something.”

“Like what?”

“W-we could train.” Baekhyun piped up, his puppy eyes darting nervously around. I shrugged; there was nothing better to do.

 

We were running an obstacle course made by Kyungsoo-I mean D.O. when I heard her voice fluttering in my ear.

“Zian”

I froze.

“Zian I love you.”

Snapping around I saw a surprised Baekhyun.

 

“What’s wrong Chanyeol?”

 

“Do you want a family Zian?” I saw her, in someone who looked just like me arms smiling brightly. Her chin was resting against their chest. Beautiful amber eyes gaze up at them.

 

“I want three, two girls that look just like you and one boy so I’m not lonely.” Not only did he look like me but also sounded just like me. He was identical to me in every way. She giggled and I could not breath.

 

“What if I want one?”

“Then I want a girl. So she can be as beautiful as her mama.” My identical twin smiled and brushed her hair back, tucking it behind her ear.

 

“Chanyeol you good you aren’t looking too good.” Lay’s concerned face popped up and I stumbled back.

 

“No where did she go-“

 

“Zian!” She squealed running to me. She jumped into my arms, her purple hair bouncing with life. “Guess what?”


I laughed “What?”
 

“I found Rennai (Patience).”

“What about Wusi (Selflessness)?”

“Chanyeol!” Lay shook me, calling my name loudly.


“I found both of them, I found our leaders!” She cheered.

 

“Chanyeol!” Lay appeared again, the rest of the guys behind him now giving me concerned glances.

 

“Follow me!”

 

“What happened?”

She ran her hair dancing in the wind. Her happy giggles echoing in the peaceful silence. I followed her, excitement and anticipation flooding my veins.

“Chanyeol! Stop, come back!” I ran away from them following the girl from my dreams. I heard footsteps following me but I paid them no mind. All that mattered was her, the girl from my dreams.

“They are in there, Zian. Go wake them. It is time the leaders rise.”

 

I came to a halt in front of our house. The door creaked open.

 

“Chanyeol why’d you come back here?” I heard Baekhyun wheeze. Ignoring him I rushed inside. She stood on the staircase, ushering me up there. I ran up the stairs. I caught a glimpse of her hair turning a corner and sprinted down more halls until I almost ran into someone.

 

Kris.

 

“…you aren’t her? Where did she go?” I thought aloud.

 

“Glad you noticed I was he. And no one else is here. “ Kris glared, like usual, and gave me a strange once-over.

 

“Chanye-Kris you’re awake! I mean you’re up cause you were just awakened and-“

“Tao you’re rambling.” Kris cut off Tao who was sweating profusely. Sehun, Baekhyun, Lay and the others stood behind him. Kris sighed at the sight of us. He opened his mouth when a yawn cut him off.

 

“Ahhh my neck hurts like a .” Suho shuffled out his room, stretching so well all could see his belly button. Lay stifled a laugh.

“You have bed hair.” He giggled. I shook my head but chuckled all the same. It was a sight to behold. White strands stuck up in every direction. Suho glared at everyone.

“What the hell are you guys doing in a line?”

“I was going to ask the same question.” Kris agreed firmly coming to stand beside Suho. They resembled a mother and father, Suho was short enough to be female-

Luhan burst into laughter. It was kind of weird because no sound exited his mouth. His hands moved frantically and Tao started to laugh too. I winced away from the loud hyena sounds he made.

 

“What the are you laughing about?”

“Father…mother…” Tao wheezed pointing at Kris and Suho who gave each other a glance only they could understand. In unison they sighed and shooed us down the stairs.

 

 

 

“So why were you all in the hall looking exhausted?”

 

Someone coughed but no one answered. I sunk into my chair.

 

“That doesn’t matter. What happened to you two?” Lay changed the subject thankfully. He glanced at me and set a small smile, which I returned though it wasn’t real. Both of their jaws clenched and the air in the room seems to tense.

-----------------------------------------

Kris POV

 

It was cold, really cold. The crisp wind snapped my clothes back and forth, stinging my skin. Low whistles dripping with misery ran through the air. I stood on an empty street. One side led into the city, the other side showed clouds, as fluffy and white as I remember. My eyes widened. The city was resting on clouds. I should be surprised but I’m not. Only amazed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter