Dark miracle

Lucifer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 11 – Dark miracle

 

* * * *

 

Jonghyun finished off his fifth beer before grabbing another. Kang Daeho sat next to the demon, a bowl of beer placed in front of him. The golden cat found himself in the apartment of Jonghyun's as the latter decided to teleport the cat to him.

"So tell me Daeho….Morae, whatever! How's life as a cat?" Asked Jonghyun, glancing down at the cat that was busy contemplating at the bowl of beer in front of him. Should he drink it or not?

"Having no worries is nice." Answered Daeho.

"Don't you worry about getting hit by a car?"

The cat looked up at him. "Remind you that I can't die, sadly enough."

"Oh yeah. Duh!" Jonghyun smacked his own forehead.

"And your life?" Asked Daeho.

"As you can tell." Said Jonghyun with a smile, motioning around the large living room, styled with luxurious items all around. "Being by Lucifer's side pays off." Papers were scattered on his table and a few candy wrappers were here and there but it was a neat place nonetheless.

"Do you ever think of what life would be like if you chose the humans over Lucifer? Minho I must say."

"What? No." Shook his head Jonghyun. He finished off his beer and continued, "I would've probably been killed by all of the humans since I didn't look like a normal baby. My mother abandoned me and Minho saved me. For that, I will stand by his side for as long as I live."

People believed that demons were just a myth among society and something that they chose to ignore. Jonghyun's mother was human, a human who cheated on her husband and even despite being married with two children. One night, she slept with a fire demon unknowingly. Soon after, she found out that she was with his child, figuring that she could pull it off and say that it belonged to her husband. But things didn't go as she planned.

When Jonghyun was born, his entire body was covered in black marks that frightened his mother, her husband and the doctor. The doctor was forced to hold him once his mother immediately rejected to touch him, his body abnormally warmer than it should have been. When he opened his eyes for the first time, they went from normal dark shade to stormy black color but the scary marks never vanished from his body.

Jonghyun was placed outside not long after he was born, wrapped in a dingy blanket as rain poured down on him and his cries unheard. Unheard by everyone, except for Him. When his golden eyes shone through the rain and darkness, his crying ceased. He stayed by his side, finding a place where he wasn't feared but accepted. Even was he was told that he wasn't full demon, he had no desire to join humans.

Jonghyun chose Minho.

"I don't see how you can serve such a…monster." Said Daeho.

Jonghyun nudged the cat with a slight glare. "You just say that because he turned you into this creature. You brought that on yourself, kitty."

"What does he want from Jinri?"

"Jinri? Hmm…"

"I've never seen him interested in a human for this long."

"Demons can experience love, you know."

"But Lucifer? I highly doubt that he of all people has any emotions that are near 'love'. I don't trust him." Said Daeho.

A little smile formed on Jonghyun's lips as he glanced at the cat. "Does it matter to him you do or not? Anyways we will see."

 

- - - -

 

"How thoughtless you were to show yourself out in the open, with no disguise whatsoever!" Minho spoke dangerously, his eyes focused on the glass of wine in his hand, swirling it lightly.

"There was no one outside." Explained the demon, his tail moving around angrily. "That human, he--"

"Owe you something and he didn't have it?" Minho finished it, he squeezed the glass in his hand until it broke. The broken pieces were vanished and his hand got no injure. "So you started a cat and mouse chase and another one came along."

"She got in my way!" The demon blurted frustratedly, surprised that Minho even thought about saving the woman.

Minho's eyes shot up fiercely. "You would've killed her."

"Yes, I would! So there would be no humans reporting--"

A hand shot around his throat in a vice-like grip, his back slamming agonizingly against the wall. Minho lifted the burly demon off of the ground, his feet dangling. He opened his eyes, his tail limp as he stared into the infuriated eyes of Minho. His eyes were bright gold, traces of black bleeding into the whites of his eyes.

"A lot of you are exposing your own kind. Do you think I have all the time in the world to cover up every ing mistake you guys make?" Said Minho, his fingernails grew longer as he spoke. "You're very fortunate that you didn't kill her, for I would've taken your life without thinking twice about it." He dropped him and his nails shrinking back to their normal size as he calmed himself down. "I think it's time for you…" Spoke Minho quietly, watching the frightened demon sit on the floor, choking. "Along with many others, to go home."

"What? No no please!"

"I think you've enjoyed the pleasures of the human world long enough." Continued Minho, ignoring his pleads of not wanting to be sent back to Hell.

 

- - - -

 

Jinri opened her eyes with a jolt as vacant, black eyes flashed in her dream, confusion entering her eyes as she awoke to darkness. She instinctively panicked as she struggled with unfamiliar sheets that were tangled around her limbs. Jinri sat up in a king sized bed as she glanced quickly around the dark room, her heart racing at the unknown place she was in.

Her eyes snapped over to the door nervously as the knob turned and the door was opened, light from the hallway floating into the room. Jinri squinted before her eyes adjusted, surprise written on her face as she stared at the man in front of her.

"Minho…" Blurted Jinri in confusion but relieved at the same time for a specific reason. "How come I--"

"You out it seems." Said Minho.

Jinri remembered her incident and she began panicking. "That man. That…thing! Didn't you see it? You were there, weren't you? You must have been there since now I'm at your place."

"Are you sure that you weren't just dreaming?" Asked Minho.

Jinri shook her head. "Yes, it wasn't a dream! I saw that thing for real and it's not a joke!"

"All right, calm down." Said Minho.

"Where is that man I was with? He was trying to get away from him but he bumped into me and we--"

"He's just fine." Lied Minho. In fact, that human was already dead. The demon killed him before he intended to finish her later. Good thing, he saved her on time. "Just calm down and breathe. You're safe now….with me."

Jinri nodded, her fingers uncurling from the sheets as she let Minho's words comfort her. She was safe with him, at his place but she couldn't stop her body from shaking as she couldn't stop the images of the scary creature in her head.

"It was really a monster…demon, whatever you want to call it, wasn't it? All those attacks and sightings, they are real, aren't they? It isn't just a bunch of crazy talk or fictions." Said Jinri.

Minho went to sit on his bed, facing her and he crossed one leg over the other as he looked into her slightly frantic eyes. "Jinri…you believe in a Hell and…" He paused briefly, forcing the word out, "Heaven, don't you?"

"I-I do but--"

"Then you know that there is such a thing as demons, correct?"

Jinri's eyes widened. "It's Hell where they're supposed to stay!” She then rubbed her temples, closing her eyes. "I must be dreaming. I must be. That must be the explanation behind all of this. I dreamt about walking in on Hyunwoo, dreamt about running into that man and that he was getting chased down by some demon. I'll just wait until I wake up and it'll all be over. It's all too crazy--"

Minho grabbed her wrist. "I can assure you that you are not dreaming, Jinri."

"I'm trying to convince myself now. A severe headache attacks me and just the sight of that thing is freaking me out, making it worse." Said Jinri.

The corner of his mouth lifted as he let go of her hand. "You walked in on your boyfriend?"

"Having with another woman." Added Jinri, bringing her knees up to her chest as she started rubbing her temples again.

"So you left him?"

"Of course I did." Said Jinri. "That woman somewhat made things easier on my part, though."

There was no response from Minho and Jinri lifted her eyes to look at him when she felt his gaze on her, her eyes never leaving his once they connected. Instantly, thoughts started racing through her head, making her headache even worse.

His eyes were far from normal and he had admitted that they weren't contacts but she didn't believe him then. Now that she had seen what she saw, she was having second thoug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter