Sentimental

Lucifer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 15 – Sentimental

 

* * * *

 

"You slept with him? OMG Lee Jieun! Do you even remember his name?"

Jieun pulled her feet onto the couch, her knees touching her chest as she gave Jinri a look of offense. "Yes. I do pay attention."

"I can't believe this." Mumbled Jinri as she was across from her friend, sitting in Jieun's place. She shook her head as her eyes lingered on the other girl but instead of thinking of the topic at hand, her thoughts drifted off to the man that she spent the night with.

Jinri didn't remember falling asleep, she only knew how she comfortably woke up in Minho's bed and dressed in one of his large button up shirts that fell mid-thigh on her figure. She woke up with her hair a wild mess, a small headache pounding against her skull and no one in the outsized bed with her. Jinri wandered carelessly around his place, disappointed when she found no sign of him. She simply left with his shirt and her skirt, heading over to the closest person around.

"Jieun, I didn't introduce you to Jonghyun so you could jump his bones. This is just…a big mistake." Grumbled Jinri, swirling her spoon around in her breakfast, her messy hair thrown into a high ponytail. Glancing up at Jieun, she knew that her best friend was just another number on Jonghyun's list of partners.

"Look, it just happened." Said Jieun.

Jinri only made a grunting noise, not bothering to respond.

"What? Do you like him?"

"What?!" Jinri barked a bit loudly. "Me, like Jonghyun? He's just a friend and I never thought of him as anything more. I just don't want you to think that you mean anything to him."

Jieun shrugged nonchalantly. "I'm not looking to be anything to him."

Jinri thought internally, Jieun was indeed a female version of Jonghyun.

"He was gone before we could talk about it all anyway. I'm pretty sure it was just a fun night for him too. He is very good looking though and he's--"

"If that sentence is heading in the direction of his performance in bed, just stop right there." Cut in Jinri, raising her hand in a stopping motion.

"Geez! As if you're innocent to this kind of thing. I believe Minho is way more fantastic of a performer--" Jieun shut when Jinri gave her a look of strong disapproval. She gave in and flashed her friend a teasing smile. "Okay I stop now but what happened to you at the club yesterday night? One minute, you're going to the bathroom and the next, no one can find you anywhere. But here you are, dressed in Minho's shirt coming to my place. Did he come pick you up or something?"

"I was just feeling tired and woozy from the drinking, then I decided to leave. I was...walking and here comes Minho in his car." Said Jinri and for the matter of fact, it was a lie but it wasn't like she was going to freak Jieun out by telling her the truth anyways. She finished her milk and looked at her friend. "Hey, I'm gonna use your sofa for a bit of rest."

Jinri dropped her body down on the sofa and leaned back against the cushioned chair, bringing her legs up and crossing her ankles, remembering herself questioning Minho and the small hurt that appeared when she never recalled him mentioning that he loved her.

She lied down and closed her eyes. Well…. looking for love in a demon. It even sounded funny when she thought of it.

 

- - - -

 

Jonghyun took the small remote from Minho, pointing at the flat screen television on the wall, a smile coming onto his boyish face when he a news channel.

"Millionaire Kim Jaeho, caught doing drugs and even involved with the business of smuggling drugs into Korea…."

"Ohhh…" Cooed Jonghyun, interested in the damage that Minho had done. He switched the channel to continue enjoying the fun.

"And to get this, Mr. Kim wasn't even smart enough to get away with his wife, who is now filing for divorce since he has admitted to the rumors of having an affair with his personal assistant."

"Wow." Jonghyun turned to Minho, who was nonchalantly resting in his leather chair with a fulfilled smile on his face. "Why did you do this to him again?"

Minho stared at the television, the millionaire rushing through paparazzi and reporters with a mortified look on his face. "Once I gave him everything he wanted, which was fame, fortune and the woman of his dreams, he became frightened of everything and wanted nothing to do with me any longer. He had caught word that I could create miracles and he wanted to test me and when he found out that this was all real, he wanted to pull out of our business deal, which would cause me to lose money."

"I love it when you ruin the lives of these pathetic people." Said Jonghyun, a hand covering his heart. "This man has a lot of dirt though. Damn. Hey, I thought that part of the deal was giving him the woman of his dreams. She's leaving him."

"I didn't say I would give her to him to 'keep'. He should've been more precise in what he wanted." Said Minho.

"You sneaky little devil!" Said Jonghyun with a huge grin and then he muted the television, placing the remote back on the desk. "Where's Jinri?"

"She looked like she needed a day off."

"Where did she disappear to last night? I was afraid that she passed out on the toilet or something."

"I took her." Answered Minho slowly. He was suddenly taken in thought as his eyes traveled out of the large window.

"Ah and had a fun filled night?" Asked Jonghyun, wiggling his eyebrows.

"No." Murmured Minho, frustration creeping up on him as the demon continued to bother him with questions.

"Wooow…did I hear it right? You actually spent a night alone with a female and there was no ? Well, there's a first time for--"

"Get out!" Interrupted Minho, his hand lifting to rub his temple when he felt a headache coming on, something that happened time after time whenever Jonghyun was around, pestering him when he should've been doing more important things.

Jonghyun's shoulders slouched. "What did I do? I didn't do anything wrong."

"Just get out, Jonghyun!" Minho almost growled.

Jonghyun got the insinuation when the atmosphere around them became eerie. He sighed as he turned his back and headed towards the door, mumbling something that sounded like 'always getting snapped at for no damn reason.'

Minho lifted his eyes in annoyance to watch Jonghyun exit his office, shutting the door inaudibly behind him without saying anything more.

 

A smile emerged onto Jonghyun's face when he caught sight of a familiar lady, his arms spreading out in hopes of a hug from Jinri but instead, she gave him a look.

"You slept with my best friend."

His smile vanished and his arms dropped to his sides. "I knew it, I get no love around here."

"After you just met her and you took advantage."

"Hey, she came onto me."

Jinri didn't believe that at all.

Jonghyun rolled his eyes, shrugging his shoulders. "Okay, so maybe I came onto her but she's the one that led me to her place. So, in the end it was all her fault."

"Whosever fault is this, make sure you won't allow it to happen again." Said Jinri in a warning tone.

Jonghyun grinned, nodding continuously. He watched her as she rounded her desk, setting her purse down. "I thought you had the day off."

"I like making money, so I made the choice to come in today anyway." Said Jinri with a small smile at him. "Where is he?"

"In his office, being grumpy."

"Because of you?"

Jonghyun reached behind his head, lacing his fingers together. "If I'm such a nuisance, then he should ditch me." His eyes followed her body as Jinri walked away and he followed her into Minho's office, standing behind her as she stood at the door.

"Your usual coffee?" Asked Jinri.

Minho looked over his shoulder with slight surprise to see her. He was standing in front of his window as rain slowly started to pour, he barely acknowledged Jonghyun though and his eyes returning to the window. "Don't you understand what a 'day off' means? Missed me?"

"Would you want to hear that I missed you?"

This question was very familiar to him. "What else would you like to hear from me? That I love you?"

Jonghyun picked up the hint of attitude in Jinri's voice, quickly wanting to know if they had a quarrel but kept his mouth sealed as he looked at Minho for his reaction.

Minho continued to stare out of the window, a bit disgruntled at her tone and the fact that she was holding onto the conversation of if he loved her or not. It drove him mad that YES, he did want to hear that she missed him. Minho felt like crushing something. Since when did he give a damn about sentimental statements?

"Usual coffee." Said Minho flatly and he heard his door shut seconds later.

"Man, you should just make her quit her job since you two are together."

"Knowing her, she'll probably want to continue working even if I can give her any amount of money that she wants for whatever she needs."

Jonghyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter