Strange

Slowly

“Hi! Welcome to Biff’s Burgers, will you be eating in or carrying out?” The cashier for the burger joint we were at asked us in a way too happy voice. It was a little pass midnight but she seemed completely energized.

 

“We’ll have two medium burger meals with a coke and a sweet tea please,” Taehyung ordered for me as well.

 

He waited for the food as I went to look for a booth to sit in.

 

“Here,” Taehyung set our food on the table and took a seat in the seat in front of me.

 

“Thanks,” I said.

 

“Hale, have you ever had a boyfriend?” After small talk about useless things, he sprouted this question on me.

 

Never in our four years of knowing each other has he asked me anything about boys.

 

Sure, he’s told me about girls before but it never turned into something we discussed both ways.

 

“Why?” I didn’t know how to answer him. I’d never liked anyone before him. How embarrassing would that have been to tell him right now?

 

“I’m just curious. You never really talk about anyone and I’ve never asked about it so… If you’ve never had one, then is there someone you like right now?” He looked like he was starting to bounce in his seat.

 

I kicked his shin, “Calm down.”

 

And that was the end of that. I could feel my face flushing but thanks to the dominate part of my genes, the flushing didn’t show up on my face.

 

I changed the subject to try to slow my heartbeat down but man, this guy needs to calm down.

 

“So… Should we set up some rules since we’re living together?” I slyly changed the topic to something important.

 

“I guess we could? Anything you’re picky about that I should know?” He asked me while biting into his burger.

 

“You shower first in the morning,” I took a sip of my sweet tea.

 

“Oh yeah, you need as much sleep as you can get, huh? That’s fine but what about getting to school?” He smirked.

 

“Well, what’s your schedule?”

 

“I have to be at school by 9,” he said.

 

“In the morning?!”

 

“Yeah?” He looked at me confused.

 

“I have classes that start at 3. And I have no car so…?”

 

“I get out at 12, I’ll come back and get you.”

 

“That’s such a long drive.”

 

“Then I have a request,” he smiled at me.

 

“And that is?”

 

“You’re in charge of cooking for me.”

 

“Deal.”

 

A larger grin popped on his face, “Anything else we need to discuss?”

 

“Dishes, who does them?”

 

“We share.”

 

“Laundry, who does?”

 

“We do our own.”

 

“People, can people come over?”

 

“Of course! It’s our place to use as we please,” Taehyung seemed happy about that, but what about me? It’s not like I would be bringing anyone home anyways… That means he’s planning on bringing people over and that means I’ll be stuck in my room.

 

“Fine. But no one can stay the night,” I tried to make it better for myself, “Is that okay?”

 

“Sure,” he seemed to smile, “That’s fine with me.”

 

 

~

 

My alarm rang, bright and early at 7:30. I snoozed it.

 

“Hale, cook me breakfast,” his voice rang out right next to me.

 

I opened my eyes to his face way too close to mine, making my heart do that thing again.

 

“Why are you in my room?” I tried to shove him off my bed.

 

“What do you mean?! I’ve been laying here with you all night,” Taehyung looked baffled.

 

“You’re lying! Get out!”

 

“Seriously, you said I could sleep with you since I was cold,” he laughed at my efforts of trying to get him out.

 

“Gosh, I don’t even remember that,” I scoffed at his ridiculous story.

 

“I’m not joking. You even told me you’d keep me warm, and that you did,” he laughed at me again.

 

I can’t deal with this creature. Why did I agree to live here?

 

I need to lock my door every night now. Feeling embarrassed I tried to shrug it off and go to cook his breakfast. Pulling one of our new pans out of the cupboards, I asked, “What would you like to eat?”

 

He sat at one of the stools at the island counter in the kitchen and smiled brightly, “French toast please.”

 

He talked to me about his classes the whole time I made his food. He’s majoring in the medical field to become an optometrist. He got accepted into the elite program since his grades were to perfect. He’s minoring in music and he even already has a place saved for him on his university’s football team.

 

“Okay, my job is done,” I said as I washed the last of the dishes.

 

“Okay, I’ll see you when I get home,” his words made me blush.

 

“Okay.”

 

I scurried to my room and lay back down. I couldn’t even count how many times my heart rate has risen since I’ve been with him.

 

I knew he thought of me as a close friend, but never in our 4 years have I thought that I was important enough for him to want to life with me. Sure, we hung out from time to time, but I always thought that he’d have more fun with his friends.

 

I thought about the handsome devil a little longer before falling back asleep.

 

 

I woke up to the same thing; his face. How will I get use to this? SEeing his so often felt a little too strange.

 

“It’s time to get up.” Rather then the dimly lit sky I saw early in the morning, I woke up to a bright blue sky stretched across my window, “Shower and come out and eat,” Taehyung ripped my covers off.

 

I did as he told and came to the kitchen.

 

He set down a plate with a sandwich on it. I looked up at him.

 

We both laughed.

 

We know that cooking is something he really couldn’t do.

 

“Thanks for the effort,” I took a bite of my sandwich, “So, how was the first day?”

 

“Great! I actually made some friends,” he said. Of course he did, he’s Kim Taehyung.

 

“That’s a no brainer.”

 

“I think I’m auditioning to be in a band.” He threw at me.

 

“That’s not surprising either,” I scoffed, “Tell me something that would surprise me, please.”

 

“I met a girl, she seems really nice,” he looked directly at my face with inspecting eyes.

 

Not wanting him to see me flinch, I held it in and said, “Well, of course girls are nice to you.”

 

He didn’t say anything else, he just reached over with a napkin to wipe my mouth off.

 

“Everyone is nice to me but you,” he laughed, “Why can’t you just love me too?”

 

“You’re disgusting,” I made a face.

 

“Love me,” he whined, grabbing one of my hands in his.

 

My face warmed but I could only laugh and shrug him off.