Mysterious boss

Lucifer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Second update for today ^^

 

Chapter 3 – Mysterious boss

 

* * * *

 

"Welcome to MHC Corporation, Jinri." Said Minho, a small smile still remained on his face. He glanced over her shoulder before continued, "Now Jinri, if you'll excuse us, I'd like to talk to Jonghyun for a moment."

Jinri gave him a bright smile, nodding in understanding. "Of course. It was nice finally being able to meet you sir--Minho."

Jonghyun flashed a grin at Jinri. She smiled in return before exited the room, closing the black door quietly. Slipping his hands into his pockets, Jonghyun darted his eyes to Minho as he stood quietly, his golden eyes fixed on the door where Jinri just left.

Jonghyun allowed his smile to get widening. "You like her. Tell me I did an excellent job."

"She's human." Said Minho.

Jonghyun shrugged. "So was your last assistant."

"My previous assistant served me." Growled out Minho lightly. He rubbed his temples as his eyes slid shut. "In case you didn't notice, she's wearing a cross around her neck. I never want to see it again. Looking at it gave me a headache just now." That reminded of his last assistant was an open Satan worshipper and since this human got on his bad side, Minho no longer wanted to look at him or have him around. "And one more thing, why is she dressing like that? She's supposed to be dressed in a suit."

Jonghyun nodded slightly before mumbled absently. "She has flawless skin and I thought it would be nice to have some casual atmosphere around here. It's rather than stuffy and she's cute in those clothes. Don't you think so?" He slipped a hand from his pocket, scratching behind his ear as he gazed out of the window. When he heard no response from Minho, he continued, "She'll be behind her desk most of the time, so why care what she is wearing?" Silence still filled the whole room and he turned to look at Minho to find his golden eyes remained locked on him. He smiled nervously. "Yes, of course. Strictly suits."

"You just wanted to see her in cute clothes!" Said Minho with a dangerous tone. He rubbed the bridge of his nose as he closed his eyes once more in annoyance. "Get rid of the necklace!"

Jonghyun rolled his eyes. "What the hell am I supposed to say?! Crosses are banned at MHC Corporation? That will sound pretty ridiculous if I told her that."

"Think of something." Grumbled Minho as he rounded his desk, comfortably taking a seat in his large leather chair. His strong gaze returned to the fellow demon. "Tomorrow, she better be in a suit minus the necklace. If I see that necklace again, she's fired."

Jonghyun gave a pout, a pout that was normally seen whenever he was scolded. "Aww but she's my new friend."

"Out!"

Leaning back in his chair, Minho watched as Jonghyun hurried out of the room, closing the door quietly. His golden eyes stared at the door, letting his thoughts drift to his new assistant.

She was beautiful, he wasn't going to deny it. Minho gave himself permission to eye her body, her long legs and creamy skin drawing him in as soon as he laid eyes on her. Her smile was another thing that attracted him, a naturally sweet action he didn't receive often.

Minho figured she wouldn't be around for long. Jinri was a human, she didn't fully understand of how the world worked. She didn't realize that there were more than just humans on the earth. She wasn't aware of the many mysteries and occurrences beyond what she could imagine.

It wasn't that she was the only human here, there were several working for him but he just saw them as slaves, nothing more. His eyes darted to his laptop as it started to beep, indicating that he had received a message in his mail. Minho allowed his thoughts to drift to his assistant for the last time before opening his laptop.

 

- - - -

 

"Oh man, he's in a cranky mood today!" Exclaimed Jonghyun as he leaned on his elbows on Jinri's desk and staring at her.

"I think he doesn't seem as bad as you made him out to be." Said Jinri, biting her bottom lip lightly. Maybe Jonghyun was exaggerating.

"It's your first day, sweetheart. Just wait and see." Paused Jonghyun and he sighed loudly. "I don't mean to scare you. Minho can be a nice guy and have a sense of humor if he likes you. And his sense of humor can be pretty twisted too."

Jinri raised a brow. "Does he like me?"

"It seems so. But he does have a few problems already with you. Geez! He's never happy with anything I do for him." Said Jonghyun and he held up his index finger. "One, forget I ever told you to dress like that. Tomorrow, he wants you in a suit, okay? Sorry for the mix-up. I figured he wouldn't care but he's so damn picky. Don't let him know I said that about him either. What we talk about stays between us, okay?"

Jinri smiled slowly as she nodded. Jonghyun was entertaining. "Okay."

His middle finger came next. "Two, you have to get rid of the necklace. I didn't notice it but he did."

Jinri gazed down briefly on her necklace as she touched it. "Umm….I'm not allowed to wear jewelry?"

"No, you are. But just not that or any other cross." Told Jonghyun.

They had a staring contest before

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter