Soft Baby Boy Pt.1

The Big Bad Wolves (and The Merman, Kinda, In Distress)

*sweats nervously* soooo, I have no excuses for my late update... OTL
I'm sorry it took so long.... ;-;

Anyways, thank you so so much to everyone who has commented, left kudos, subscribed and bookmarked!!! It means a lot to me!!! I appreciate every single one of you ahhhh h h h thank you for sticking around despite my writing is mediocre and the plots are mehhhh

***I know werewolves/wolves are nocturnal but like... These guys goes to college and all, they gotta sleep but as I type this i realise there could be night classes for nocturnal creatures but whatever lmao

also, I just wanna clarify another thing:
The A/B/O dynamics here are just one Alpha and then the rest are betas, like in Teen Wolf. Omegas are packless wolves. Idk why I made it that way, more convenient for me to write lmao OTL

if there is anything i should add as a warning, then please tell me!


September came and went and before Jimin even knew it, it was already October and his birthday was quickly approaching.

The leaves had turned the shades of a warm sunset as they started falling to the ground, painting a beautiful orange picture. The air had also gotten colder but Jimin liked it, it soothed his warm, almost-feverish skin as he struggled to get out of bed everyday.

All Hallows Eve was rapidly nearing; the Moon’s powers thriving steadily and the merman felt more and more drained as the days passed by. He still made it to classes, even though he was feeling sick. 

Recently, though, the pixies had started bothering him again. But thanks to the wolves by his side, he gained confidence. He felt that he’d gained the confidence to confront them and make them stop bothering him.

One morning, Jimin had been talking to Hyejin, a witch that he shared a few classes with. Two other witches had stood with Hwasa and he’d found out that they were new to the older witch’s coven. Rosé and Lalisa.

Rosé, who had strawberry blonde hair, seemed shy, and when Jimin had shot her a small smile, she had blushed and let out a squeak while Lalisa, who had platinum blonde hair, had giggled and hugged her. 

Right when the merman was about to part ways with the Witches, the Pixies had floated by and upon spotting him, they’d started jeering and laughing at him. 

Hyejin had looked like she was going to murder someone while the younger witches had watched on with concern, but Jimin was going to handle it on his own. 

With confident steps, the merman had strode up to the cackling Pixies and given them a piece of his mind. But when he stopped in front of them, all the confidence had flown out of the window.

“Hey- I don’t know what your problem with me is, and if I’ve done something, then I’m sorry. Please stop this immature and ridiculous act, though, thanks!” 

Jimin had been so nervous, his hands had started shaking and his heart was thundering in his chest at the glares the Pixies had directed at him. 

He gave himself a mental pat on the shoulder for not stuttering, at least.

One of the Pixies had huffed, turning her nose up to look like she was looking down at Jimin while clicking her tongue. 

“And? What makes you think you’re so special you could walk up to us and demand for us to stop doing something as harmless as playing around? Can’t you handle jokes?” She had drawled out while picking at her nails. The other pixies smirked and snickered.

Jimin started to feel smaller and smaller for every second.

Another pixie stepped up, a saccarine sweet smile on her Russian Red painted lips.

“Look, sweetie, it’s just harmless teasing. You’re just so cute, like an itty bitty baby. We don’t mean to hurt you.” She cooed, voice husky and low and Jimin couldn’t help it. He’d felt like an inadequate child then. 

The other girls started to giggle loudly.

One of them had turned her back on him and was flapping her wings, making glitter fly all over his face. “Baby boy, you’re too soft to actually do anything.”

The merman’s cheeks were burning with humiliation and frustration now but he wasn’t giving up, though. Squaring his shoulders, he glared at the Pixies.

“Well- And you’re acting like thirteen years old es who have nothing better to do with their pathetic lives. Grow up, please.” 

With that, he promptly turned around and nearly sprinted back home, tears in his eyes, leaving the pixies to gape after him incredulously. He didn’t hear the witches calling after him, either.

He couldn’t believe he’d said that!

Okay, Jimin never did like judging people for their appearances and ages, but those Pixies were walking around and acting like bullying and being all hardcore and loud was cool. They acted as if they still were the popular, rowdy middle schoolers they probably had been. 

When he finally reached the house, with his hands on his knees as he tried to catch his breath, Jimin wanted for the earth to just open up and swallow him whole.

 His reply had been so bad! He could’ve done so much better! 

You’re so uncool, Park Jimin!

But a panicking Jimin was not good at coming up with the perfect clapbacks and so, he could only drown in regret and embarrassement as he sank down to sit on the stairs of the patio. 

He put his face in his hands and felt the humiliation wash over him like heavy waves as tears started to fall down his rosy cheeks. 

Maybe he was too soft.. Weak.

The sound of the entrance door opening had Jimin quickly wiping the tears of frustration away, and plastering a smile on his face, Jimin looked up to see Seokjin grinning widely at him.

“Hey, hyung..” Jimin whispered as the wolf sat down beside him, their shoulders touching, instantly giving the merman comfort and warmth. 

Yo-! Jimin-ah, is something wrong?” Seokjin asked when he saw the merman’s red rimmed eyes and instantly pulled him into his arms, rubbing a hand up and down the younger’s back. 

Jimin sniffled and shook his head. He couldn’t let the pixies be right, he wasn’t a baby. 

“Nah, just- Allergies, haha...” He mumbled out, trailing off with an awkard laugh that definitely wasn’t convincing. Seokjin didn’t say anything else, though, but Jimin was pretty sure the wolf had a massive frown on his lips now.

Nuzzling his face into the elder’s chest, Jimin could feel himself starting to calm down.

Cuddling the wolves gave him strength.

When Jimin had completely calmed down, Seokjin had dragged him into the house and demanded for him to play games on Wii with him, or else he would force Jimin to dance with him publicly, in a crowded place.

Jimin hadn’t even put up a fight, giggling as he followed along with Seokjin’s antics. “Alright, alright.” 

He needed a good distraction anyways.

 


 

 

When Jimin was done playing around with Seokjin, he’d gone to take a bath, letting his tail free and just laying in the tub, soaking up the energy from the crystal quartz resting on the edge of the tub. 

Yoongi had bought them for him when he found out that they helped with restoring the merman’s energy.

As Jimin bathed, he let his mind wander. Now that his mind was clear and free from panic and stress, his face heated up once more at his pathetic confrontation. Better replies that he could’ve said earlier started to pop up and Jimin groaned. Why didn’t he come up with these genius clapbacks right then?!

Shaking his head, he wouldn’t let himself think any further of it. It only made him want to shrivel up into a sun dried tomato.

Next time, Jimin was going to give them a piece of his mind, for sure.

The merman proceeded to do his nightly routine, mind completely free of thoughts as he did everything on auto-pilot. He’d already done enough thinking for that day, he was mentally and physically drained and just wanted and needed to sleep.

Putting on a seaweed face mask, Jimin let the water drain out of the tub, before washing the mask off. Reaching for a towel, he started to pat down his body until he was dry. When his tail had finally morphed into two pair of legs after a few moments, Jimin stood up with wobbly knees and carefully stepped out of the tub. 

Staring at his reflection on the mirror, Jimin pouted at the soft cheeked boy staring back at him. He was 21, an adult. He took care of Jungkook and Taehyung like a good hyung. He even took care of the older wolves. 

Jimin wasn’t a baby. Jimin was manly and tough. He could be scary, too!

Sighing, Jimin reached for his toothbrush and started to sulkily brush his teeth. Hearing the door of the bathroom open, Jimin glanced to the side to see Taehyung giving him a blank look. Jimin could see the worry in his eyes, though.

“Hey Jiminie.. Can I sleep with you tonight? It’s just, something feels off- Something is definitely going on with you.”

Jimin filled with fondness at that. He playfully rolled his eyes at the younger. “Usually you just sleep on my bed without asking first anyways,” Jimin snorted, before saying, voice now quiet, “but yeah.. I really need some cuddles right now..” 

Taehyung’s gaze softened at that and he gave the merman a small smile, the one where one corner of his lips quirked up and he looked all boyish. 

Jimin’s cheeks warmed up, happiness simmering in his tummy. 

When Jimin was done with his routine, Taehyung had dragged him to bed, practically hauling him over his shoulder as he quickly strode to the merman’s room. 

They fell on top of the bed and Jimin could feel the remaining stress completely melt away as Taehyung wound his arms around Jimin’s waist and pulled him closer. 

The wolf had his head rested on the merman’s chest, whimpering and whining like a puppy for Jimin to run a hand through his hair, grinning widely when the merman finally carded his smaller and delicate hands through the wolf’s smooth strands.

They laid like that for a while, minds free and blank, until their eyelids drooped and their breathing slowed down. The merman smiled as he snuggled deeper into the bed, warmed by the wolf by his side.

The night settled over the world like a glittering dark blanket and soon, everyone were off to dreamland.

Sometime in the night, Hoseok had sneaked in and claimed Jimin’s other side, squishing the merman inbetween the two wolves. Jimin had blinked his eyes open, gaze bleary as he glanced around. 

A smile lifted the corners of his lips up as he looked from Hoseok to Taehyung. Their cuddles made him feel warm and safe, making him feel protected and gave him energy. 

He closed his eyes again and fell safely back into dreamland.

 


 

 

A chilly breeze wafted through the open window, stirring the curtains on its journey to dance over exposed skin that had escaped the safe warmth of the duvets.

The bodies that lay on the lone bed in the room did not budge, though.

The smallest body that laid in the middle, which did not have the same high temperature as the ones on his both side, was still warm and snug despite the cold draft of air.

The moon was high up in the sky, bright in the dark and illuminating the path for lost ones in the night. Most people who were not nocturnal were asleep, though.

Most people except for one Jeon Jungkook.

The young wolf had been hungry and had woken up in the middle of the night to go get some food. Sure, he wasn’t the only one who had a bigger appetite than normal now that it was the Moon Goddess’ season, but he was still younger than the rest of his pack and needed to eat more.

When he was done eating, he’d wanted to cuddle with Jimin. Upon entering the merman’s room, only to see him sandwhiched between Taehyung and Hoseok, Jungkook had left the room with a sulky frown. Now what? He could’ve squeezed in between, but the bed was already small as it was. Either Taehyung or Hoseok would have to go, and the youngest wolf was not in the mood to hear their whining.

He couldn’t go back to sleep if he didn’t have Jimin’s body to hug, though.

The wolves had only known the merman for two or three months -Jungkook a little longer than that- but it had felt like they’d known each others for years.

Jimin had carved himself a little Park Jimin shape into the pack’s heart. Now, they kind of depended on his scent and prescence for their inner wolf to calm down. Maybe a little too much.

They couldn’t help it, though. The merman was just too gentle and soft and kind and loveable for his own good and he always made them feel cared for and appreciated. Maybe they were all even starting to fall in love with him.

Jungkook frowned at that thought. Did he love Jimin? Yes. He could answer that without any hesitation. Was he in love with Jimin? That had him pausing in his tracks, though. Pondering and thinking too much about it made Jungkook nervous and dizzy.

He wouldn’t deny that he felt, kind of, irritated whenever the older wolves were all cuddly and sweet with the merman, which was weird, because they’re pack. Jimin was pack, who loved to give and receive attention from his fellow packmates. Pack didn’t get irritated at each others for being affectionate with a fellow packmate. Unless it was with someone’s Mate- Lover.

A shiver went through Jungkook’s body at that  and he shook his head, snapping out of his thoughts. He was not about to dwelve further into those thoughts any longer.

The wolf decided to go for a run, seeing as he wouldn’t fall back asleep anyways, and to clear his head. With a grumble under his breath, Jungkook made his way out of the front door and inhaled the cold night air.

Stepping out onto the patio, Jungkook slid off his shirt and threw it to the side, rolling his shoulders and neck to relieve the tensed muscles.

He didn’t bother to lock the door, it was going to be a quick run anyways.

Right as he was about to crouch down and transform into his wolf skin, the sudden unfamiliar scent that filled his senses had Jungkook halting immediately.

Roses, cinnamon and lavender?

He ran out into the backyard,his eyes wide and searching, his bare feet hitting the dewy grass, his nose in the air as he tried to get a sniff of the smell once more. His wolf was on complete alert.

Jungkook let his furry ears pop out and they twitched as he listened for any suspiscious sounds, blocking out the wind rustling the leaves and the tree branches. His eyes scanned around the yard, gaze darting to every moving shadow and rustle of a bush.

The wolf let out a shaky sigh. Maybe he’d overreacted? The Moon made them tense, after all, and maybe that scent had just been from a distant memory. Probably from a random stranger he passed by one day.

Gnawing on his bottom lip, Jungkook threw a worried glance to the house behind him, conflicted whether to go for the run or not now.

He decided to go for the run anyways and with one last huff, he started with a light jog before falling to all of his fours as he turned into the direction of the vast woods. 

The bones in his body started to constrict, and fur grew on his skin.

With a full body shudder, Jungkook had turned into a wolf. 

His sleek black coat shone with the moonlight as he darted through the forest, his eyes shining golden in the dark. 

The nagging feeling in the back of his mind that something was wrong didn’t stop him as he sped up, dashing between the tree trunks and boulders blocking his way. 

Jungkook just chalked it up to being paranoia.

Jimin’s nervousness had probably rubbed off on him.

 


 

 

Dark smog, glittering with white dust, swirled in the middle of the garden before dispersing into the wind. This time, the fragrance from before wafted freely through the air, but no one could catch the scent.

A cloaked figure appeared in place of the smog.

The figure had nearly gotten caught by the young wolf, but thanks to a quick spell, any traces of the figure’s prescence had been concealed.

Gazing up into an open window, the figure held out a hand with a piece of paper in the middle of their palm. Runes were etched out in the middle of the paper and with a single snap of their fingers, the paper morphed itself into a bird.

With a gentle flick of the wrist, the bird flew into the air, its wings flapping quietly as it perched onto the windowsill. It observed the three bodies laid on the bed.

Locating its target, the bird swooped into the air in a circle, before hitting the target right in the middle of his forehead with its pointy beak.

The bird burst up into thin air, disappearing without trace and the bodies on the bed were none the wiser.

The cloaked figure in the garden nodded to themself, before turning and swiftly walking to the edge of the woods, where a luminous being was waiting, their wings gently fluttering about, leaving stardust in their wake.

A delicate hand reached out to pat the hooded head.

“Good job, my little flower. That will teach the little fish to know his place.”

 


 

 

A shrill scream startled everyone in the house, causing them to panic as they instantly ran to the source of the noise.

Four bodies burst through the door of the merman’s bedroom, only to be greeted by the sight of a Taehyung holding a crying Jimin while Hoseok had flattened himself to the wall with a horrified and guilty look on his face.

“Yah-! What’s.. Going on?” Yoongi asked cautiously as he pushed through a tense Jungkook and a nervous Namjoon. He sniffs the air and finds that nothing is out of the ordinary- Except for the way Jimin is crying and clinging to Taehyung.

He could feel how the others’ are crestfallen. Yoongi is, too.

They’d only seen the merman cry once but that was already one time too much. And now he was sobbing into Taehyung’s shoulder, crystaline tears gliding down his rosy cheeks and making small, glinting iridescent scales rise on his skin.

Sitting on the edge of the bed, Yoongi cautiously reached out a hand and ruffled the merman’s hair. It seemed to calm the younger down as he leaned into the wolf’s touch, his sobs gradually turning into small sniffles.

“Hey, Jiminie.. What’s wrong?” Yoongi asked softly as he carefully directed Jimin’s face away from Taehyung’s chest, who let out a small whine at the loss of the contact. The older wolf gently cradled Jimin’s head to his neck before he started a hand up and down the merman’s back.

Under normal circumstances, the others’ would’ve teased Yoongi for showing his softer side but at the moment, they were too worried and concerned for Jimin for the thought to even process.

Jimin sniffled before peeking at the other wolves, who tensed up and waited for him to say something. They watched surprised as the merman buried his face back against Yoongi’s shoulder, a whine leaving him that had them doing a double take. 

What was going on? This is the first time they’d heard him whining, of all things.

They all collectively held their breaths when Jimin started to mumble, his voice small and almost inaudible.

“J-Jiminie wanna be just alone with Yoong-hyung...” 

The wolves glanced at each others in surprise. Why was Jimin talking in third-person? Was he joking around? Maybe the moon had made him so exhausted that he didn’t even know what he was saying. He’d probably lost his mind or something-!

“Hey, Jimin-ah,” Taehyung cooed softly as he tried to take a hold of Jimin’s hand, only for the merman to flinch away from his nearing approach with a “N-no-!”

The wolf reeled back with wide eyes, a whimper leaving him at the clear rejection. He threw a helpless glance at the others, who were watching it all with growing confusion.

“I think it’s better to give him some space right now...” Namjoon spoke up, apprehensive and carefully as he watched Jimin curl into Yoongi’s hold. 

“Yeah, uh- Yah, everyone, I need h-help in the kitchen, come on, all of you except for Yoongi!” Seokjin stuttered, his eyebrows furrowed as he started to usher the wolves out of the room, who went with reluctance. 

Taehyung paused by the doorway and watched wistfully as Jimin hugged Yoongi closer, his sobs turning to small sniffles. Gnawing on his bottom lip, Taehyung went after the rest of the pack into the kitchen with a massive frown on his face.

The atmosphere in the kitchen was tense. Everyone were skittish, worried about Jimin. No one spoke up, though.

They all fidgeted around while Seokjin slowly prepared breakfast, even though he’d already made pancakes before Hoseok had screamed and they’d all scrambled to the merman’s room.

Eventually, Jungkook had enough of the stiffling silence and gritted out, “What is going on?”

Hoseok sighed as he carded a hand through his hair. 

“I don’t know-? Let’s just- Wait until Yoongi-hyung’s come out of the room or whatever.” He hadn’t ment to snap, but the worry eating away at him and Jungkook’s tone had made Hoseok irritated. 

Jungkook pouted and went back to picking at the surface of the counter. 

It probably wasn’t anything serious, but they couldn’t help the distraught feeling in their guts.

 


 

 

When Jimin finally calmed down, Yoongi tentatively pulled away and cupped the younger’s face, away the stray tears that fell down as the merman blinked. 

“Have you calmed down, Jimin-ah?” Yoongi asked, feeling kind of awkward to be taking care of another person like this. He always tried to care for the younger packmates in his own way, but they already knew that he loved them a lot. 

Jimin, though, Jimin had made it all feel natural, like he didn’t have to think too much about it. But this time, Yoongi honestly didn’t know what to do. 

The way Jimin acted was- Off, to put it simply. 

He watched as Jimin yawned, before the merman gently rested his head on the wolf’s shoulder again. 

“Yoong-hyung, Jiminie wants nappy..” 

Had Yoongi not had enhanced hearing, he would’ve completely missed that, but he did, and he caught that. To say Yoongi suddenly got nervous was a complete understatement. What kind of mindset was Jimin even in?

“Uh- Jimin-ah, y-you’re not acting like a kid by any chance, are you?” Yoongi couldn’t help but stutter out.

An indignant huff left the younger as he drew away to glare and pout at the elder. Yoongi blinked. It wasn’t the first time Jimin did that, and Yoongi felt fondness warm him up everytime. He blinked again when he realized that Jimin had mumbled something.

“Nu-uh, Jiminie is not a kiddie! Jiminie is a big boy!” The merman had crossed his arms and pouted harder. Yoongi quirked up an eyebrow at that. The Moon must’ve really done a number on his common sense, Yoongi thought wrily.

“Oh really, how old are you then, Jiminie?”

Jimin beamed at that, holding out four fingers proudly. Yoongi’s eyes widened.

“Jiminie is four years old!”


me being the evil asshat i am decided to leave this chapter with a cliffhanger lmao
don't worry though u won't have to wait for part 2!!!

I think lolol ;u;

Anyways, I hope u enjoyed this nonetheless

Please leave comments, upvote and subscribe~~~ \(^o^)/

Come yell at me @dulcetloves on tumblr~~ ;u;