Reunited At Last

The Five Dynasties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“This is it.” 
I cheered I sliding off Chanyeol’s back. I skipped my way down the rest of the street. Skidding to a stop in front of the small shack that sent wave after wave of nostalgia over me. Light peeked through the gaps in the covered up windows.
To say I was giddy is an understatement.
I couldn’t stay still. I hadnt seen my precious human family in so long. Thanks to Chanyeol, I don’t think they hate me. 

Love doesn’t fade that easily.

“Chanyeol?”

He stood in the same place, staring at the shack I called home. He didn’t respond or tear his eyes away from the house. He visibly gulped.

He’s nervous.
“Don’t worry I won’t let my brothers hurt you. It’s the least I can do for the giant that saved me. And I doubt they’ll recognize you. Only Jungkook saw you and he only saw you for a few minutes."

Honestly, I never worried about Kookie recognizing him. At the time, Jungkook was probably preoccupied and didn’t have time to really look at Chanyeol, plus Chanyeol was wearing contacts and is covering his hair, which makes him even more unrecognizable.

Chanyeol snapped out of his trance. I couldn't promise my brothers won’t hate him. I was pretty sure they will hate him; they hated new people.

“I will convince them you are a good person. I will convince them that you’re different from the other royals.”

He stared down at me with conflicted eyes.

“Trust me, I won’t let them hurt you.”

He nodded slowly, still looking nervous. I gave his hand a squeeze, letting go immediately. I don’t hold his hand. I am not that ballsy.

“Lets go!”

I skipped back in front of the house with Chanyeol in tow this time. Slowly, with wobbly legs, I made my way to the rotting piece of wood, the door; muffled noises can be heard from the little two-floored shack.

What will they think when they see me?

Will they hate me?

Will they hate the clothes I wear?

Will they hate my hair?

No, love doesn’t fade that easily.

They will still love me.

KNOCK. KNOCK. KNOCK. KNOCK…KNOCK…KNOCK.

I knocked, six times like I usually did, pausing after the fourth time. The noise stopped. All four people inside knew what this sequence of knocks means. It meant it’s one of us. The five of us, Auntie, Bobby, V, Kookie, and I made up a knock so if anything happens they know it’s one of us. I didnt know why... but we barely used it. I’ve only heard this knock once a year and it was always Auntie. Auntie always used it when royal guards came into town to inspect.

The rotting door, white paint peeled off it, swung open. A tired, cautious, Bobby stood there, his lips busted and a bruise lining his jaw. Bags circled his eyes; he hadn’t slept in days. Bobby’s jaw dropped to the floor and his tired eyes bulged; so much I feared they will pop out.

“Areum?” Auntie appeared behind Bobby. She too looked tired. Worry pulls at her scarred face.

 

“AREUM!” 

Bobby snapped out of his daze and hugged me tightly. Bobby lifted me off the ground and spun me around. A bright grin plastered itself on my face. Bobby hugged me as if I would disappear in seconds.

“I missed you so much.” I squealed tightening my grip on Bobby.
“You have no idea how much I missed you, Areum” 

Footsteps thundered down the stairs.

“AREUM!!” V’s and Kookie’s voices chimed in unison from behind me. Bobby put me down on the ground. Giving me one last squeeze before letting go. I turned around and V and Kookie hugged me instantly. 

“Areum you’re back! I missed you SOOOOO much!”

Jungkook shouted in my ear. I cringed away, fearing the loss of my hearing.

“I missed you, my little sister!

V shouted in my ear too. Man, I forgot how loud they were. 

“GROUP HUG!” Bobby cheered and I felt another pair of arms hug me tighter.
“YAH! Give Areum some space!” Auntie scolded, I couldn’t see her but I knew it was her. Only Auntie could get these three boys to listen. Bobby, V, and Jungkook let me go, albeit reluctantly, revealing Auntie. She glared at me, instantly I tensed.

Does she hate me?

“This is your first time seeing me after a month and a half and I don’t even get a hi?”

She doesn’t hate me.

My tensed muscles relaxed.

'It’s been that long?" I thought I had been with the royals for a few weeks, not a month and a half.

“Come here!” Auntie opens her scar-covered arms and I gladly walk into them. 
Wrapping my own arms around her.

“I missed you Auntie”
“I missed having another girl around” Both Auntie and I chuckle. 
“It must’ve been hard not having me around, right?”
“Oh don’t get me started! Without you these three little rascals caused such a ruckus! Going and getting themselves beaten with those BTS boys!”

Beaten? BTS?

Oh they are so dead.


I whip around with a scowl on my face. 

“You hung out with whom?”

Both V and Jungkook gulped.

“B…ts” Jungkook’s voice got smaller and he hid behind V.
“Not me!” Bobby moves to the side to avoid me.
“Are you trying to make Auntie’s life harder?”
They shook their heads in shame.
“Do you know what happened to other kids like that!? They got taken and when they came back they were slaves. Do you want that to happen to you?” I swore steam is coming from my ears.

They knew who BTS is, a bunch of gangsters, they smoke, fight, and worse things. I heard two of them killed before. 
'These two idiots! I leave for a few weeks and they hang out with gangsters. Are they trying to get themselves killed? '

“No…”

They even knew it’s bad to hang out with BTS. The three boys didn’t even look at me. Their eyes are glued to Chanyeol, swimming with suspicion.

“You’re that fighter guy… Last Blood?
I had forgotten to introduce Chanyeol.
With wide eyes my head snapped to Chanyeol who stood quietly in the corner. His eyes were rounder than mine. I blinked, slowly, suppressing a smile.

“Your name is Last blood?”

The thin line turned into a giggle. 
“You weren’t supposed to know…”
Chanyeol sighed and rubs the back of his neck. 

“Last blood, seriously?”
I asked him incredulously. 

“I didn’t choose it.”

“Hold up. How do you know him?”
V pointed a finger at Chanyeol.

“How do you know he’s a fighter?”
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter