Meeting Dongsaeng

Tangled String
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey look, a double-update! I'm so happy I could accomplish this. Just wanted to get the story rolling a bit more as well. This time it's happier than the last chapter.

 

Jinhyun happily munched on his calamari, reveling in the taste of the wasabi aioli sauce that came with it. The pairing was a match made in heaven. Seungcheol had waltzed back to the booth, chatting with the boy some more. The topic had finally veered to their dance class. For the class they had to keep the same groups for each presentation. Their performances before had all gone well but Seungcheol suggested they all practice outside of class.

“Yup, I think I need extra practice because we have to do a performance with popping this time around. I tried to ask my little brother but I need to practice with you guys too,” Jinhyun admitted. Seungcheol chuckled. Jinhyun told the older boy about how his dongsaeng Chan was like a dance prodigy. He was always interested in dancing and was a natural at it; even surpassing his hyung.

“Then we need to work extra hard,” Seungcheol said while grinning. Jinhyun agreed wholeheartedly. Suddenly, a figure from behind the server surprised Jinhyun. It was Mingyu, huffing and puffing a little yet smiling.

“Mingyu,” Jinhyun started, as the taller boy slunk into the seat opposite of him. Seungcheol was caught off guard at the sudden appearance of this stranger and he cocked his heard towards Jinhyun.

“Oh, he’s with you?” He asked. Mingyu nodded.

“Yeah, I’m his—”

“He’s my classmate!” Jinhyun blurted, earning curious looks from both males. Mingyu, however, looked more disconcerted. Seungcheol cleared his throat and asked Mingyu if he wanted something to drink. He told him that water would be fine.

“Could you bring back a menu too? So he can maybe order something too,” Jinhyun requested. Seungcheol said sure and was on his way. Mingyu gazed at his boyfriend with concern.

“What… was that about?” He started. Jinhyun sighed and took another piece of calamari, offering to Mingyu who obliged.

“Sorry, it’s just… Seungcheol’s my classmate from dance class, but we don’t know each other that well. So I don’t wanna just disclose everything to him right away.” He answered. Mingyu wasn’t sure of how he felt about that. Seungcheol came back eventually, and Mingyu opted for a burger too. Jinhyun was ready for his so their server went to put the order in for it. When he was gone, Mingyu decided to ask his boyfriend how he was at the moment.

“I’m okay… I feel better. Well, I guess I’m not that upset anyway.” He then explained how it was up to Wonwoo if he wanted to support them or not. That was the main thing. Mingyu’s thoughts flickered back to that encounter they had earlier but he didn’t want to disclose that to him.

“I guess you need space?” Mingyu guessed, and his boyfriend nodded, thinking that was the best course of action. He’ll contact Jisoo later and tell him about what he planned to do. Mingyu surprised Jinhyun by sliding his hand across the table and squeezing his; this was his way of reassuring and comforting him. The two exchanged meaningful glances before Jinhyun squeezed the other’s hand in return as thanks and gently pulled away.

The food came just in time, and Seungcheol actually left the two of them alone, as if sensing Jinhyun and Mingyu were satisfied with each other’s company. Jinhyun was thankful Mingyu came for him. But Mingyu had to ask about earlier, when he didn’t want to introduce Mingyu as his boyfriend. The frown on Jinhyun’s face reappeared.

“I told you, I don’t really know him. Don’t take it offensively, babe. Of course you’re my boyfriend.” Mingyu was pouting at the moment, which made Jinhyun giggle. He had an idea.

“Hmm, but do you wanna tag along while I pick up my brother Channie today?” He offered, to which Mingyu widened his eyes.

“Really? I get to meet your brother today?” Mingyu asked cutely. Jinhyun laughed again and nodded, saying that Channie was also eager to meet him. That cheered the tall boy up. They took chomps from their burger and tried each other’s. And Seungcheol didn’t come back to bother them much except to ask how things were and if they need more water.

The two finished their meals and, as promised on their first date, Jinhyun paid the bill this time. Before they left, Seungcheol asked if Jinhyun will practice for the performance outside of class. He told him that he’d like that, and he would talk it over with Minghao too. Satisfied, the two left, this time to pick up Channie.

“Dance practice huh? Well that’s all he’s going to do with you,” Mingyu remarked. Jinhyun chuckled; did he sense jealousy?

“Looks like I’m not the only one who’s protective,” Jinhyun beamed.

“The way he looks at you, I dunno. I feel like he’s hitting on you,” Mingyu said as they walked to Channie’s school.

“Trust me, I only have eyes for you,” Jinhyun replied, giggling at the corniness. But he loved that sappy stuff. Mingyu cracked a grin too, enjoying it.

I hope you do. Mingyu couldn’t help think back to that encounter with Wonwoo. What if he tried to go for his boyfriend? Without hesitation, the taller boy grabbed his lover’s hand, making the latter gasp slightly. Mingyu grinned and kept walking naturally.

The old me would’ve been afraid o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter