He's Mine

Tangled String
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey guys, so I made changes to the way I formatted my stories again... Sorry if it's confusing but I hope this layout makes it easier to read and follow. I finally wrote more~ I'll try to keep formatting like this from now on, and maybe edit my other chapters to match this (now that will take a while...)

 

Jinhyun just wanted to get off of campus already; he didn’t need a dreadful, boring English lecture to go with the newfound stress. He’d just bother Jisoo for help later on. That is, if he could somehow meet with him while avoiding Wonwoo. While he made his way off of campus, Jinhyun remembered Channie and realized his brother wouldn’t get off of school until later. . Well, technically he did skip lunch since he never ate any of it before Wonwoo showed up, so Jinhyun was off to get some food somewhere else.

He was craving American food so Jinhyun decided on eating at a diner in the area, so then he could just go and walk to Channie’s school later. He entered the diner, a cool burst of air greeting him. He asked for a booth seat and took a lasting look at the menu. Hmm, what did he want to eat? Jinhyun was so focused on the menu he didn’t notice his server was approaching.

“Hi welcome, my name is Seungcheol… Wah, Jinhyun, is that you?” Jinhyun’s head shot up and he met eyes with his dance classmate, who was apparently his server for the day. The corners of Jinhyun’s mouth couldn’t help but raise at the sight of Seungcheol in a white buttoned uniform, black slacks and a waist apron. He was so used to seeing him in comfortable dance wear.

“Oh, hi Seungcheol hyung. You’re finished with classes already?” Jinhyun asked, incredulous. He didn’t expect the leader of his dance class team to be his server.

“Yup, it’s a part-time job and it fits in my schedule. Can I get you anything to drink?”

Jinhyun requested just some water with a lemon wedge. Seungcheol nodded and went to go get it. Jinhyun still had to decide what he wanted to eat, but it was difficult for him to choose something… Seungcheol returned with a tall red cup with a lemon wedge tucked on the rim and a straw.

“So what will you be having?” Seungcheol asked casually as he set the drink down on the smooth tabletop. Jinhyun pursed his lips, still surveying the menu.

“I’m actually unsure of what to get… What do you recommend?” The boy replied, humor lacing his voice. Seungcheol gave this some thought but replied that the burgers were his favorites.

“Wow, I was actually thinking of getting a burger,” Jinhyun admitted, amazed at Seungcheol’s apparent telepathy. The latter winked at him.

“You should, then. I promise you’ll like it,” Seungcheol vowed. Jinhyun still browsed the menu and realized that he should try an appetizer first. He thought the calamari sounded really good right about now, so he  said he’d get that first before ordering a burger. Seungcheol told him he was going to go put in the order, but he’d be right back.

“It’s okay, I don’t want to distract you from your job,” Jinhyun chuckled. Seungcheol laughed and shook his head.

“Are you kidding me? It’s pretty slow right now. And conversing with customers is a part of my job,” He answered, grinning. He strode away to go put in the order, and Jinhyun squeezed the lemon juice into his water, taking a sip after. He felt his phone buzz and checked it; he had several Kakao messages actually. One was from Mingyu and one was from Jisoo, however he decided to open Mingyu’s.

Hey, where are you right now? Why are you skipping class? Jinhyun saw the text and pursed his lips again. He temporarily forgot about the debacle with Wonwoo, and how that would complicate things later. But he just needed to empty his mind for a bit. Jinhyun proceeded to message Mingyu; he could explain things to Jisoo later.

I’m eating off-campus. How’d you know?

Well I went with your friends to your next class, but you weren’t there. What happened, babe? 

A lot of , that’s what…

Where are you? I’ll come to you. Jinhyun felt his heart rate speed up a bit at those words.

Don’t think about ditching your class! Jinhyun wrote; it would be plain rude for Mingyu to just leave the classroom.

Let’s just say I didn’t want to go class either. Hurry, tell me where you are. I won’t let you eat by yourself. (Technically, I’m not alone… Oh whatever.) Jinhyun was stuck in thought when Seungcheol reappeared.

“Your calamari should be almost out,” He updated. Jinhyun smiled, looking up from his phone and bowing his head a bit.

“Thanks, I’m starving,” He half-complained with a smile.

“So what brings you here? You’re done with classes already?” Seungcheol asked.

“Well, I kinda skipped my last class. I wasn’t feeling it.” While uttering those words, Jinhyun quickly gave in to Mingyu’s persistence and told him where he was eating.

“What’s got you down? Relationship problems?” Seungcheol’s words caught Jinhyun severely off guard; he wasn’t expecting him to guess it right off the bat.  Upon seeing Jinhyun’s nonplussed expression, Seungcheol offered a soft smile.

“Sorry if I’m intruding, I just thought someone cute like you would be having some lover troubles. And I mean that in a non-offensive way.” Somehow, Seungcheol’s words sounded a bit… flirtatious? And Jinhyun’s face was heating up because Seungcheol had called him cute.

“Well, it’s not exactly relationship problems… It’s rather complicated. But let’s just say one of my close friends doesn’t really support my relationship…” Jinhyun unraveled, though he left out the part about Wonwoo being his friend with benefits. Oh and the fact that he was dating a dude. Seungcheol furrowed his eyebrows and he seemed concerne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter