SBB Pt.3 (2/5)

The Big Bad Wolves (and The Merman, Kinda, In Distress)

The leaves and bushes rustles with the wind as Jungkook rushes past them, his mind in a haze and skin crawling uncomfortably.

All he needed was to get away, as far as possible- the image of Jimin crying, because of him, had Jungkook overfilled with guilt and disappointment at himself and before he even knew it, the young wolf was already out of the house and running through the woods.

The wind ruffled at his fur, the breeze cold and usually refreshing, but Jungkook felt like he was burning up.

He didn’t know where he was going, just that he needed to clear his head and get away before he made Jimin even more scared.

Stopping to catch his breath, Jungkook looked up and was surprised to see that he was on top of a mountain that overlooked the whole city. He’d probably only been running for half an hour, but it felt like he’d moved for hours already. Slumping down to sit on the ground, Jungkook transformed back to his human body, his bones groaning in protest as more sweat ran down his skin like rivulets.

When he was finally done shifting, Jungkook felt exhausted to the bone and slumped in on himself.

The young wolf just sat there and looked over the city, a troubled frown tugging on his lips as he thought back to Jimin, to how scared the merman had looked when Jungkook had snarled at him- why had he even done that?

Jungkook wasn’t sure, but he did know that Jimin had smelled off and it had distressed Jungkook’s inner wolf so, so much that he’d freaked out. And coupled with the fact that Jimin had woken up as a toddler, Jungkook had probably made it worse by reacting the way he had. The merman already had enough on his plate as is.

Letting out a loud groan, Jungkook tipped his head back and let out a drawn out howl.

The wolf wasn’t planning on going back anytime soon, too scared of reacting the way he’d done before. Jungkook fell back to lay down on the ground and stared up at the sky, watching as the clouds rolled by, conflicted by the emotions swirling in the pit of his stomach.

His gaze caught sight of the moon, still shining so bright and full despite it being early morning. Looking at it filled the wolf with a comforting calmness.

He would have to go back sooner or later, though. He hoped Jimin wasn’t too upset with him.

Jungkook was sure that whatever had caused him to react that way had to do with Jimin’s regressing too and the wolf was even more determined to get Jimin back to normal.


It’s quiet and calm in the room, warm inhales and exhales of breaths washing over the space like soothing waves.

Soft fur brushes against his face and Jimin nuzzles closer, his mind immediately thinking about what had happened before he fell asleep and he stilled- had it all been a dream? Had he just imagined it all.

Jimin shifts a little and frowns when everything feels so odd- maybe it was because he was still groggy, but it felt like his body didn’t function as usually, like his motorskills were all messed up and his limbs weren’t his own. His eyes fluttered open and his gaze met Taehyung’s, the wolf’s gentle golden eyes already staring at him with warm intensity.

Jimin could see his reflection in the other’s eye and felt something clump in his throat.

“It.. It isn’t a dream, is it..?” He whispers out and winces, because his voice sounds drastically different than usual and the merman’s heart speeds up, becoming stressed again. So all of it was real.

A small whine from Taehyung pulled Jimin out of his thoughts and the merman couldn’t help the small smile when the wolf at his cheek. Observing the other, Jimin noticed that the wolf looked even more big than normal, so massive in Jimin’s eyes. How small had Jimin become..?

He also noticed that he was practically drowning in the shirt he’d worn to bed the night previous- which he started to remember and embarrassement quickly bubbled inside of him when Jimin remember how he’d acted. It was odd, though. It felt like he was recalling everything from someone else’s prespective.

When Jimin met Taehyung’s gaze again, it clicked. The wolf was sharing his own memories with Jimin through the pack bond telepathy.

Gosh, Jimin thought to himself as he burrowed his flushed face against Taehyung’s fur, gripping at the wolf with his small hands. How mortifying!

And Jungkook. Why had he reacted that way? Had Jimin done something..? Had Jungkook been freaked out because Jimin was practically a kid now?

Feeling Taehyung shift, Jimin pulled back a little and watched as the wolf changed into human, sitting crosslegged before Jimin with a grin on his face as he looked down at him. Jimin was displeased to find that he had to look up, up, and up- more so than usual so he could look into Taehyung’s eye. The merman crossed his arms and pouted and Taehyung’s gaze warmed as he looked at the other. He let out an indignant squeak when the wolf ruffled his hair.

“H-hey-!” Jimin started, but stopped when Taehyung suddenly got up from the bed and the merman felt his heart drop. He wouldn’t just leave Jimin alone in the room, would he?

Taehyung, sensing Jimin’s sudden panic, turned to grin at the other, hoping that it looked reassuring.

“I’ll just put on some pants so we can go down and meet the others. Don’t want for them to worry any more, do we?”

Jimin let out a sigh of relief as he relaxed. Of course.

The merman still couldn’t helpt but feel worried and anxious, though, the irrevocable feeling that the other was going to abandon him making him scared and feeling helpless. But why? Jimin could take care of himself just fine- except, when Jimin glanced down at his own body, he realized that maybe this time he really needed help.

As Taehyung ties a bow at the back of Jimin’s shirt to make it fit his small body better, Jimin thinks that he’s handling the situation pretty well.

Or well, he hopes so.

He rather not think of the what if’s.

When Taehyung is done, he lifts the merman up in his arms, who lets out a cry as he suddenly flies through the air and wow, everything looks so different from this view, Jimin wishes that he was that tall too.


 

“So.. Still no clue as to who did it or why Jiminie is this way-? Why he's a toddler all of a sudden now?” Hoseok asks as his gaze flickers over the other wolves. They’re all in the kitchen, sitting around the kitchen table with Seokjin the only one standing, leaning against the counter with his arms crossed. The oldest wolf let out a humm as he turned to open the fridge, looking through it idly just for the sake of having something to do.

“No, there’s nothing,” he sighs out, and closes the fridge door. Granted, it’s only been one day, but the glitter dust should be more than enough evidence. Yoongi had convinced the others to wait it out, though, until they confronted the Pixies- who they were pretty sure had put the hex on Jimin. Who else would do that if not them?

Yoongi didn’t think that it was the Pixies but he kept that to himself, though. If they did anything without being sure, it’d all just cause unnecessary trouble and the wolf thought it was just too troublesome to deal with. The fact that they already had a bad reputation wouldn’t help either.

The sound of the front door opening had them all perking up and they turned to see Jungkook shuffling by the doorway, their youngest looking uncharacteristically timid and ashamed as he slumped down on a seat beside Namjoon. The alpha put his arm around the other and pulled him close.

“You okay?” Namjoon asked, concerned about Jungkook and how he’d acted before. The younger just nodded dully. A heavy silence settled over them and they all mulled over the situation.

Taehyung suddenly stomped into the kitchen with tiny, little Jimin in his arms and they all startled out of their thoughts, surprised that they hadn’t heard the other what with how loud he was being. Namjoon could feel Jungkook tense up beside him when Jimin looked over at them and clamped a hand down on the other’s shoulder to keep him from running away.

“Hey guys,” Taehyung started sheepishly as he went to stand beside Seokjin, wary of Jungkook as his arms tightened around Jimin, the merman clinging to him a little more. “Sorry I growled at you this morning.”

Jungkook gnawed on his bottom lip as he stared at Jimin, who was clearly uncomfortable from the attention. The merman looked so cute and small and Jungkook knows that he wants to hold the other and yet- his skin prickled from just looking at Jimin, his wolf growling lowly in his mind and Jungkook wanted to run away.

Swallowing the lump in his throat, Jungkook braced himself and he managed to ground out a “I’m sorry, too.”

It wasn’t much, not really what he actually wanted to say, but the beaming smile Jimin directed at him was worth it.


Thank you so much for the comments, even tho I don't reply to all of you, I appreciate them a lot!!! 

Come find me here~

tumblr:
Main: dulcetloves
Writing blog: dulcetloveletters

twitter:
@dulcetloves

Comments, subscriptions and upvotes are very much appreciated, thank you! ;u;