Demon

Lucifer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 10 – Demon

 

* * * *

 

Jinri glanced up as she sat on her couch when she heard a loud shriek coming from the front door. She shook her head as Jieun entered her apartment, closing the door quickly and locking it.

Jieun placed a hand over her chest as she looked at her best friend wide-eyed and then smiling sheepishly. "I think I just saw the biggest roach I have ever seen in my life."

"I'm pretty sure they're harmless." Said Jinri.

Jieun made her way over to the couch. "Ew! So? They're huge and gross, worse when they know how to fly. I tried to stomp on it but it was too fast. Roaches have mad running skills."

"Don't they?"

Jieun shuddered with a making face. "Alright, sop talking about them. It gives me…eww. Now let's talk about what happened yesterday. Where's Morae?"

"He's sleeping on my bed."

"So…Choi Minho really found him, huh? Well, it was nice of him to return him back. Morae becomes a part of the family. And well, I'm also attached to the little brat as well." Said Jieun.

Jinri nodded slightly. She couldn't get Minho out of her mind and it was annoying her to no end. She wanted to see him, jump in his arms and let him ravish her afterwards.

Jinri groaned at the thought inwardly and she glanced at her friend. "When I came back last night, Hyunwoo was already gone." Told Jinri, pointing to the bouquet of white lilies resting on her table.

Jieun followed her finger. "The card said sorry, right?"

Jinri let out a small smile, nodding. "Sorry and I'll never do it again. He probably left to avoid me yelling at him but I was pretty calmed down by the time I got home anyway. Once I found out Morae was fine, I wasn't really all that mad but I haven't called him yet to tell him that I accept his apology."

"What?!" Exclaimed Jieun. "You're accepting it a day later? Please! He kicked your cat out of your apartment. Be tough on him, Jinri."

"Jieun, lighten up. You're getting too excited." Said Jinri.

Jieun exhaled deeply. "Yeah, you're right. Sorry. You know I don't forgive easily but I guess you're right, Morae is alive and well, so no reason to dwell on his mistake." A big smile bounced onto her pretty face, inquisitiveness seeping into her eyes. "So…. what did Minho say when you stopped by his place to get Morae?" Jinri simply shrugged and Jieun glared. "Don't shrug! That means something happened! Tell me! I won't tell anyone."

Jinri looked at her friend. "Like I'm going to believe you. You tell Jinwoo almost everything I tell you."

"So what? He's your little brother and you end up telling him anyway." Countered back Jieun.

"I never get to tell him anything because when I go to tell him something, he simply replies 'Oh, Jieun noona already told me that'." Said Jinri and Jieun staring innocently at her. Jinri rolled her eyes, she sighed and turned the TV off. There was no way she was able to escape from Jieun's interrogation anyway. "Okay, we had a talk and stuff."

"And stuff?" Pressed Jieun, leaning in closer.

"Yeah, stuff." Grumbled Jinri.

"Come on! Get it to the point. Stuff as in ?"

Jinri's eyes widened. "God! Lee Jieun! No, not ! We just kissed, okay?"

Jieun's brows furrowed, her smile fading a little. "Damn, again? Jinri, you didn't even break it off with Hyunwoo yet. I know I don't really get along with him all that well but no one deserves to be cheated on."

"I didn't cheat--" Jinri stopped herself. She did. She would jump to conclusion that Hyunwoo had cheated if she saw him put his lips on another woman. Jinri leaned forward, placing her elbows on her knees as she rubbed her temples. "First off, he started it."

"Did you try to stop it?" Asked Jieun.

"Not after awhile." Answered Jinri truthfully. Looking at her friend, she decided to not keep anything from her. "And to tell you this honestly, I'm now thinking out my breakup speech before I end things with Hyunwoo."

"What? Break up? You aren't serious, are you?"

"I am Jieun. I mean between Hyunwoo and I, I can't seem to feel that kind of spark anymore. After his alcoholic incident, that feeling is starting to fade away for the specific reason. I can no longer dream of our future together." Said Jinri.

"I see." Said Jieun, nodding. "So you're now thinking about breakup speech?"

"Yes. Everyone has one. I can't just say 'we're done' and not explain to him as to why. I need to lay everything out for him and let him know that I strictly would like to be friends now. Speaking of breaking up with him, Minho brought that all up yesterday night."

Jieun raised her eyebrows. "He has the nerve?"

Jinri shrugged. "We made a deal. Basically, he gives me something that I want--"

"What do you want?" Interjected Jieun.

"I have no idea. He said he will give me something that I apparently want or whatever and once I leave Hyunwoo, I'm his in return." Said Jinri.

"Wow! He has the hots for you."

"Or he just wants to screw me and leave me in the cold after doing so."

Jieun laughed. "Whatever. He's been bugging you for a while. He's trying a little hard to just want to get in your pants and leave you afterwards. But maybe he could be serious about this. I mean, he's surrounded by women that just want from him or they want his money and they're hoping that they'll get it, so you're like a breath of fresh air to him. You're not after him for his money and you're not chasing after him to get in his pants." She paused, tilting her head. "I don't know him personally and I've never spoken to him but he is damn gorgeous, so I approve."

Jinri rolled her eyes. "Nice reason to approve someone."

Jieun grinned, getting up from the couch and heading into the kitchen, opening the fridge. "How do you feel about him anyway?"

"Uh…" Jinri tucked hair behind her ears, getting up and entered the kitchen as well. "I don't love him….it's more of a strong liking…mixed in with lust. He's handsome, he can be nice but he's also cocky and there's a lot I don't know about him. All I really know is that he knows a lot about other big businessmen, their secrets and everything.…" She then let out a small smile. "And well, he likes to watch a few cartoons on Sunday mornings." Jieun gave her an unbelievable glance and Jinri smiled. "My reaction exactly. He has a cute side, I suppose."

"That he never lets out." added Jieun.

"Maybe he wants to come off as the tough businessman but in reality, he has a soft side. And…I've seen it a few times. It's nice." Said Jinri.

"So, you will be with him after you break up with Hyunwoo?" Asked Jieun.

Jinri took a while before nodding. "I don't want it to go public but I'll take a chance with him."

"I see." Said Jieun and she paused. Leaning against the counter, she grinned mischievously. "Well, once you manage to get him into bed, tell me how it was."

Jinri gave an exasperated sigh, smiling slightly afterwards. "Lee Jieun!"

"So, does he have any hot friends?" Asked Jieun and when she saw Jinri opened , she could already guess what she wanted to say. She beat her to it. "Hey! That's what best friends are for. You find a nice piece of meat and I just ask if he has a brother or something."

"He has a right hand man with him all of the time. His name is Jonghyun. He's so funny and all. Sadly, I don't think he is your type." Said Jinri and when Jieun was about to protest, she cut her off. "Okay, I think you and him will get along since you two can be hyper but as a couple, I don't know."

 

- - - -

 

Minho sat quietly at his desk, his eyes focused on a painting on the wall in front of him, the painting of a fallen angel. He twirled his black pen in his hand between his fingers, papers scattered across his desk and long forgotten. The only thing that was occupying his thought was Jinri. He couldn't get her out of his mind. For the past two days, he couldn't get rid of her scent in his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter