Something more

Lucifer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 8 – Something more

 

* * * *

 

Jinri groaned as the sharp noise of her phone ringing interrupted her dream. She reached out blindly and picking it up once she felt it. Jinri brought the phone to her ear after pushing talk, her eyes remaining closed as she scratched her head. She felt Morae climbing onto the bed next to her. She opened her eyes to glance at her adorable cat. She knew that he had no food when the feline just simply stared at her and let out a purr.

"Hello?" Jinri swallowed thickly. She sounded horrible but it was freaking morning for the Christ's sake.

"Yah Choi Jinri! You didn't call me last night like you said you would!"

Jinri had to pull the phone away from her ear slightly, frowning at the screeching of her best friend. Unlike her, Jieun was definitely a morning person.

"Calm down Lee Jieun. It was late and I was exhausted." Said Jinri.

"Whatever. So? How did it go?" Asked Jieun, obvious interest laced in her voice.

"Oh…it went…okay." Answered Jinri.

There was a brief pause before Jieun responded, "That sounds like something wrong. Come on, are you holding back on me?"

Jinri rolled her eyes. "Lee Jieun, you're so nosy."

"So, that hasn't stopped me before, has it?! You're quite nosey yourself little missy." Said Jieun.

Jinri couldn't help but smile. "Because you have an interesting life." She replied, rubbing Morae's ear and the cat closing his eyes to enjoy petting.

"Forget about me. You, my friend, went out with one of the hottest bachelors last night. You didn't get home until very late and you two were alone. That all sounds very interesting, so spill!" Threatened Jieun over the phone.

Jinri rolled her eyes once more, smiling slightly at the amount of curiosity her friend had. "Okay, okay." She felt like strangling something, anything as she recalled the night before, the feel of Minho's lips against her own resurfaced. "He kissed me." Jinri admitted slowly, feeling her heart clench slightly. It wasn't a bad kiss but she felt extremely guilty. She was a taken girl and she didn't push another man away fast enough. What kind of girlfriend was she?

"What! Whoa! Seriously?" Exclaimed Jieun from the other line.

"Seriously." Murmured Jinri, glancing up at her wall clock. She had an hour to get ready and go to work.

"Where?"

"Lee Jieun!"

"What? I want details."

"In an elevator…"

"Ohhh--"

"Yah Jieun focus. My boss kissed me."

"Alright. I'm pretty sure you're freaking out, right? Geez, what will Hyunwoo think? I don't think he's going to be too happy but if you ask me, I would choose Choi Minho over Lee Hyunwoo any day."

"That's because you don't like Hyunwoo that much. Besides, weren't you the one that said Minho was a little weird anyway?"

"I said something like that but still. So...what are you going to do? Did you slap him?" Asked Jieun.

Jinri sat up, getting off of the bed and making her way out of her room to the kitchen, Morae was hot on her heels. He sat and watched as Jinri pulled out the bag of his food.

"No, I just pushed him away and the car ride was really awkward afterwards. What I'm going to do? I have no idea Jieun. I don't want to quit because the job has amazing pay and I actually enjoy my job but what if he tries it again?" Said Jinri.

"Tell him you want to keep everything professional. Simple as that. Maybe then he'll back off and not try anything anymore." Said Jieun but then she came to a paused before continued, "Wow! I still can't believe he kissed you Jinri. It's a surprise since you're a far cry from the other women he had on his arm."

"Jieun…"

"I don't mean that in a bad way, my friend." Laughed Jieun. "You're a beautiful woman, Jinri. I'm just saying that he only dated actresses, singers and easy bimbos but you're his assistant."

Jinri filled Morae's silver bowl, leaning back and watching as he started to eat. "I know what you're saying."

"Listen, I'll let you go for now since you have to get ready for work." Said Jieun

"Okay, I'll talk to you later then."

"Yup. Oh by the way, you're on the front page of a few magazines."

And before Jinri could even respond, her best friend already hung up, leaving her glaring at the phone in disbelief.

 

- - - -

 

"Listen to this, Minho!"

Minho drifted up his eyes to the noisy demon, his fingers coming to a stop on the keys of his black keyboard. He watched as Jonghyun closed the door, a large smile on his face as he looked at his boss.

Jonghyun held up a magazine, watching as Minho's eyes locked onto the picture on the front page of Jinri and himself. Jonghyun turned the magazine around, looking down to read.

"Choi Minho's new woman? Okay let's see, details inside on page 23." Said Jonghyun while opening the magazine, flipping through the pages before coming to a stop. "Then on page 23, there's just more pictures of you two from the event last night and they're examining the body language and whatnot. Humans. They're so entertaining. They think they can tell if people are in a relationship or in love just by body language?"

"Are you done?" Asked Minho quietly, his attention returning to his laptop.

Jonghyun let a little smile drop from his face. "In a bad mood? Need sugar in your coffee when Jinri gets in?"

Minho glanced up at the demon. "I don't like sweet things."

Jonghyun began to grin. "Speaking of sweet things, Jinri is such a sweetheart. I didn't think she'd be the type to fall for though. I'm surprised." Said Jonghyun. He didn't have to ask if Minho had any feelings for the human. After a few hundred years of being by his side, it got to the point where Minho's rare facial expressions were readable.

Minho was silent after the demon finished his sentence, his fingers slowing down once again on his keyboard. He shifted in his chair, a frown coming onto his face. "There's just something about her. Believe me, I'm just as surprised as you. It started out as lust."

"See! I told you that you only think about and destruction."

Minho easily ignored him. Jonghyun was right though. It began with just attraction and lust but now he wanted something more.

Jonghyun rol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter