New assistance

Lucifer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 1 – New assistance

 

* * * *

 

Jinri turned when she heard the masculine voice calling her last name, a big smile coming to her lips as her eyes landed on the man holding a manila folder in his hand. She immediately stood up from her seat and gave him a quick bow. She then extended her arm happily, shaking hands with his.

The man flashed her a kind smile as his eyes scanning her body quickly before returning his gaze to her face.

"Jinri." She introduced herself politely, slipping her hand away from his. "Good morning, sir."

The man smiled. "Good morning and just call me Jonghyun." He spoke, motioning for her to sit down.

Jinri obeyed him, sitting down nervously and folding her hands in her lap, watching Jonghyun take a seat in front of her. She watched him as he opened the folder, sorting through papers.

Jonghyun was attractive, Jinri wasn't going to lie. The man seemed also cute, not one blemish on his handsome face and that straight white teeth. Jinri continued to eye him a bit longer until his eyes lifted from the papers, knocking her out of her inspection.

"So, you want this job? You want to be the new assistant to Minho?" Asked Jonghyun.

"Minho?" Repeated Jinri. She remembered walking up to the giant building, a large MHC at the very top of the building. She only knew that the owner of this well-known company happened to have the last name like her but never remembered what his first name. He was in several magazines, getting voted as the most eligible bachelor once or twice but Jinri never really paid any attention to the wealthy man. She already had a boyfriend after all.

"Yes, my boss who owns this company." Said Jonghyun. His lips curled into a teasing smile. "I bet you've frequently heard about MHC corporation so I guess you do also know who you'll be working for if I agree to hire you, don't you?"

"Yes." Said Jinri, her cheeks flushing. "I mean I was just kind of surprise to hear you called the boss directly by his name. I just make sure if I heard it right."

"Well, he likes to be called by his first name." Replied Jonghyun and Jinri nodded slightly, taking note. He looked through her résumé one last time before closed the folder, placed it aside on the table and watched the girl in front of him. With a smile on his face, he continued, "Listen, you seem like a dedicated girl and all he needs is a new assistant."

Jinri smiled and hesitantly, she asked, "Can I ask….what happened to his last assistant?"

Jonghyun didn't answer quickly, he let out a nervous laugh as he recalled the incident the other day where he heard yelling coming from Minho's office and then once he entered his room in the next minute after being summoned by Minho, there was no evidence of his assistant ever being in there anymore. "He got on his bad side and thus, he doesn't work here anymore."

"Oh." Came Jinri's weak response as her face faltered a little bit but forcing a small smile. She noted that Jonghyun even seemed scared of his boss and that wasn't a good sign. Her soon to be boss was probably some big who treated everyone like complete crap.

For a brief seconds, Jinri was hesitant b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter