Two

Witchy

"Hi!"

 

Dahyun looked harsh at the guy who greeted her at the corridor. It was Taehyung again. He was the same cocky guy who called her autistic few days ago. People can call her witch whenever they want but autistic is a big insult for her and she can never forgive him for that.

 

She didn't know his intention why he wants to get close to her and she’s pretty sure it will never happen since she doesn't like him. He's the only person who had the nerve to talk and pester her life every time they met and she hates him that even more. Dahyun's schoolmates were scared and don’t like to be with her ever since the witch thing came up and she knew who's responsible for this entire rumour about her. None other than Yeonjun, her cousin.

 

Yeonjun used to call her a witch. That was started when she secretly entered her room without permission and saw her shelf with full of fictional books about witches and other supernatural creatures.

 

She never imagined that she'll be popular in the whole campus just because of Yeonjun and her lame stories about her.

 

She admit it, she's not really friendly and she prefer to be alone all the time. She used to be a loner ever since her parents passed away due to a car accident and that memories made the scar swollen again. It was her aunt who took care of her but she could feel how much Yeonjun dislikes her and was so against with her mother's decisions about adopting her.

 

Dahyun is planning to leave the house as soon as she graduated college to avoid any tension to rise between her and Yeonjun. Well, even though she ignored her, the girl seems have no intention to stop bashing and trolling her. What she hates the most about Yeonjun is she keeps intruding and interrupting her privacy.  Yeonjun might want to dig more about her life so she can gossip it to others and totally destroy her image. Well, she didn’t bother to explain herself to others since it shunned away unwanted people around. Nobody seemed to have the nerve to mess up and no man ever shows interest or court her as they are too afraid to be cursed. But she’s totally wrong; there is actually a guy here in school who was not scared of her image as a witch.

 

Taehyung just smiled at her. “Where are you going?”

 

Dahyun usually didn’t answer whatever questions he asks and pretended that she hears nothing. But she guesses it’s time for her to say something sour so he may stop annoying her. “To hell, you wanna come?”

 

“Whew! Sure! Wherever you go, I will follow you.” He said enthusiastically. 

 

How she wish she really have a magical power so she can throw him now to the other planet. This guy is really getting on her nerve.

 

“Are you serious?” She asked, raising a brow.

 

“Absolutely serious, c’mon let’s go!” In her surprise, Taehyung grabbed her wrist but she quickly pulled out her hand from his grasp and glared at him. How dare him to touch her!

 

“Oh, I thought we’re going to hell?

 

“Don’t you ever do that again!” Dahyun warned.

 

“Do what?” he asked innocently.

 

Dahyun rolled her eyes and walked straight at the cafeteria, leaving Taehyung alone. She felt tired talking to that guy and she thinks that it’s much better to ignore him than wasting her energy discussing with him.

 

She was about to eat her lunch when someone sat across her. “Why, Dahyun?  Why do you isolate yourself to others?” Oh she thought he was gone already.

 

“It’s none of your business so leave me alone,”

 

“I just want us to be friends? Is that a sin?”

 

“Yes it’s a sin! So leave before I turn you into something you might regret.”

 

He smiled teasingly at her. “Like what? Like turning my fine-looking face into a monster? Well I want you to turn me now otherwise I wouldn’t believe that you’re a witch.”

 

Without any warn, Dahyun slapped the plastic plate with spaghetti on his face that made Taehyung froze in shock. “Try to bother me again and you will surely be cursed.” Dahyun could hear the whisper and felt the eyes of all the students as she makes her way toward the exit of the cafeteria.