CHAPTER 12 || Wannabe Sherlock's and Racy Pickup lines.

My Heart's Three Pointer! (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 12[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]“Sorry!” Sera shouted over her shoulder after bumping onto one of her peers, again. It had been ten minutes till 12 o’clock and running it took her two minutes to be standing in front of the library’s entrance. Now she had eight minutes to find the one particular book out of hundreds with the help of the library book reference number and return to class in time.

Without wasting time the brunette hurriedly walked towards the librarian who was busily typing on her computer. “Excuse me?” At the teenagers voice the middle aged woman looked up from the computer screen and raised her thin eyebrows. Sera placed the sticky-note on the counter “If I were to look for a book with this reference number where should I start?” Trying to sound as polite as possible despite being in a hurry. The woman examined the number series neatly written in the small, pink piece of paper and then straightened her arm pointing towards right. “Last shelf, next to the window.” “Thank you.”

‘3-12-7, -8,-9… -10. This is it.’ Sera pulled out the book and read the title out loud, “Only Yesterday…?” Curiously Sera opened the first page of the book which showed the credits for the book, then the next page which officially starts the story itself. ‘Only yesterday, everything was fine, nothing had changed but today everything has changed, everything’s not fine.’

“Hey student!” The gruff voice pulled the brunettes focus from the book to the old male teacher that was looking at her with his eyebrows furrowed together. “What are you still doing here? Classes are about to start.” Wait, what? Quickly glancing at her watch Sera’s eyes widened when the watch told her there would be only two minutes before the next period would start. Making sure to bow to the old teacher Sera quickly lent the book and hurriedly ran to her next class.

“Thank god…” Sera sighed in relief when she had made it into the classroom just before Mrs Kang, their English teacher. Pushing her dark violet glasses up her nose bridge the elder woman cleared , “Hwang Sera, you’re being asked to the teachers office. Everyone else, open your books from page 78.”

Everyone in the classroom pulled their English books out and stared reading page 78, all expect for two. Sera who now felt every single muscle in her body freeze and Yoongi who had noticed her reaction. Keeping his eyes on the brunette till she disappeared from his field of vision he wondered about her shocked reaction. Feeling a presence next to him Yoongi met eyes with Mrs Kang who was frowning at him disapprovingly. “Min Yoongi, what you should be focused on is page 78 eight not the door.” He then pulled his English book out and started reading the page. ‘Exactly, Min Yoongi. You’re supposed to focus on graduating, not on anything else.’ Scolding himself Yoongi stared at the unfamiliar foreign word in front of him. So this was the price of leaving things to the last minute. Looking around the classroom it seemed that he was the only one having trouble.

Sighing in frustration he raised his hand to ask for help. Now even the last drops of his pride had no meaning, it’s not like his pride would help graduate.

After arriving to the teachers’ office Sera was summoned by Mr Park to one of the counselling rooms which led to the conversation they were now having over cups of tea. “As your homeroom teacher I’m sorry for coming out so accusingly earlier today. Honestly the fact that something like this happened in our class just shocked me, but me coming out so accusingly must have shocked and scared you even more.” Surprised the teenager looked up from her lap to meet his eyes that showed the same guilt that had underlined his tone. “It’s fine.” Feeling a little flustered at Mr Park’s change of demeanour Sera tried to lighten the guilt her homeroom teacher was feeling but he wasn’t having it. “Fine? It’s not fine. It was irresponsible from me, an adult to act like that towards a student.”

Deciding to just give up the brunette just nodded and carefully voiced her concern, “So you don’t believe that the culprit was me?” At her question Mr Park shook his head and explained why, “I have been your homeroom teacher since the first year, right? In that time I’ve come to learn that you are a very honest and hardworking student. Doing something like this would be way out of your character. Even when you didn’t have any interest in studying you wouldn’t have done something like this.” The girl couldn’t help but to feel relieved and continue to listen to the middle-aged teacher explain further, “We will do a throughout investigation on this, to see if anything got caught in the surveillance cameras and also if there could be any chance of someone else being able to get their hands on the test questions.”

On her way back to class a seemingly younger boy student peeked at her from behind one of the pillars next to the main entrance of the school. Thinking that he was just a student coming in late who had thought she was a teacher and tried to avoid the nagging that would have come if he did run to a teacher Sera walked past him without too much concern.

Silently thanking the god Sera rested her head on her arms that were crossed on her desk, finally she only had one more hour before she would be able to leave this horrendous place. Why did someone even have to steal the test questions and make this mess? If they were so desperate for good grades they could have just studied. In the middle of her pitying her current situation one particular eye striking, hot-pink, coloured sticky

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter