(V)

Little Things

When the time comes, Taeyeon packs Prince Fluffy into his dog bag and puts him on the passenger seat beside her. “We’re going to see your mommy soon, Prince.” Hearing his name, Prince Fluffy barks and Taeyeon giggles. “You’re adorable. Just like your mommy.”

Taeyeon whistles as she drives and thinks about Tiffany’s beautiful smile that she’s bound to see when she returns Prince Fluffy to her. Of course, that smile would be for Prince Fluffy. Not her. But she likes seeing Tiffany smile regardless of who it is for. A message from Tiffany tells her she’s gotten them a table. She parks her car quickly and hurries to the stall with Prince Fluffy in his dog bag.

“Taeyeon! Over here!”

Taeyeon scans the view before her and spots a pair of swinging arms. “Fany!” she calls and heads over to the table with a happy heart. She sets the dog bag on a stool and they embrace. There is a tinge of longing in Taeyeon as she hugs Tiffany close to her and for a moment, Tiffany seems to be leaning in more than she needs to as well. But the hug ends and Taeyeon isn’t sure anymore.

She finds herself looking a little too long at Tiffany as they eat and pulls her eyes away. But not before Tiffany notices.

“What?”

Forced to feign ignorance, Taeyeon puts on what she hopes is a clueless expression. “Huh?”

“You dodged when I looked at you.”

“I did?”

“You did.”

“I wasn’t aware.”

“Really.”

“Mhm.”

Tiffany leans forward, elbows on the table, and props her chin on her hands. “Is there something weird on my face?”

Taeyeon nearly chokes on her pork slice. “What?”

“You’ve been staring at me since the pork arrived.”

“I’m just amazed by how much you can eat.”

Tiffany pouts. “I don’t eat that much.”

“You eat more than what you look like you would eat.”

“Is that a compliment?”

“You can take it as a compliment.”

“Okay . . .” Tiffany smiles. “You’re adorable.”

Taeyeon freezes. Did Tiffany just say she’s adorable? “I’m not.”

“Yes, you are. You’re just like a kid sometimes. Cute.”

Taeyeon winces. If Tiffany thinks she’s cute, it’s not likely she’ll . . . but what is she even thinking? Tiffany is a client. Someone who only contacts her because she takes care of her dog. They can be friends but anything more than that is fantasy.

“You don’t seem to like it when I say you’re cute.”

Taeyeon shakes her head. “Nah, I’m fine with it. I mean, I’m a mature adult but I can be cute too.”

Tiffany giggles. “I’m not saying you’re not a mature adult. You are an adult. You are a mature woman. I’m aware of that.”

Taeyeon isn’t sure how she can respond to a statement like that. “Okay,” is what she manages to get out after a pause.

Tiffany beams. And Taeyeon gets lost in Tiffany’s eyes again.

=

Dinner ends way too soon. They return to their cars, Taeyeon by herself, Tiffany with Prince Fluffy, and leave in high spirits. Taeyeon hums all the way home and hums as she enters her apartment. She hums as she takes a shower and hums as she slouches on her couch, only stopping when she puts on some soft music. She closes her eyes and hugs her cushion. In her mind, the dinner is replayed. And the goodbye, when Tiffany hugs her again. So many hugs. The thought lifts her lips.

Just a little bit more. A bit more before I sleep.

Did u get home safe?

Yeah. U?

I’m home too. Thanks for the treat.
I had a really good time.

I enjoyed myself too. You’re great company (:

XD

You are. Believe it.

I believe.

Good.

So what r u doing rn?

I’m sitting in my bathtub.

All kinds of inappropriate images flash through Taeyeon’s mind.

Wah…

Do u have a bathtub at home?

No :(

You can come over and use mine if you want

R u serious?

Totally.

Really?!!??!?!?!

I’m not kidding. When r u free to come over?

Shouldn’t I be asking u that qn?

Ha ha. I guess u r right. I’m free next week.

Let me know which day it is and
I’ll be there.

Ok I’ll let u know (:

Do I sound too eager? What am I even saying?! Oh God . . .

=

The home buddy is back (:

B7s4XY5IYAAtj5I[1]