Chapter 8

Dirty Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was an unpleasantly cold winter night of Seoul; dark, mystifying, the moon was sheltered by the murky looming clouds. The watch was showing it was almost around 11 o' clock. It seemed KyuJong was perhaps the only living creature at the Han riverside. The cold that had seemed mild at first now numbed his face. The biting cold chilled his fingers into clumsy numbness. Cold seeped into his toes and spread painfully throughout his feet as if it were his bare feet rather than his sneakers. The thin jacket wasn't doing much good. His body heat didn't so much as leach out slowly with each chilly breeze abandoning him with callous speed to leave him helpless and shivering violently.

KyuJong was stubborn enough to not return to the dorm even after he encountered such bone-chilling cold. He kept on convincing himself that he could not face Jungmin at the moment and neither could he face their maknae who probably would hold him at fault for losing Jungmin's affection to him. Heartbroken and shocked to the core, KyuJong refused to return even though the weather was bitterly unfavourable. His mind reflected over all the twists and turns of events that took place during the filming of this fated album which resulted into giving rise to all these complications.

Success do has its qualms. The sweet success of "Dark Desire" came with the expense of their friendship and brotherhood. KyuJong willed all of these to be some sort of a nightmare which would dissolve when he would open his eyes. He sighed and closed his eyes. He only witnessed a pitch black darkness behind his eyelids and felt as if the large looming presence of that darkness was slowly but surely consuming all the light in his heart. A chill of fear ran through Kyu's spine giving him goosebumps and he promptly opened his eyes.

He saw a figure standing before him. In that dark night Kyu could not even take a look at the person's face but somehow he didn't feel any uncomfortable aura. In other words, the figure standing infront of Kyu felt familiar in many ways. Kyu's words came out in a weird way as he shivered in the cold once more, "Who is it?"

"Do you even know how worried everyone is?" The deep voice of Park Jungmin full of agitation greeted Kyu.

Kyu almost choked on his spit hearing Jungmin's voice. His voice cracked when he spoke, "W-What are y-you doing here?"

"I came to fetch you," Jungmin sounded calm and collected whereas Kyu's mind was already in a turmoil.

"How did you know where I was?"

"I did not. I was searching for you and somehow found you half dead at the Han riverside. The least you could do was bring an extra jacket if you were to sit and look at the night scenery here." Jungmin's sarcasm hit Kyu and his temper boiled.

"Do you think I was in a position to? Do you know how shocked I was...to hear you say you have feelings for me? What was I suppose to do?" Kyu screamed at Jungmin.

"You weren't supposed to hear it."

"But I did," Kyu exclaimed.

"And what did you do? You just turned around and ran away?" Jungmin sounded irritated now.

"What else could I do?" Kyu said in an inaudible voice.

"Face me KyuJong... you can just face me." Jungmin shook him by his shoulder. 

Kyu flinched from the contact and twisted his shoulder to remove it from Jungmin's hold. Then he said in a low tone, "And further hurt Hyungjun, the way you have hurt him?"

"I-I...I did not...", Jungmin stuttered.

Kyu interrupted in between, "Don't say you did not. Everyone could see how much Hyungjun was in love with you. Don't tell me you knew nothing."

"Fine... I knew he liked me but what can I do? I can't bring myself to return his feelings. This is not something which can be done voluntarily."

"Did you even try?" Kyu sounded exasperated.

"Try? Do you think one can love someone just by trying? If someone can, then he or she is a great person. But I, Park Jungmin just can't." Jungmin took a deep breath and said, "I loved you from a very long time. Even after knowing that you had feelings for Young Saeng hyung, I couldn't stop loving you."

Kyu was looking at the ground while Jungmin was speaking his heart out. Just as he took Young Saeng's name, Kyu looked up. "You know about me liking Saeng hyung?"

"Yes...I observed you enough to know all your emotions." Jungmin said in a heavy voice.

KyuJong could only stare at the charismatic man infront of him. His mind got blank for a moment. Many doubts and queries were coming into his mind crowding over it and creating a thick haze. Was he too obvious in his actions? He always was cautious and he had a feeling that he had always shown equal affection to every member of the group disregarding his personal feelings. Definitely he was close to Young Saeng but he had always made sure to act like a good friend. But Jungmin's observation made him reflect more on his behaviour. Did someone else also observe it? He just hoped now, that Young Saeng or HyunJoong had not got a hint yet.

KyuJong was so lost in his thought that he failed to notice Jungmin come closer. He was drawn to reality when he felt a soft pressure on his lips. Kyu's eyes widened when he realized Jungmin was kissing him. He promptly pushed Jungmin away as he stepped back and yelled, "What the hell do you think you are doing?"

"Trying to make you see reality." Jungmin answered simply.

"Excuse me? By kissing me what are you trying to prove?" Kyu was really irritated by now.

"I want to prove my love to you. I want you to see me as someone special in your life. I want to break your fairy tale illusion of your never-existing love story with Young Saeng hyung. I want you to be mine as much as I'm your's." Jungmin's voice broke at the end.

Kyu was startled hearing Jungmin break down before him but he held his stand and said, "You can't expect me to run into your arms right away. Also, Hyungjun could not be exposed to anymore burden than he currently is under. Also I'm still i

Please log in to read the full chapter