A Wall Of Water

The Five Dynasties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I didn’t try and sleep again. Worked out and practiced martial arts, using pillows and belts to make a makeshift punching bag hanging from the ceiling of my walk in closet. It worked for the most part. I don’t know what a punching bag feels like so I don’t have anything to. To survive in the world of royals I need to be strong and since I can’t use my powers I need to be physically strong.

KNOCK. KNOCK.

“Come in” I shout, walking out my closet. Eomma walks in smiling tenderly, Lay and her share the same smile.

“How are you doing?” I smile, I know it sounds bad but it’s nice to have someone worry about me. Don’t get me wrong, my human family worried about me but they had all these other things to worry about. They have no time to worry about me, worrying about me or anyone else is a burden to them. To Eomma, Lay, and the twins, I don’t know about Appa I never see him, I am not a burden. I know it’s selfish to want people to worry about me but I can’t help it.

“I’m fine, really.” I squeeze eomma’s hand, something I don’t do often, and give her a peck on the cheek, another thing I barely do.

“Get dressed I might make breakfast this morning.” I nod and she steps away.

“And take it easy today sweetheart.” I nod again a smile tugging at my lips. I enter my walk-in closet again, walking to my bathroom and take a quick shower. I don’t take long showers like Jaeyoung. I’m so used to barely having any water that it’s a habit to use as little water as I can. Hoping out the shower I dry my hair as fast as I can and search my giant closet for clothes. Idris Academy doesn’t have a uniform policy like my old school does. So I have to search my closet everyday. I end up wearing a dark red skirt and a plain loose black shirt that falls off one shoulder and pull on black over the knee socks. I check my outfit in the mirror. My collarbone pops out. My thick curly hair, it’s not super curly it is a mix of wavy and curly, falls neatly down my back. I look okay, so does my face. I look okay looking. I don’t how Bobby thought I looked anything like Lay. I don’t. Note to self; never trust Bobby when he describes someone. I grab a pair of black ankle boots and my small faux leather backpack as I walk out my room.

“Ohhh you look so pretty!” Jaeyoung claps hoping up to me, dressed in leather pants and a white crop top that shows of her abs. Her long dark

“Wait here” Jaeyoung sprints away to her room. A couple seconds later, she runs back out holding something in her hand. She holds out a black ribbon.

“Put this on!” Jaeyoung grins.

“Okay?” I hold up my hair so she can wrap the fabric around my neck.

“There you look even prettier!” She cheers and skips down the stairs with me in tow.

 Lay and the twins take the car while I choose to walk. It’s a beautiful day, the sun shines and the sky is clear and I need some fresh air. Fresh air calms me down and makes me feel better and I really need some fresh air after the nightmare I had. The upper part is definitely prettier than the lower part. Colorful plants line the sidewalks and little fountains sprout water onto the plants. All the houses are big, some not as big as my house but still way bigger then the shack I used to live in. I, now, live in the sea neighborhood. Just like at school the houses are split into five communities. My house is on the edge of the sea neighborhood. I could see some kids from scorch hop into a flash car.

“Oh Areum!”

I swish my head to the side, then the other. I couldn’t see who called my name but I knew who it is, I could recognize that low voice anywhere. Yes, I only spoke to him a few times. It’s just, his voice is so… him. It’s very distinct and different from everyone else, like his looks. Man his looks *Sigh * I could stare at him all day. AH! Areum what are you thinking!!! I mean I could look at the view around me all day. Look at that rose, I think it’s a rose, Its so pretty!

Almost as pretty as you~

I freeze as Zian’s voice rings through my head. Who is he? What does he look like?

“Why aren’t you walking to school?” Chanyeol snaps me out of my thoughts.

“Ah…um…I was admiring the view!” I rub the back of my neck and smile sheepishly. A smile cracks across Chanyeol’s face making the butterflies in my stomach soar.

“It’s way nicer than the human side isn’t it?” his smiles knowingly as if he knew what it’s like to live in the human side.

“It’s called the lower part for a reason, dumbie” I chide walking step in step with him.

“That makes sense. Anyway, what’s it like living here? It must be really different and hard.”

He shoves his hands into his pockets.

No one’s ever asked me that before, everyone always assumes I am happy tofinally meet my family. I am happy but I miss my old family. I miss V and Kookie’s constants arguing and rough housing. I miss free running with Bobby and stealing from the high-end stores. I miss Auntie’s scolding us when we get in trouble and her knowing smiles. I miss Adela and her many facial expressions that she made unconsciously.

“I miss my human family and my friend.” I confess.

“Have you asked your parents if you can visit them?” He asks lightly as we walk down the clean streets.

“Yeah, they said no, I ‘m to dangerous to go back to the lower part.” I sigh, remembering my failed attempt to convince them I can go back.

“You can’t even use your powers.” My eyes widen. How did he know? I only went to the doctors yesterday. They said my powers are locked away, I must’ve done it as a child, and it’ll take some time to undo what’s been done.

“I saw you fighting, if you were able to access your powers you wouldn’t have lost to Tao” He adds.

“How do you know?” I really want to know how he can tell all this from a fight.

“I’m a genius, that’s how” A cheeky smirk replaces his s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter