The First Big Bad Wolf (and The Merman, Kinda, In Distress)

The Big Bad Wolves (and The Merman, Kinda, In Distress)

“Are you sure-”

“Yes, random guy. I am sure that I can handle this myself, ‘sides, I’m used to this.”

“But are you really, really-”

Letting out an annoyed and exhausted huff, Jimin stopped and turned to look at the tall boy hovering over him, his arms crossed and eyebrows raised.

A werewolf, Jimin noted, the tall boy’s eyes glinting golden and canines peeking through his pink lips. 

Also, he smelled like wet dog.

“Look,” Jimin sighed out. “Are you sure you want to carry me and my heavy fish tail all the way to the other side of campus?”

The boy nodded vigurously, fluffy brown hair bouncing up and down with the action and Jimin couldn’t help the small smile pulling at his lips. 

The boy looked like a cute little bunny.

Oh, the irony.

“Yes-! I’m sure! I’m a werewolf and we’re strong so I’m sure you’ll weigh nothing!”

Letting out a long suffering sigh, Jimin reached out his arms in the end, looking up expectantly at the boy as he waited to be lifted up.

“Don’t underestimate the weight of a merman’s tail,” Jimin muttered out, a blush instantly warming his cheeks when the werewolf lifted him up easily, no troubles at all.

“Did you say something?” The werewolf asked cheekily, giving him a bright grin as he started to walk in the direction of Jimin’s dormitory. The merman pouted but wound his arms tightly around the werewolf’s neck, afraid that he’ll lose his hold because of Jimin’s slippery tail.

“..I actually, usually, don’t go up to strangers and help them, honestly..” The boy muttered, staring down at Jimin with a curious glint in his eyes. 

“How so?” Jimin asked, shielding his eyes with a hand from the shining sun as they made their way through campus, the heat making him dizzy and starting to dry. 

At least if he gets dry then he’ll get his feet back and the tall boy wouldn’t have to carry him like a princess.

“I don’t know, I guess I’m just shy..” The boy mumbled out quietly, his ears growing red from embarrassement. Or maybe it was the sun, Jimin doesn’t really know or care.

“But I just felt like I could talk to you with no trouble,” He said brightly. 

Jimin yelped when a slightly cold nose pressed against his neck.

“Besides.. You smell sweet, like home..” The werewolf said dazedly, nuzzling his nose into the merman’s neck and Jimin felt his face heat up again, mind becoming even more dizzy as he looked with bewilderment into the golden orbs of the other.

“Uh- I hope you don’t like f-fish for dinner-” Jimin stuttered out and the boy seemed to realize what he was doing, instantly pulling away with a furiously flushed face. Jimin let out a cry when he almost got dropped.

An awkward silence hung between them as they still continued on their way to Jimin’s dorm, the merman noticing with dismay that they were barely halfway there. 

“So, uh- Are you from Busan?” He asked and the boy instantly brightened up, nodding excitedly with a happy grin.

“Yup-! Oh, I’m Jungkook, by the way. Jeon Jungkook, maknae of the Bangtan pack!” The werewolf, Jungkook, introduced himself, pride lacing his voice when he mentioned his pack.

Jimin’s eyes widened, impressed and a little self-conscious that he was in the arms of a Bangtan pack member. He’s heard a lot about that pack. 

They sounded really cool. But they also sounded like trouble. 

Big bad wolves luring in small lambs before they sunk their claws into them.

“I’m Park Jimin.. Just The Merman Jimin, no pack..” He mumbled out, feeling silly and a lot like a loner. 

Did he even have any friends? There weren’t a lot of mermaids or mermen in this campus. 

Actually, Jimin hasn’t even seen someone else like him around.

“Does this happen often?” Jungkook asked, referring to Jimin’s white and blue tail. 

“It’s pretty, by the way.” Jungkook added as an afterthought, voice small and shy. Jimin smiled at him, feeling happy by the compliment.

“Thanks! I have the tail of a Siamese Fighting fish! It’s way more beautiful in the water though-” The merman babbled, unaware that he was starting to rant, the werewolf staring at him in amusement.

“And yes- This happens a lot! Those  Pixies always drenches me in water whenever I’m in a hurry to a class or on my way home- It’s annoying and frustrating!” Jimin huffed, crossing his arms as another pout pushed at his lips. 

He was actually really upset. 

Those Pixies had no reasons to do that to him at all. He had never done them any wrong to deserve this!

Jungkook’s eyes softened when he sensed the merman’s unhappy emotions.

“I think they’re just jealous..” Jungkook mumbled quietly, turning his head away to hide his embarrassed expression. Jimin felt better thanks to the werewolf’s words, a small, gratefull smile on his lips now as he gazed at the other.

“Thank you,” He said, leaning up to give Jungkook a kiss on his cheek. He watched in amusement as the other boy spluttered, face going red as he stared incredulously at Jimin.

“W-why did you do t-that?” Jungkook stuttered out and Jimin couldn’t help but giggle, the werewolf’s face becoming even more red by the sound. 

“That’s just the way I like to show my gratitude!” Jimin chirped, eyes curving into crescent moons as he beamed at Jungkook. 

The werewolf tried to will his rapidly beating heart to calm down.

They were nearing Jimin’s dormitory now and the merman was a little reluctant to part ways with the werewolf. 

Jungkook seemed to feel the same, as he looked at Jimin in contemplation.

“If- If those Pixies bothers you again, then just call for me- I’m a big and bad wolf, I can-” Jungkook said, trying not to run and hide away in shame. 

“God, I can’t believe I actually said that-” He muttered out at last and put his face in his hands, wishing the floor would just open up and swallow him. 

If his hyungs’ had heard what he’d just uttered then he’d never have lived it down. 

The tinkling laughter of the merman Jimin was worth it though.