Chapter 7

Dirty Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

Young Saeng's vision was blurry with unshed tears so he failed to notice the figure beside the door of the room where HyunJoong and him exchanged a heated conversation. The person who came pick up the leader and the lead vocalist from the photoshoot was the centre, KyuJong. He could not witness the kiss that the two eldest members shared but he heard almost all the words exchanged between them, if not spoken too low.

KyuJong's heart broke hearing the words exchanged between the two. He felt a tremendous pain when he heard HyunJoong almost confessed indirectly. He might have not said the three 'magic' words but whatever came out HyunJoong's mouth was more than enough of a heartfelt confession. KyuJong's ears also made out what Young Saeng said. Literally, Saeng rejected HyunJoong's advances and for a brief period, Kyu rejoiced the fact. But when he witnessed the utterly broken Saeng coming out of the room who had endless tears flowing out of his eyes, Kyu knew for sure, whatever Young Saeng told HyunJoong was to keep the man away delibeartely for some reasons which in no way is related to Saeng not loving him because KyuJong could witness the broken expression on the lead vocalist's face. It was too evident that Saeng also loved HyunJoong.

That moment was the moment of disillusionment for Kim KyuJong. It hurt him extremely to accept and he felt his heart being torn to pieces but he could no longer overlook the fact that Young Saeng's heart belonged to someone other than himself. The said man was never his to begin with. The realization moistened Kyu's eyes but he sustained himself and did not break down promptly because he could not let HyunJoong see him crying. So, he quickly left the place. Undoubtedly, KyuJong showed great mental strength by the way he acted.

KyuJong wanted to look for Young Saeng because he could easily decipher the mental and emotional state of the said man. He badly wanted to follow Young Saeng. But his rational mind stopped him from going after Young Saeng. KyuJong knew he was at his limit. He would not be able to bear anymore heartbreak. His heart was bleeding already. If he went after Young Saeng, right now, he would have to witness the lead vocalist crying over his unfortunate love story, which sadly for Kyu, involved not himself but HyunJoong. It would definitely be the most painful scene to comfort the man whom he loved all these years crying over another man. 

Thus, Kyu put a tranquil front and walked upto the car where the manager was waiting. The first thing that Kyu saw was Young Saeng inside the car. Stains of tears were evident on his face and the man looked broken and miserable. Kyu felt his heart twist in a painful manner. Young Saeng was blankly staring at the front. He didn't even bother to greet Kyu.

The manager's voice pulled him out of his dazed state. "Where is HyunJoong? He didn't come with you?"

KyuJong saw an involuntary shiver ran through Saeng's still posture hearing HyunJoong's name. Kyu turned to the manager and lied, "I don't know. I couldn't find him."

The manager stared at Kyu suspiciously for a while but never commented further. They decided to wait for HyunJoong. The manager kept making calls to HyunJoong and each call was going unanswered followed by a series of futile scoffs of the manager. During this whole time, Kyu's eyes never left Young Saeng's gloomy and depressed face. KyuJong failed to understand, if both of them were so much in love with each other, then for what reason they had to immerse themselves in such painful conditions deliberately. Also, this entire time Kyu was standing by the car with the manager waiting for HyunJoong, surprisingly, Young Saeng did not utter a single word, not even a geeting. It felt as if Saeng was only bodily present and his mind was elsewhere.

For waiting what seems like forever, they spotted HyunJoong coming towards the car. His face was hard and stoic, not a single streak of emotion could be detected, completely blank. It was like a face of a lifeless statue. 'Lifeless'... that was the only prominent word KyuJong could think of seeing HyunJoong. The man looked like a corpse. It was a torture to see him like that. Even Kyu could not help and averted his glance. Watching them, Kyu had a feeling that his heartbreak is perhaps nowhere near these two.

The manager's voice caught his attention. "Ahh...there you are HyunJoong. We're waiting so long. Get inside. Kyu...you too. We need to hurry back to the dorm."

Kyu didn't even realize just when his eyes travelled to Saeng. He could clearly detect, Saeng flinched hearing HyunJoong's name.  Young Saeng's reaction left Kyu almost dumbfounded. How bad was it? How much deep-rooted the problem was? KyuJong's head was spinning with so many unanswered questions.

The drive back to the dorm was one of the most awkward drives KyuJong had ever had. He was forced to sit between the upset couple who even denied to look at each other. Its not that they looked at each other frequently even under normal circumstances but now that they fought with each other, it had turned worse. KyuJong could see the grieved look on both of their faces. Once he saw a tear roll down HyunJoong's cheek. Kyu felt a seering pain watching the mighty leader succumb to such sorrow. That's when he determined that he would bring them together, even he had to go through worse pain.

In the dorm:

In the fairly large dorm of SS501, only Jungmin and Hyungjun was present. They came back from practise early. Kyu went to pick up HyunJoong and Young Saeng with the manager from the studio where they were doing a photoshoot. 

Hyungjun was in the washroom freshening up. Jungmin was boiling two packs of instant ramyun for him and the maknae. Usually Jungmin never did aything for anyone save himself. He was after all the self-conceited Park Jungmin. But today it was different. Jungmin was exceptionally unmindful. What he saw earlier in the practise studio was still bothering him. He could sense the tension between HyunJoong and Young Saeng. He could see how miserable their leader was and the lead vocalist wasn't any better. Both were suffering too much.

Jungmin was deep in his thoughts. He did not notice the ramyun was getting overcooked. He also did not notice Hyungjun coming into the kitchen, freshly showered wearing a loose fit jeans and a white t-shirt.

"Yah! Jungmin-ah, where is your mind? You almost burnt the ramyun..." Saying this Hyungjun hurriedly switched off the burner.

Surprisingly, Jungmin did not retort back at all. For the instant he did not say anything. He just quietly took out some bowls from the cabinet and poured the ramyun into

Please log in to read the full chapter