Turn

Tangled String
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: You guys might be annoyed of my frequent author's notes but this time the plot will really get moving! Things will definitely happen now. Be sure to leave feedback if you find my story interesting, please? :)

 

“Hi MTV, I’m Kim Mingyu, and welcome to my crib.”

 

“You’re so stupid,” Jinhyun replied, his words warbled with his laughter. Mingyu opened the door to his room and stepped inside, with his boyfriend following suit.

 

Mingyu’s room was pretty tidy and well-kept. The boy already showed his guest his parents’ room and the bathroom. Jinhyun looked around the room in interest. Somehow he felt comfortable despite being a room he’s never stepped foot in before. The tall boy plopped down on his bed that was strangely big enough to fit more than one person. The bright aquamarine bedsheet rippled momentarily as if it were the ocean on a bright summer day. Mingyu made a soft noise of relief as he started lounging.

“So you brought me to your room just so you can just relax?” Jinhyun raised his eyebrows at the boy, who shifted to his side, propping his head on his hand as he gazed at him.

“Well, you’re welcome to join me,” Mingyu grinned teasingly. To say that Jinhyun wasn’t tempted would be a lie. Mingyu incessantly tapped the bed, showing that he had extra room left.

“But your parents are downstairs…” Of course the older boy was worried and hesitant. Jinhyun set his bag down near the foot of the bed and just sat on the edge, his posture rigid. He really was afraid of Mingyu’s mother walking in on them. That would just be awkward.

“My parents don’t care,” Mingyu assured, as he lurched forward to grab Jinhyun from behind. With a small yelp, Jinhyun fell backward onto Mingyu, whose back greeted the soft mattress. The boys broke out in laughter as Jinhyun comically tried to struggle out of Mingyu’s stubborn grip, ending up as a tangle of limbs on the younger boy’s bed.

“I care. I don’t want to do anything when your parents are here,” Jinhyun insisted. Mingyu puffed out his cheeks when Jinhyun sat up and faced him.

“Then that means we’ll get to do ‘stuff’ when I have the house to myself?” Mingyu wiggled his eyebrows, and Jinhyun snorted while looking away. He didn’t want to admit it, but he would actually do that. Mingyu is such a temptation not to touch or smother with my lips, Jinhyun thought madly.

“Why are you such a ert, Kim Mingyu?” Jinhyun questioned, grinning.

“You’re a ert too!” Mingyu smirked. Jinhyun really couldn’t deny that. Mingyu grabbed Jinhyun’s hand and pulled him back down, earning another protesting groan from the boy. Mingyu brought his face closer and Jinhyun felt like passing out. He wished he could just take him now, but it was too awkward of a situation. This was his first time in Mingyu’s home after all.

“We’ll unleash our inner erts later then,” Mingyu chuckled breathily. Jinhyun pecked his lips and withdrew.

“What do we do now then? Until your mom prepares food,” Jinhyun posed. Mingyu got up from his bed and went to the TV. Only now did Jinhyun notice the gaming console.

“What about video games? I got Resident Evil,” Mingyu gave an amused smile when he fished out the case displaying an armed man with zombies menacingly stalking him.

“You know me so well,” Jinhyun gushed with a snicker. Mingyu even turned off the room light so they could play it in a more suspenseful atmosphere.

The two spent the rest of the time working as partners to raid buildings and shoot, kill, lacerate, and blast the living dead. Mingyu was more vocal about the jump scares and surprise appearances of the creatures, which made Jinhyun laugh hysterically and almost lose focus.

“Finally I get to play this game with someone. I’m afraid to play it on my own, that’s why I never really progressed,” Mingyu confessed.

“Well, I get scared too, but I like getting scared,” Jinhyun replied. The two shouted out loud at times because there was some terrifying scenes. The two were exploring an abandoned ship at sea. There were water droplets occasionally dripping from the ceiling, but that was pretty much the only sound in the area. The two characters traversed through the dank, dark halls, electricity fizzling, providing only eerie, selective lighting. The characters held their guns up attentively when all of a sudden…

 

“Dinner’s ready!” Mrs. Kim hollered from the door, appearing like a specter out of thin air. The boys screamed in shock, dropping the controllers. The older woman cackled, switching on the lights. Mingyu held a hand over his heart.

 

“Eomma! Don’t pop up like that!” Mingyu wailed. Jinhyun started laughing, the fright bringing about humor in him. His mother continued to cackle but told the boys to wash up. Mingyu saved their progress and got ready for dinner.

The boys returned downstairs and joined Mingyu’s parents at the table. Nervousness suddenly welled up inside of Jinhyun, who rigidly took a seat next to his boyfriend, both parents facing them on the opposite end of the table. Mrs. Kim prepared a hearty meal, so Jinhyun would enjoy it.

“Thank you so much for preparing this,” Jinhyun bowed his head. Mrs. Kim laughed and said it was nothing. Jinhyun scoffed in his mind because there were too many side dishes to be considered “nothing”. The boy caught sight of spicy fried octopus and his mouth watered. He meekly but graciously took some of that and tasted it.

“This is so delicious,” He breathed, the flavors succulent in his mouth. The proud mother beamed as Mingyu’s father heartily chuckled at the boy’s appetite. Mingyu enjoyed his meal, watching over his lover. Finally, Mrs. Kim cleared , and Jinhyun gave her his attention.

“So Jinhyun… It might be obvious but we know about you and Mingyu.” The boy felt more nervous just by hearing that.

 

“Oh, I see…” Jinhyun wished he could’ve slapped himself because of his foolish response. But, he was relieved to hear laughter escape Mrs. Kim’s mouth again.

 

“I guess it also goes without saying that I like you, Jinhyun. I can tell from your work ethic that you’re a good kid.” Now the boy was blushing at the compliment. Mrs. Kim was really a kind soul. He bowed his head gratefully, words escaping him.

 

“I agree. Though we would have to get to know you better, I’m willing to do so.” His father added. Jinhyun thanked Mingyu’s parents multiple times, and Mingyu chuckles at the scene.

 

“Why don’t you tell us about your family, Jinhyun? What do your parents do?”

 

“My father works as a database administrator for a company called Greenpeace, under the Fundraising department. He’s actually the lead administrator so he spends a lot of time at work. He’s a very important member of the company,” The boy explained. Mingyu’s parents nodded in interest.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter