Awkward Old Farts

The Big Bad Wolves (and The Merman, Kinda, In Distress)

If there’re two things that Jimin has learned ever since meeting the four members of Bangtan pack, it’s that their alpha, -rumored to be fearless, unforgiving, ruthless alpha- Namjoon, is a complete klutz and a big, cuddly teddy bear -in this case, wolf-.

He is nice, and a very good alpha, leader, and a very great friend and brother. 

Jimin has also learned that they’re just six members in their pack. And the four he’d met were the youngest.

The Merman had always imagined them to be around at least twenty to thirty members, given their reputation.

But, they were just six members, and the ones he’d met were complete dorks, and Jimin couldn’t understand how they’d gotten such crude rumors spreading around about them. 

He hadn’t met the other two yet but he thought that they sounded nice.

“Yoongi-hyung isn’t nice,” Jungkook grumbled beside him.

“He’s whiny and grumpy all the time.” Jimin snickered and ruffled the younger’s hair, making the werewolf whine. “Don’t you mean yourself?” Jimin joked. Jungkook grumbled under his breath but rested his head against the merman’s shoulder, despite acting so irritated at him. A soft smile lifted the corners of Jimin’s lips as he gently leaned his head against the other’s. The two of them were just lazing around on Jimin’s bed, in the elder’s dorm room and away from the scorching heat of the last days of summer.

He’d gotten very close to the others, so close to them that he could even call them his friends. 

“Namjoon-hyung is coming,” Jungkook suddenly stated before letting out a big yawn. Jimin didn’t even have time to register what the younger had just said before someone crashed through his -thankfully- open window. 

The merman stared at Namjoon with a stoic face, making the Alpha let out a sheepish chuckle as he laid there, sprawled in the middle of the room. 

Jungkook just let out another jaw-breaking yawn before sliding down to lay his head on Jimin’s lap. This happened often.

Namjoon hesitated for a second, before cautiously making his way over to the bed. At the exasperated eye roll from Jimin, Namjoon crawled onto the bed and sat close to the merman, their sides pressed close to each other and the werewolf instantly relaxed.

“So, what brings you here, hyung?” Jimin asked curiously as he started to card a hand through Jungkook’s hair, Namjoon watching with a longing gaze. With a soft smile, Jimin started to play with the hair on the elder’s nape too. It seemed to immediately make the alpha completely lean all his weight on him. 

Jimin didn’t mind, though. It was nice to cuddle with them, even if it meant that Taehyung crawled into his room in the middle of the night, or Hoseok suddenly picking him up and running off in the middle of a hallway somewhere on the campus, just to sit under the shade of a tree and nap. 

“Nothing in particular,” Namjoon mumbled out drowsily before he too, like the youngest werewolf resting on Jimin’s lap, dozed off. 

And that was it, Jimin guessed. They just wanted to be near him and he didn’t mind, at all. 

He wanted to be with them just as much.


 

With a small whine, Jimin turned to squint at the body that had just gotten into his bed. Thinking it was Taehyung or Jungkook, Jimin just closed his eyes and curled up to the warm body.

He’d fallen back into dreamland for a few moments until something woke him up again. 

Something felt different- With his eyes still closed, Jimin stuck his nose close to the other’s throat and inhaled, frowning at the familiar and yet so foreign scent. 

The scent of rain and petrichor that Jimin associated with Namjoon, Jungkook, Taehyung, and Hoseok was unmistakeable. 

But- there was also hints of rose and lavender, like the bath bombs Jimin liked to buy from Luscious- a cosmetic retailer with great moisturizing body butter for sea-folks like Jimin -he dried out really easily- and he was pretty sure he had never caught a whiff of these particular scents on his friends’ before.

Cracking his eyes open, Jimin was startled to see a mop of green hair right up in his face. Squirming away from the stranger, Jimin glanced down to see a peacefully sleeping face, who frowned a little when the Merman tried to detach himself from the slightly uncomfortable hold of the other. 

Jimin wasn’t really worried about this stranger being in his bed- In fact, he seemed to recognize him. 

“Apple head-!” Jimin whispered to himself in awe, remembering what Jungkook had said before when they’d talked about the remaining members of the Bangtan pack that the Merman had yet to meet. 

He forgot apple head’s name, though.

Now that Jimin looked closer, the other person laying on his bed indeed looked grumpy, even though he was deep asleep. 

Or, well, Jimin thought he was asleep, until he let out a giggle and the green haired man suddenly popped his eyes open to look right at him, making Jimin instantly stop. 

“....Who the hell are you doing on my bed?” Apple head muttered, not even making sense, as he closed his eyes, snuggling deeper into Jimin’s pillow, on Jimin’s bed, in Jimin’s room.

“Excuse you?” Jimin squeaked, making the other crack one eye open to look at him. “What are you doing on my bed, in my room?” Jimin pouted angrily, showing clearly how displeased he was. The other just closed his eye and dragged Jimin over to him, enveloping him in a hug. 

Jimin blinked. This was a little unexpected. In fact, this whole night had been unexpected. The other in fact, Jimin’s life would never go as expected. No one’s life will go as expected. 

Jimin blinked again, before snuggling closer to apple head. 

Better get used to it anyways, seeing as he was a pack member of Bangtan. 

“My name’s Min Yoongi, you dry fish, not apple head” Jimin felt the Werewolf mutter into his hair. 

And that was how Jimin met Min Yoongi, personally, for the first time.

“Classic Yoongz,” Taehyung sniggered, earning a flick on the forehead by said werewolf.


 

When Jimin wakes up in the morning, there’s no green apple head beside him. 

There are two, gigantic wolves, trying to fit on his bed on both of his sides, though. 

The startled wail that left the merman’s lips instantly woke the wolves, and they were both immediately up and growling, teeth bared as they crouched in front of Jimin’s bed, looking murderous and ready for blood

Realizing there was no threat, they both sat down and turned to blink at Jimin, seemingly in exasperation. Recognizing the golden eyes, Jimin felt like a fool for having not known that it was Taehyung and Hoseok. 

But this was his first time seeing them in their wolf form, so you couldn’t exactly blame him for getting scared. 

Though, he doesn’t think normal wolves were as big as werewolves, so that should’ve been a hint.

Smiling sheepishly, Jimin tentatively reached out his hand. One of the wolves, Jimin guessed was Taehyung, nudged his nose against his palm and Jimin couldn’t help but giggle at the ticklish sensation. 

“Ah! You guys really scared me,” Jimin whined playfully as he rubbed remnants of sleep from his eyes with the back of his hands. When he looked at the wolves again, a gasp left his lips when glittering, blue mist appeared out of nowhere, engulfing one of the wolves in it. 

The mist faded away and a human Taehyung appeared, stretching his arms above his head as he let out a yawn. A very  and close Taehyung.

“.....My gods, Tae, your junk is all in my face,” Jimin muttered as he squeezed his eyes shut, feeling heat rise to his cheeks. He could hear the younger chuckle somewhere in front of him but didn’t dare open his eyes, incase he stared. 

But the glimpse he had caught was pretty, impressive, if Jimin said so himself. Getting flustered by his own thoughts, Jimin wormed his way under the covers and hid there, feeling Hoseok follow after him and curling up against his back. 

“Jimin-ah, I can practically smell your embarrassing thoughts,” Taehyung said in a sing-song voice before ripping the covers off of a flushing Jimin and an already asleep Hoseok. The youngest gripped the merman’s wrists and pulled him up, causing him to squeak. “Look, I’m fully dressed!”

Cracking his eyes open, Jimin was surprised to see that the younger indeed had clothes on. Letting out a sigh of relief, Jimin climbed over the large wolf on his bed and stretched, feeling Taehyung’s gaze on him. 

“Where’d you even get the clothes from?” Jimin asked as he walked into his bathroom to brush his teeth. He could hear the younger shuffling after him and wasn’t surprised when he felt arms wound around his waist as the werewolf rested his head on the elder’s shoulder. 

“These are Hobi-hyung’s clothes, I didn’t bring mine,” Taehyung simply stated. They were silent for a few moments as Jimin did his business, when something occurred to the merman. “Wait, doesn’t that mean that Hobi-hyung has to be the one walking around -?” he sniggered, imagining Hoseok’s murderous face as he chased a cackling Taehyung. 

“Yes, and that’s why you gotta hurry and get dressed so we can get outta here,” Taehyung grinned cheekily, causing Jimin to smile too as he quickly hurried out of the bathroom to go get dressed. 

Apparently, he wasn’t fast enough, because Taehyung hastily grabbed a bag and threw some pair of shoes and a sun-umbrella into it before taking a red cap and putting it on top of Jimin’s unruly bed hair. 

The merman only managed to change from his sleeping shirt into a red hoodie, still in his sleeping shorts and pink polka-dotted socks when Taehyung picked him up and hurried out of the house, not even bothering to lock the door, seeing as Hoseok was there. The elder werewolf wouldn’t ever let anything happen to Jimin and, in this case, his dorm.

Taehyung quickly ran from the dormitory with a bewildered Jimin in his arms, the merman clinging to him for dear life. 

“Gotta go fast!” Was the only explanation Jimin got. 

He could feel the late morning sun shining down on them and was thankful that Taehyung had at least grabbed the cap for him. His legs didn’t agree, though, already drying and starting to itch. “Tae-” Jimin squirmed in the younger’s hold, who slowed down to a power-walk. “Where are we even going?” He muttered tiredly, giving up on getting out of the younger’s arms. 

“To get some breakfast,” Taehyung chirped happily. “If we’re lucky, we’ll even catch D boy and Kookie.” The merman quirked an eyebrow at that. “D boy?” He mumbled to himself, wondering who that was. 

“Yup! D boy, D man, Gloss, the pride of Daegu,” Taehyung said matter of factly before a frown tugged down the corners of his lips and he scoffed, “except I’m the one, not him!” The following pout made Jimin smile amusedly at the younger, and he the werewolf’s nape to distract him from whatever his mind was grumbling about this aforementioned D boy.

“Tae, you know you can put me down, right?” Jimin asked the other, who just shook his head. “Nah, don’t wanna, I can feel and smell how tired you are,” Taehyung’s eyes softened as he gazed down at Jimin, “sorry, I should’ve grabbed a few water bottles for you, too.” 

Jimin patted the younger’s cheek, “It’s okay, Hobi-hyung can be pretty scary when he’s angry, I understand.” The werewolf grinned and Jimin imagined that if the other had a tail without being in his wolf form, he’d be wagging it happily. 

“Look, we’re already here!” Looking up, Jimin saw a set of stairs between a bookstore and a flower shop, getting confused, “Didn’t you say we were getting breakfast?” 

Taehyung rolled his eyes at him, making Jimin pout, feeling a little offended. “We are, you dummy. The cafe is right up these stairs,” the younger chuckled and started to walk up the steps. The merman observed their surroundings, taking in the pretty sight of different potted flowers placed on the steps. 

After what seemed like a second, they were already in front of two glass doors and Jimin could see Jungkook standing by the counter and working. A surprised Oh! Left his lips and he giggled when Jungkook’s head whipped up to look at them, looking like a deer caught in headlights. 

The youngest quickly walked around the counter and opened the door for them, looking concerned as he scanned Jimin’s body, who was looking at him in confusion. 

“Are you okay? Are you hurting? Hyung, why is Tae-hyung carrying you?” Jungkook rambled frantically as he cupped the merman’s face, squishing his cheeks in his palms. 

The ticklish sensation of Jungkook sticking his nose to Jimin’s neck caused him to squirm in Taehyung’s arms, a loud snort leaving his lips as he tried to get away from the youngest. With a frown, Jungkook drew away and stared at them in bemusement, “You smell fine, though? A little hungry, but other than that there’s nothing wrong with you.” He stated matter of factly. Jimin snorted again. Taehyung just shrugged and passed Jimin over to Jungkook, who gladly took the grumbling merman into his arms. 

“I just wanted to carry him. I’ll take the usual,” Taehyung chirped as he walked into the cafe, Jungkook following right after him with Jimin in his arms. 

“Seriously, put me down,” Jimin whined. The werewolf carrying him was a little reluctant but he had a job to do and so, he walked to a booth and set the merman gently down on the seat. “What do you want, hyung?” Jungkook asked softly, frowning at the merman’s pink, sunburnt knees. The elder brightened up, “Do you have pancakes?” At the cheerful nod of the younger, Jimin ordered pancakes and a caramel latte.

Jimin scooted over for Taehyung, who had gone to get some water bottles for the merman and sat down beside him, opening up a bottle and giving it to the elder. Jimin took it with a grateful smile and quickly downed it all in one go. 

When he looked to the seat across from them, the merman jumped, startled, when he saw someone else sitting there, not having noticed the person. It was Yoongi, the merman quickly realized. The green haired werewolf had his eyes closed as he leaned back against his seat, a pair of sunglasses perched on the bridge of his nose. 

Assuming that he was asleep, Jimin turned to Taehyung, who was busying himself by unscrewing caps of all the ten water bottles for Jimin. 

“That’s my hoodie,” a raspy voice suddenly said and Jimin whipped his head to look at Yoongi, who was staring at him now. Taehyung frowned and looked between them in confusion. “Jimin-ah, you’ve already met D boy?” 

Yoongi scowled at the younger werewolf, who cackled at his expression. “Shut up with that name, you brat. Didn’t you catch my scent?” 

Taehyung just shrugged, “Jimin-ah uses the same bath bombs you do, and he smells like pack anyways.” Yoongi hummed at that and turned his gaze back to Jimin, who was blushing a little. He thought it was nice, that he smelled like their pack, like someone they could trust. 

“No wonder I climbed into his room instead of going home,” Yoongi mumbled under his breath. Taehyung opened his mouth to say something but froze and clambered over a whining Jimin, to get to the other side of him. He grabbed the merman’s shoulders and hid behind him. Wondering what the younger was doing, Jimin got his answer by looking up and seeing a scowling Hoseok and an amused Namjoon standing in front of them. 

“Yah! Kim Taehyung, you’re lucky Namjoon got some clothes for me, otherwise I’d grilled you, you punk,” Hoseok growled as he sat down beside a chuckling Yoongi, Namjoon following right after. “By the way, Jiminie,” Hoseok said, voice instantly turning sweet as he smiled at the merman, “We locked your door, so you don’t have to worry.” 

Namjoon nodded with a grin, “We climbed out through the window.”

Jimin appreciated what they’d done but couldn’t help the eye roll. “Of course.”

Jungkook appeared with Taehyung’s and Jimin’s orders and quickly sat down beside the merman, slumping his body against the other’s as he let out a tired sigh. 

“Jinnie-hyung is coming,” Jungkook muttered tiredly, just as Namjoon shot out of his seat, saying that he needed to go to the toilet, and promptly collided with a body. 

With wide eyes, Jimin watched as coffee spilled over a handsome man’s white, button up shirt as he bellowed “Not again, Kim Namjoon!”

“Typical,” Yoongi snorted.


 

Jimin’s very first impression of a cool Kim Seokjin had been very short lived. 

Sure, he was handsome and really nice but he was mostly awkward. 

Thankfully, Seokjin got to change out of his coffee drenched shirt. Apparently, it happened so often Jungkook had been forced to keep some shirts in his locker that Seokjin could change into, whenever he collided with Namjoon or spilled coffee on himself. 

Jimin liked him a lot. Seokjin seemed to like Jimin a lot too, if the cooing were anything to go by. “He’s like a puppy,” Seokjin smiled as he poked Jimin’s cheek. 

“He’s a fish,” Jungkook said dryly, earning a snort from Yoongi. 

“I’ve thought about it for a while,” Namjoon piped up and all attention was on him. “Why don’t you move into our house and join our pack?” 

The sudden suggestion caught Jimin off guard as Taehyung and Jungkook shouted in excitement. He, a merman, joining a werewolf pack? Could he do that? Sure, he liked them, a lot, but what could a mere merman like him do?

“Can- Is- Can I actually do that?” Jimin asked, suddenly feeling timid as the others looked at him in expectation. Namjoon shrugged, “Sure, why not? You’re practically a member already anyways, all you have to do is move to our house.” 

Jimin’s eyes widened in surprise. He didn’t know he was that special to them. If that was how they felt, then he was really, very happy. He was alone in his dorm anyways and it got lonely sometimes. 

A big grin broke through his lips and the others seemed to already now his answer, smiles of their own lighting up their faces.

“Yes! I want to!”

“Great!” Seokjin exclaimed, joined by Hoseok, “Welcome to Bangtan, The Big Bad Brotherhood of Wolves!” 

Various exasperated groans could be heard all around the table as Jungkook and Taehyung sniggered. 

The sudden eruption of laughter from Jimin made them all jump in their seats.

“Do you guys seriously call yourselves The Big Bad Brotherhood of Wolves?” Jimin asked between his giggles, pressing his hands to his mouth to try to muffle them. Yoongi looked extremely offended and exasperated.

“No that’s just the two maknaes’ and the other wannabe maknae-”

“Yeah! We totally do!” Hoseok screamed as he slapped a hand against the green haired werewolf’s mouth, who sent him a murderous glare, making Hoseok detract his hand just as fast.

Or, for short, BBB,” Jungkook grinned proudly. Jimin cooed and Yoongi let out a deep, resigned sigh. 

“BBB, also, as in Bang Bang Bang!” Taehyung chirped in.

“Because Big Bang are kings and will be forever!” 

Yoongi let out a snort.

“yeah well, seeing as they’re vampires those old farts’ will probably go on for an eternity.” He muttered under his breath. A loud gasp came from Jungkook as he whipped his head around to stare at the second oldest werewolf in the room, looking incredibly offended, like he’d been personally insulted.

“Excuse you but G-Dragon isn’t a wrinkly old fart, unlike you!”

Jimin felt like he popped some extra abs by how hard he had laughed.


aaahhhhh!!! finally an updateeeeee ;A;

oh man omg this is looooong overdueeeeeee OTL
writers block is a binch SOMEONE END ME
this took so long for me to write, goshhhhhhh
this chapter is 3k words long! My goal was 5k, but 3k is pretty good too, seeing as I usually only manage to write up to 1k to 2k words~~ ^o^

also!!!! thank you so much for the wonderful comments and subscriptions <3