Be so wrong but feel so right

Lucifer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 16 - Be so wrong but feel so right

 

* * * *

 

Jinri stretched her long legs as her arm reached out to the spot next to her, reaching further as she cracked open one eye, staring at the frequently bare space. She closed her eye as she rolled over, curling up and ready to fall back to sleep.

Outside in the living room, Minho dismissed a demon from his home, hearing the front door shut softly as a certain Kim Jonghyun just left. He slipped his hands into his pants pockets, gazing at his table just as a golden cat appeared, sitting calmly.

"She's relatively distressed that she couldn't find you in her apartment or anywhere around that area." Said Minho.

"I knew she would react in such a way." Answered Daeho causally.

"I found it unforeseen that you actually gathered up the courage to leave your master. I got the feeling from you that you cared about her." Said Minho.

"I still do." The talking cat answered slowly. "But with the awareness of knowing that she was growing closer to you, I--"

Minho cut off Daeho, "Ah, you hate me that much?"

"I never knew I could hate someone so much until you ruined my life. I made the choice to leave. I spent many years avoiding you and just my luck, you meet and decide to have the woman that has been sharing her home with me for a few years. There is no way I could stand being near such a malicious bastard such as yourself." Said Daeho.

Minho's lips gradually formed a forbidding smirk. "I suggest you watch your tongue with me. It'd be effortless for me to bind yourself to this place and you would have no choice but to be near me. So, you do not plan to return to her?"

Alarm dread struck Daeho, causing him to stand on all four and inch away. "No. I have no intention to return."

 

- - - -

 

"A few days ago, Minho asked me to move in with him." Blurted Jinri, looking at Jieun. "And I didn't really know what to say."

Jieun let out an impulsive laugh. "The answer is clearly no. When you were with Hyunwoo, he asked you the same question multiple times and each time you told him no, so it's no with Choi Minho as well." Said Jieun and she tilted her head when Jinri didn't reply from the passenger seat. "Right?" She pressed.

Jinri sighed. "I actually don't know, to tell you the truth."

"Why don't you know? You answered quickly whenever Hyunwoo asked you to move in with him and you two dated way longer than your current time with Minho." Said Jieun.

"I was scared to move in with Hyunwoo, scared that he'd relapse and screw everything up. I was always indecisive about him. How is...he anyways? Hyunwoo, that is." Asked Jinri.

"Well, he asked me about you a while ago too. I told him you were doing all right. I talked to him a few days ago. He's currently out of town since his aunt fell ill and she had to go to the hospital since it's quite serious."

"I see…" Jinri nodded, knowing exactly which aunt Hyunwoo had gone to see. While they were dating, of course she met his family and they welcomed her with open arms. She loved his family, sometimes more than her own but not including her beloved brother of course.

"Oh! About Morae, have you seen any sign of him?" Asked Jieun.

"No." Jinri answered despondently, leaning her temple against the window. "Not at all. I haven't seen any golden cats wandering around. I politely asked my neighbors if they would look out for him and some reported back saying that they haven't seen him either. What if he's starving or cold or got hit by something? Why would he even run away?"

"I don't know...he was awfully attached to you. Are you sure no one cat-napped him?"

"No, I always lock my front door and when I got home that day, the door was locked and it didn't look like anyone got in. Besides, who breaks in and only steals my cat when I have a few more things to offer in my place? I think he possibly slipped out when I opened the door or something."

"I don't know what to tell you. I never expected Morae to ever run away from home but hey, cheer up. Maybe, with any luck, he found a new home and someone is taking care of him or maybe he'll find his way back home. Don't think negatively."

"Yeah." Agreed Jinri.

"BUT back to what we were talking about. Choi Minho, has he been pestering you about moving in?" Asked Jieun.

"No. He just mentioned it once and I said that I would think about it, so he's left it alone. A big part of me is… I want to say yes." Confessed Jinri.

"Then yes it is, Silly! I understand that moving in is a big step in a relationship but hey, sometimes you just have to take that step and see where everything goes and if it turns out to be a mistake, then so be it. Everyone makes them." Advised Jieun.

Jinri chuckled, removing her head from the window to look at her best friend. "And I thought you would scold me or something. But since when did you become so good at giving advice?"

Jieun shrugged, switching lanes. "It seems that everyone is always coming to me with their problems and stories, so I have to give something good back, right?" Said Jieun. She was glad Minho more serious about her friend than she thought it seemed. She smiled a bit, glancing at Jinri. "And I don't have any right to scold you. Whatever decision you make, I'll support you on it."

 

- - - -

 

Minho exited the boardroom, exchanging handshakes with his business partners as he donned a small smile, giving his goodbyes as he motioned for Kibum and Jonghyun to follow.

They submissively followed his order. Jonghyun started stretching his arms and accepting a piece of gum from Kibum beside him. He popped it into his mouth, staring at Minho's back. "Man, that meeting was BORING. I almost fell asleep."

"It wouldn't be the first time." Replied Minho.

Jonghyun brushed aside the remark. "The meeting was silly. Those vampires act as if they couldn't call and say 'hey, we think it would be a great idea to put up more companies and place specialized windows that would prevent our fellow vampires from turning into dust.'"

"I thought vampires were content with lurking in dark places." Kibum spoke up softly. "Why don't they just put curtains up and turn on all the lights?"

Jonghyun bumped his side with Kibum. "That's exactly what I wanted to say. At least someone is on the same brainwave as me today. Minho, don't you agree?"

"If you were paying more attention in the meeting, you would've heard the reasoning for why they want more of those spell influenced windows. The vampire species may enjoy darkness but many of them wish to be able to see the sunlight every now and then." Said Minho.

"Uh, what a sob story." Murmured Jonghyun, tossing his gum wrapper on the ground as they exited the building.

Both of them stopped walking when Minho stopped dead in his tracks, standing beside his car wordlessly. They exchanged looks at the abrupt stop. Jonghyun opened his mouth to ask what the problem was but was cut short when Minho sent him a look over his shoulder.

‘It's been four weeks and Jinri still wasn't over that stupid cat.’ Thought Minho internally. He looked at Jonghyun and Kibum. "I need you two to do something."

"As if we could say no." Replied Jonghyun, smiling faintly. "What is it?"

"I need you two to search and fetch me a cat."

"A cat?" Asked Kibum, raising a brow.

"Preferably a golden kitten." Added Minho as the driver getting out and opening the car door for him as he took a step closer. The handsome demon sent a smile at both of Kibum and Jonghyun, telling that if they were clear of his order.

They nodded their head at Minho but Jonghyun scratched his head. "A kitten? For what?"

"If I wanted you to know, then I would've given my reason to begin with. Find one, bring it to my office. I give you two an hour. It shouldn't be that difficult." Said Minho.

"Ugh! Why a time limit?" Whined Jonghyun.

"Because if I didn't give you one as if you were some child, you would screw around and blow off my order." Replied Minho.

Kibum nodded, getting a look of bother from the Jonghyun standing next to him. "But why do I have to go with him?"

"To make sure he actually does something right and doesn't get sidetracked." Said Minho and with that he climbed into the car, the driver shutting the door and rounding the car to get into the driver seat.

Jonghyun and Kibum shared baffled looks before walking off together in search for a pet store after the car of their boss sped off.

Jonghyun scratched the back of his neck, making a face of displeasure. "A kitten. What a waste of time. Why does he need one anyway? I could be doing something else much more worth my time."

"Like what?" Asked Kibum.

"I don't know. Probably you." Said Jonghyun candidly.

Kibum ignored his remark, changing the topic back without missing a beat. "Didn't that cat leave Jinri?"

Jonghyun rubbed his chin. "Oh, right. I'm pretty sure she mentioned it a few days ago when she came in. Minho is giving something to someone else? He hardly ever gave me anything good for my birthdays growing up. But then again, it's Jinri and he seems to favor her over me. Wow, and he raised me for crying out loud!"

Kibum nodded, agreed as she grinned. "Yes, but he doesn't refer to her as a pain in the ."

Jonghyun glared. "It doesn't help that you side with him."

 

- - - -

 

The next night, Jinri managed to convince Minho allowing her to skip out on the opportunity to attend a banquet alongside him by taking the offer to spend dinner with her brother when he asked. Her step dad had mentioned that Jinwoo wasn't eating much but they were helping him as much as he could to get attuned back into the lifestyle of being in his wheelchair. Her mother had nothing to say to her as they all sat at the dinner table.

In the back of her mind, Sulli pondered what happened to the woman that wanted to 'fix things' when her brother became able to walk. But now, their mother kept conversation short and sweet with the two males sitting at the table while an uncomfortable blanket loomed over their heads.

Jinwoo finished his food first, pushing away from the table and excusing himself quietly, a smile coming onto his face when Jinri did the same, scooting away from the table in her chair.

Following her brother into his room, she shut the door, sitting down on his bed and crossing her legs. "So, how's school?"

"Boring, as usual." Replied Jinwoo with a smile, watching as his sister picked up some of his artwork. "Art has the only bearable teacher. She's cool. She doesn't treat me like a kid and she doesn't treat me like I'm disabled. What about you?" He wiggled his eyebrows. "And your hottest boyfriend, Choi Minho? Noona, I still need to meet this guy."

Jinri smiled. "And you can. He has an elevator."

Jinwoo looked surprise. "Are you staying with him?"

"He asked me to move in with him but I haven't given an answer." Replied Jinri, flipping through his sketches of scenery, a few memorable views of the high school he went to since she once attended the same school. "I'm over there a lot, so I may as well, right?" She finished, laughing a bit, their eyes flying to the door as it suddenly swung open, cutting their time alone short. Her laughter ceased when the open door exposed their mother.

Jinri sighed, placing Jinwoo's sketches down beside her.

"Choi Minho, that womanizing jerk? How come I never heard of you seeing him?"

Jinri scratched near her ear, her eyes roaming around the room. "Usually mum, when people eavesdrop, they do it while keeping themselves unnoticed."

Her mother crossed her arms, a frown coming to . "Don't get smart under my roof, Jinri."

A look of uncertainty crossed Jinwoo's feature as he glanced between the two. He sensed an argument and when Jinri argued, things tended to fly out of her hand and at other people.

"Then don't invite me to this house."

"I didn't invite you, it was your brother's idea."

"And you could've said no to him. Simple as that." Said Jinri. "And since you never bothered to help me money wise, never took and still doesn't take time out to call and check up on me, or bothered helping me move my things into my place. Just simple as that, because of that I don't really see the need in telling you anything about my life and what I'm doing with it."

Jinwoo cleared his throat. "Um…mum, what's wrong with noona dating him? Don't you think Choi Minho is handsome?"

"Handsome but his ways make him look repulsive. He's probably crawling with ually transmitted diseases and here you are, Choi Jinri, dating the bastard. He's your boss, none the less, what a ty, cliché situation."

Both Jinri and Jinwoo were taken aback by their mother's nasty word. Jinwoo exasperated. "Mum, come on, don't say that. I invited noona over to have a good time and you're ing it all up!"

dropped open, appalled. "Watch your language, Choi Jinwoo!"

Jinwoo threw his arms in the air. "Jesus, can't noona just stop by here once in a while peacefully without having you and moan at her?"

Their mother rubbed her temples and Jinri hid her grin with her hand, knowing that his language was just adding fuel to the fire. "And I bet you get this attitude from your sister. She was the exact same way as a teenager but more of a screw up because she chose to live in sin."

"Oh, yes, mom, I'm quite the screw up." Jinri put in. "I graduated high school with decent grades. I got into college, I have a high paying job as a secretary to a billionaire--"

"Yes, the one that you're probably sleeping with." She spat out rancorously.

Jinwoo groaned as he let his head fall back with his hand on his forehead.

Jinri got up from the bed, needing to leave the house before something worse could happen. "Yeah, actually I am." Replied Jinri, kissing her brother's cheek. "And I love every minute of it." She ignored the sound of disgust that left her mother. She smiled at Jinwoo. "I'm gonna get out of here but I'll call you and you can come by his place and meet him, okay?"

Jinwoo nodded, giving his mother a small glare before rolling his way out of his room, following Jinri to the front door. She grabbed her coat, sliding her arms through the sleeves, her brown eyes wandering over to her mother as she stood a few feet away with a thwarted look on her face.

"I won't bother coming by anymore. What's the point, right? You never have anything good to say to me, if anything at all. Nobody is perfect mum, even you, so stop acting as if you're all high and mighty."

Jinwoo murmured his goodbye to Jinri after she stood for a few seconds, waiting for her mother to say anything to stop her from walking out of the door at least, but that never happened.

Jinwoo closed and locked the door, sighing loudly as he leaned his cheek against his palm. "You know mum, it'd help if you ever treat her well for all these years and actually got to know more of your own daughter. I don't think she's as bad as you make her out to be."

"Please." Grumbled his mother. "Her new mistake is ever getting together with that man. I won't accept anything she does because she never thinks before she acts."

 

- - - -

 

Jinri frowned as she stopped at a red light, searching through her purse for headache medicine. Only her mother could succeed in giving her a headache so quickly. She found the medicine, popping one pill into and swallowing it dryly. She reached for her phone, checking if she had missed calls.

"Where are you?"

Jinri jumped in her driver seat, dropping her phone. She whipped her head around her car to see where the voice came from. The light turned green and she slowly pressed onto the pedal, calming her heart when she realized whom the voice belonged to.

"Can't you get a hold of me like a normal person?" When Minho didn't reply, Jinri rolled her eyes. "But wait, I forgot, you're not what I would call normal. But please, you scared me. I'm still not used to this telepathic crap yet!"

"Why not?"

"It's creepy! The whole concept of someone getting inside like that--" Stopped Jinri and her heart skipped a beat as her fingers tightening on the steering wheel when she felt fingers weave themselves through her hair. Her head turned sharply as her car swerved, her brown eyes snapping back to the road when she saw Minho in her passenger seat. "My god Minho! You almost made me hit that taxi! Why are you just popping up everywhere?!"

"You said that you didn't like the telepathic 'crap'." Spoke Minho, his fingers trailing leisurely to her neck.

"That whole demonic talent of teleportation is just as creepy." Said Jinri, loosening her grip on the wheel, his fingers gently massaging the base of her neck. "And you nearly gave me a heart attack. Next time, at least give me a warning until I become completely used to you…just appearing."

"How am I to warn you if you dislike me in your head?"

Laughter erupted from . "What a silly question. You could always try using a phone." She pointed out, sending him a smile. "I thought you had a banquet to attend."

"I decided to leave early." Minho removed his hand from her neck. "I have something for you." He said, liking that her smile remaining on her lips.

"A present? That's somewhat unexpected."

Minho wordlessly agreed, his eyes traveling out of the window to land on a group of teenagers outside of a building, the group consisting of lower class demons that were laughing together. "Let's head to my place-- which reminds me of what I had asked you."

"About moving in, right?" Said Jinri as she turned a corner, biting her bottom lip lightly. "Okay." She added with a shaky voice, looking at him for a short time. "Okay." she reiterated, a smile lighting up her face again, but Minho picked up on the slight

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter