Chapter 4

Dirty Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

The y charisma of SS501, Park Jungmin was resting after a rigorous series of dance practise and vocal training. He was sitting in one corner of the studio checking his SNS notifications and fanmails while keeping a close watch at his bandmates who were still repeating the dance routine... well all except himself and the maknae of the group who was practising his rap portions in the adjacent room.

Jungmin was intently eyeing the centre of SS501, Kim KyuJong, while thoroughly putting up a serious face on the front and checking his mobile, but who knows better than Jungmin himself that it was just a cover to ensure he could watch the favourite group member of his uninterrupetd. Hyungjun might be the friend whose friendship he treasured, though they bickered a lot but his coveted relation with KyuJong was on another level, atleast in Jungmin's mind. 

Jungmin had always been fond of Kyu. His admiration could be traced back to their trainee days. Jungmin had a soft corner for the sensitive centre of SS501 which gradually developed into something more but he never spoke to anyone about his personal dilemma. As of now also, while watching Kyu dance, Jungmin felt awestruck and he wanted nothing more than to hug the man and blurt out all his pent up feelings for Kyu. 

The oblivious centre was absolutely unaware of Jungmin's feelings towards him. He was putting all his efforts in the dance practise as usual. With his every move, the overpowering desire within Jungmin's mind was raising upto the point where his power of endurance was almost getting exhausted. He was but a man with needs! Jungmin's eyes were roaming over the entire structure of Kyu. That tall lean figure, that handsome face, that innocent and beautiful smile, those slight muscles which were now even more prominent as Kyu was sweating profusely and the t-shirt stuck to his sweat-glistened skin... was literally taking a toll on Jungmin's sanity. Unconsciously, he his lips while he followed every move made by KyuJong.

Their practise were coming to an end. For one last time they would be repeating the exercise, even Hyungjun was called from the adjacent room where he was practising his raps. Jungmin joined them and took his position beside Hyungjun. The music started playing and they started to move along with it. They almost reached the middle when KyuJong tripped and fell over. Young Saeng being the closest rushed over to Kyu, followed by the leader. The choreographer joined them and examined Kyu closely.

Somehow the chaos reached the ears of their director who immediately called for medical help. Apparently Kyu was feeling dizzy and tripped while dancing and after he fell, he hurt his ankle. Jungmin tried his best to comfort the ailing man but he could see KyuJong was seeking attention mosly from Young Saeng and HyunJoong joined in too. Jungmin felt left out. True, Hyungjun was also not much of help but Hyungjun was the maknae after all, and it was a habit of all the members to shield him from any sort mishaps. Jungmin, himself, used to do it always, even though he bickered a lot with the youngest member of their group. But, when it came to Jungmin, it was nothing of that sort. Kyu and others could have atleast involved him but he felt he was as much of an audience as Hyungjun and any other person present on the set.

Jungmin hated it when his presence was being ignored or he was not included in mainstream action. He might appear a very self opinionated individual, who always was eager to seek attention and tried to prove he was the best, but nobody could actually see through this mask and venture into the deepest corner of his mind. There they could find the lonely boy who loved to be surrounded by people. He hated to be left with himself all alone. He wanted people to pamper him and he wanted people to spare some attention towards him. That was the real Park Jungmin, who was known to very few people. 

So, after watching the proceedings of Kyu's injury, Jungmin quietly secluded himself in a distance and observed the ongoings. The doctor came in a while and gave medications for Kyu's dizziness and asked to get an X-ray for the injured ankle to check the intensity of the damage. Jungmin saw how KyuJong's face scrunched up in pain when the doctor moved his leg a bit in order to check on him. Jungmin balled his fists tightly watching how badly Kyu was suffering and how helpless he was. He could only watch as his beloved went through that pain.

Jungmin felt a pang of jealousy course through his entire body as he watched how Young Saeng held Kyu's hand all the while the doctor was examining his ankle and putting it into a crepe bandage. How he wished to be in Young Saeng's place! Only God knew that he would trade anything to take Saeng's place beside Kyu. 

What was so good about the lead vocalist anyway? Other than his singing, Young Saeng was too quiet, too mysterious, never mingled much, mostly kept to himself, though he was close to Kyu, but even the other members of the group were also close to Kyu. KyuJong had such kind of personality that he could befriend everyone and be their confidant. Jungmin sometimes wanted nothing more than to steal Kyu and lock him somewhere only he could reach. If somebody called him possessive for having these type of thoughts regardings his fellow bandmate and let it be because at the end he knew he was in love with their centre.

With that fact, Jungmin was aware of another fact, which caused him immense pain whenever he remembered it. And that fact was, though Jungmin was in love with KyuJong, his feelings were not reciprocated and probably won't ever be reciprocated because Kyu had always set his eyes on Young Saeng. Jungmin knew he had no chance and that he could not fight with the perfection of their enigmatic lead vocalist, so he had kept his feelings to himsel

Please log in to read the full chapter