Making Up... or Out

Tangled String
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The library wasn’t too far from the cafeteria, but it did require a lot of stair-climbing. I hustled as quickly as I could. I reached the library and was greeted by the cool air-condition. Thank goodness, I worked up a sweat. I looked around immediately, hoping to spot Wonwoo. I went to the front desk and asked if someone named Jeon Wonwoo returned a book. The librarian nodded and even told me he went to the literature aisle to find another book. Gratefully, I nodded at his information and scurried to the right section.

            There he is.

            I reached the aisle and saw Wonwoo browsing the books busily. I felt so terrible for blurting those things earlier. I walked up to him and he turned when I reached him, his face clearly startled at my presence. Before he could speak, I started talking.

“Wonwoo, I’m sorry for what I said earlier… I really didn’t mean to hurt your feelings; I guess I should’ve said it in a less y way. You know that I care for you, so I’m sorry again for my stupid outburst.”

            Wonwoo stared at me for a good three seconds before his lips curled into a smile. I was flustered by it because at that moment, Wonwoo looked extremely handsome. His lips looked so kissable and tempting…

 “…I’ll forgive you if you can do me a favor,” Wonwoo began after I had snapped out of it. I blinked at him twice in confusion.

 “Could you help me find a book?”

~

            After browsing the aisle, I stumbled upon the book and Wonwoo checked it out. Then, we walked to our next class. This was the class that me, Wonwoo, and Jisoo shared. One look at the clock told me that we were late already, but I didn’t care. I made up with Wonwoo so everything worked out.

 “Do you think our professor will be angry that we’re late?” I asked Wonwoo as we ambled to class. He shook his head.

 “Don’t worry, we’ll be fine.” We reached the hallway where our class was located. The halls were deserted, because unlike us, most of the students in our school treasured attendance and wouldn’t even dream of being tardy to class. I sighed because English was pretty boring, it was pretty challenging, even if we did have our native English speaker Jisoo with us. We were heading down the hall when suddenly, Wonwoo clutched my hand. I turned my head curiously until he swung me forcibly onto the lockers, earning a loud clatter from the metal doors.

 “Ow! What gives, Wonwoo, you bas—”

            My words were soon muffled by Wonwoo’s very warm lips. I was stunned that Wonwoo would kiss me in public like this, even if the hallways were empty now. All it takes is a coincidence—a student, teacher or some other staff member turning down the hall or leaving a classroom—to catch us right now. I instinctively put my hands up against his chest, but Wonwoo’s lips refused to budge from mine.

            He didn’t relent as he deepened the kiss. Succumbing to him, I kissed him back and my hands s down behind Wonwoo’s waist. I brought him closer, reducing the space between us and he tilted his head favorably. I lost all sense of time and instead reveled in the moment. Wonwoo’s taste was addicting, I had to admit.

            Abruptly, he broke the kiss and I loosened my hold around his hips, as he backed up grinning foolishly at me. He started chuckling softly and I couldn’t have been more embarrassed.

 “You’re blushing right now, Jinnie.”

 “Sh-Shut up. Why did you do that?”

 “I wasn’t that angry at you. But it still ticked me off. That’s why, since we had alone time… I had to pay you back somehow.” I snorted.

 “So you kiss me?” Wonwoo laughed again.

 “Don’t act like this is a new thing between us,” He murmured. Damn him. It was true. Wonwoo and I have… an ambiguous relationship. We’re friends, but… in fact, the two of us had been fooling around for some time. And that included random make out sessions.

            I wanted to start walking to our classroom but Wonwoo clasped my hand, stopping me again.

 “I might need help with my homework; do you think I could come over sometime?” Wonwoo asked, smugness coloring his tone. I sighed. One of our code phrases in our ambiguous relationship was when he asked me to help him with his homework. This usually translated into one of us going to the other’s house and sooner or later, launching into a make out session and stuff. Of course, I couldn’t say that I didn’t like it… Kissing Wonwoo was hot and he was good at it so naturally I’d oblige.

 “Fine, but it can’t be today. My job interview’s today.” I told him, as we finally began walking again. He nodded understandingly but still retained that smug look.

 “Since I was so rude earlier, I forgot to ask: where are you applying?” I implored Wonwoo.  He shrugged.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter