Four

Witchy

Taehyung arrived at Jin’s party too late. He proceeded straight to the back yard on which the party was being held. Suga and Jungkook approached him as soon as he appeared in the crowd.

 

“Dude your late!” Suga put his arm around his shoulder and steered him toward his friends dancing crazily around the dance floor and then joined them.

 

“This party is off the hook,” shouted Jimin as he was dancing with Jin and three other girls. He was in the circle as they surrounded him. They were playing “Uptown Funk” by Mark Ronson feat. Bruno Mars. They were doing the latest dance steps and just moved their body with the music.

 

The dance floor suddenly filled up with people, with spotlights scattering all over the place and then the beat dropped. Taehyung left the dance floor as he felt his stomach growling and headed to the buffet to get food.

 

Out of the corner of his eye Taehyung caught a glimpse of a woman standing up in the balcony in Jin’s two-story house. It took him only a moment to realize that it was Dahyun which made him shiver. What the hell she was doing there?

 


 

Dahyun slipped inside her room after a quick glance in her cousin's farewell party at the garden. Her aunt and Jin tried to persuade her to join the party but she declined them. She didn't like parties and the crowd. She prefers to be alone in her room than socializing with unfamiliar people. Her life was like the very dark sky at the waning of the moon. That was why she was fascinated with the shade of the colour black.

 

Dahyun likes the form of the moon this evening and it was the perfect time to cleanse her body from negative energies that seemed to have suffocated her. Well, she was not a witch in the popular sense of the word. She practices spell craft for soul cleansing, and to remove negative thoughts and energies away from her.

 

Lately, she had been keeping a lot of negative feelings inside. She knew she had attracted a lot of negative energies and forces, especially whenever she felt too much anger.

 

Dahyun sat in front of the table and puts the three white candles into a circle and light it one by one. She closed her eyes and tried to clear her mind and concentrate. Finally, she uttered the incantation with raised hands.

 

"Spirit of earth, water, fire and wind. Please take thee thy negative forces..." she stops when she suddenly felt someone’s presence inside her room and hastily turning her head at the door. She could see a body of a man standing in the door frame and tries to identify who interrupted her soul cleansing. Her eyes winded as he opened the light and clearly saw Taehyung who also has the same expression just like her.

 

“What are you.... doing?”  He reacts as though he has seen a ghost.

 

She raised a brow. “Should I be the one to ask you that? What are you doing in my room?!” Dahyun yelled.

 

Instead of answering her question, Taehyung stepped inside towards her and took the book she’s using and started to flip its pages. “What’s this? Are you really a witch?” He looked at her astonishingly, holding her book up high.

 

“Yah! Give it back to me you bastard!” she stood up and tries to take it from him by jumping as high as she can but still no luck. A reluctant smile nudged the corners of his lips curve upward that made Dahyun body fumed with anger.

 

She pushed him forcedly that made Taehyung loose his balance but then he automatically grabs her shirt and they both fell on the floor. Dahyun opened her eyes from collision only to find out that they’ve accidentally gotten to first base. Her lips landed on his that made her freak out and scream in terror at the back of her mind.

 

Dahyun stood up quickly and glared at Taehyung who huddles in corner like the one who just had a traumatic experience. “I’m sorry, it’s.... an accident” he clarified as he slowly standing up with his apologetic face.

 

She took a deep breath to release her anger. “Please leave.” She commanded not looking at him. Her mind is still not functioning properly after the incident. It was actually her first kiss, and she can’t believe that this most irritating creature was her first kiss.

 

“You’re not mad?” Taehyung’s face gradually brightens as he doesn’t spot any resentment in her face. He stretched out her hand to give back her book with his consolation smile. “Hey don’t tell me this is your first kiss?” Taehyung inquires teasingly but didn’t receive any response from Dahyun. “Hey c’mon, you don’t need to be shy… you must be proud that you’ve got your first kiss with me.”

 

She clenched her fist locked tightly and then without any warn Dahyun punched his face hard. “Leave! I don’t want to see your face ever again!” She growled.

 

Taehyung looked on in disbelief while touching his crimson face and then left the room speedy as if someone’s chasing him.