CHAPTER 9 || Serendipity? More Like Bad Luck.

My Heart's Three Pointer! (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]CHAPTER 9[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]“You!” Zico and Sera gawked at each other, silenced by the surprise fate decided to throw their way. Zico was the first one to get something said as, both of their words had gotten stuck in their throats. “You…You work here?” Sera jumped slightly when Zico’s voice snapped her out of the shock she had been in. “Huh? …Yes. I do.”

Awkward silence fell upon the two of them as neither one of the two teens had anything to say. Heat climbed up Sera’s neck up to her face as the time when the two of them almost kissed popped up into her mind, at the worst time ever. ’I must’ve been crazy, absolutely out of my mind!’ At this moment all Sera could do about the blush creeping up to her face, was to pray that the blonde haired male in front of her had a bad eyesight. Which didn’t seem to be the case, considering the sly smirk that formed to Zico’s lips.

“Your face is really red, are you sick? Or is it that you’re embarrassed about the fact you almost kissed me the first time we met?”

“Don’t yell it out like th-… Wait! Haven’t we met before?”

“Wow… now you’re even using pickup lines on me? You really don’t hold back do you?”

“Excuse me? I think you understood wrong. I-“

“Hyung! What’s taking you so long?”

The sly smirk that graced Zico’s face slipped off when he came to face with a rather familiar dark head. “Zelo…” Choi Junhong better known as Zelo, walked over to the counter and stood next Zico while giving the older boy dubious look.

‘How come this boy is so tall? He looks young but he must be almost two meters tall.’ Sera thought when she moved her neck into a rather uncomfortable position, to get a better look at the unfamiliar boy’s face but her stoic expression changed into one of wonder when the young giant had relocated his dubious look towards her. Zelo looked between the two older teens one more time before sifting his attention completely to Zico.

“Hyung, did you necklet us because you were… flirting?” The younger boy particularly emphasised the word ‘flirting’ with disgust, while giving the older male a betrayed look. “How could you? Do you know how hard it has been to listen Himchan-hyung complain about everything that has gone wrong today?” Sera had no idea what the said male was like but hearing the exhausted tone that Zelo was using didn’t exactly encourage her to know either.

Seeing the smug smirk slip off the arrogant blondes face, Sera felt a sudden flash of amusement. And her fun didn’t seem to end here when Zelo started pouting, pulling the guilty conscience cart out. “You know how Himchan-hyung gets if he doesn’t get his daily dose of caffeine…”

As if on cue a snappy voice rang from the very last table at the very corner of the café “Choi Junhong! Where are my earplugs?!” Zelo sighed and gave Zico one last pleading look before walking, rather unwillingly, to the owner of the voice.

“So, for the order-“ Zico turned his attention back to Sera in thoughts of finally ordering their drinks before his rowdy riot of friend were going to tear the whole place into pieces. He unfortunately got stuck mid-sentence when his hazel eyes were met with the amusement that glinted in her chocolate brown eyes as she smirked at him the exact same way he had, while teasing her, just moments ago.

“So for the order…?” Sera trailed off urging him to voice the order since she had hunch that it was going to be the record order at the length category.

When Sera had thought that the rowdy groups order was going to set a record in the length category, she wasn’t wrong. The receipt that she handed Zico while handing him the change had exactly thirteen drinks listed in it. If making the drinks was already going to be a huge work, Sera didn’t even want to think about serving them all to the group of Goreyo High’s students.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter