CHAPTER 9 - The Roles Reversed

Remember me, that exists now

== Chapter 9 ==

                                                                                                                  The Roles Reversed                                                                                                         

“I’ll wait, I really will wait for you” Were his last words, and often Jimin really wished the other was really still there, in that station stop waiting for him, as Jimin sat there by himself for hours. It was as if their roles were now reversed, and in fact those words now belonged to Jimin, and it was him repeating them over and over again in his head for the other to hear, waiting for Jungkook to show up any minute.

 

Sometimes he would just sit there with his hoodie up, hiding away his face and sobbing in a low voice. More than often, he would sit there staring blankly, oblivious to everything that was happening around him.

 

Even the days were different now, if not so much for the others, it felt at least greatly so for him. It wasn’t as if he never laughed or joked around, but there was always something tugging at his heart and something stirring at the pit of his stomach. On many days he felt as if there was something stuck in his throat, choking him up, and he could not bring himself to speak during them.

 

He couldn’t lie to himself, even if he tried, he always felt aching pain somewhere within his body, and he knew the coward he needed to blame for it so well. He could see the cowards face in the mirror each morning, and at some point he began avoiding his own reflection. 

 

==

 

This day wasn’t any different from his usual days at the station. He sat there lifelessly on one of the benches. It was already dark around him, and the cold evening air was beginning to cool down his whole body. He looked at his wrist watch; it was already so late- late enough for the last train to be approaching soon. It was his first time staying here till this late of time, and he pondered for a moment as to what to do next. After some more thought he now decided to stay till the last train had gone past. It didn’t take long, till the cold breeze brought over the sound of the approaching train. Now looking at the nearing train, he could only wonder -guess- how long did the other wait for him, before accepting that Jimin was not coming?

 

He watched as the train was getting nearer and nearer, till it was there before his eyes; watching as it came to a halt. The door opened, and there was an inviting warm breeze that oozed out. Whether it was real, or if it was his own imagination playing this late at night on his tired mind, when he heard the final beeping warning that the doors will be closing, he felt his body leap forward with all its strength, as he darted for the now closing door.

 

He breathed hard, and his mind felt dizzy, not yet able to grasp what had happened, and when everything sharply moved, he fell to the floor, now looking at his surroundings, his mind feeling cloudy.

 

He was on the train.

 

-

 

“What stop sir?” Was the gentle voice of a lady - with a very warm smile- Jimin noted.

 

“W-” he coughed slightly, at the painful tug in his throat, from all the cold air he had breathed in just 20 minutes ago. “What is the last stop?” he asked, feeling stupid at his own realisation of what he was doing; or rather at the idea that he had no idea what he was doing, or at what he even planned to do.

 

“Busan main station” the lady replied with a small giggle.

 

“That one” Jimin said shyly; more so embarrassed by how he must have looked in her eyes, as he reached for his wallet.

 

=

 

The brightness and warmness woke him up. The sun rays begged him to open his eyes and to look out to the glittering sea under its warm touch and how beautiful it all was. He could only sit there and watch in awe, at how beautiful the sea before him was. He watched the seagulls flying low, and the dazzling sand being washed over by the small waves.

 

It all felt so unreal, as much as his own presence in this train- so far from home or anyone he knew. There was no plan, not even as much as an idea of what he was to do once he reached this last stop; whether he was to get on the first train heading back, or to stay there for the day. He barely even managed to stop himself from leaving at any given station and heading back, till he came to the agreement that he was already on the train, and that maybe doing something as stupid and thoughtless as this may help him easy his thoughts of the other.

 

After taking in as much as he could, he went for his phone that resided in his pocket. He took it out, as he pressed the button to turn it on, and then it was followed by a log of all the missed calls and messages. He firstly looked through each one of the latter; they were all more or less obvious messages.

 

 ‘Are you ok?’

 

‘Where are you?’

 

‘Why aren’t you home yet?’

 

‘Why aren’t you answering your phone?’

 

That was surprisingly the first time he had switched off his phone since that day- that Jungkook left. He was so scared and frightened that the other would call him that day so he had switched off his phone, yet after he was so scared he would miss a call from the other… if Jungkook had decided to call him ever again, that he always kept his phone on and near him.

 

It was a quick call to his parents, telling them he was fine and that he had decided to stay at the games café and had fallen asleep; about how he hadn’t realised his phone ran out of battery and when he did realise, and got the chance to charge it was already this early in the morning. Yet the better question to it all was, why wasn’t he going home yet?

 

“I’m taking a quick trip to a temple. I’ll call you on my way back home.” That was the calls end. He was sure that his parents knew something was way off from his tone, the story itself or even how unorganised it all was. Even he didn’t believe. Yet, it still didn’t matter to him in that moment; it did not even linger in his head after the call ended.

 

-

 

“Next station is Busans central station” Was the notice from the speaker. His eyes automatically darted upwards; as if it would make any difference to what was being said; as if he could read the words that were coming out of the speaker. He studied the speaker for a while, finally focusing his gaze around the carriage he was on.

 

He had noticed how quite it had been all this time, but only now had he realize how alone he had been during this whole trip. There was not even a single passenger on his carriage. He was there all alone.

 

He watched once again through the window into the open sea, glancing to his side occasionally to see the distance nearing between him and the station.

 

=

 

There he was, with his feet on the ground- looking as clueless as he could. Not knowing where to go or even what he wanted to do here.

 

He looked to his side, deciding to head in the same direction as the few other passengers were heading at, that had gotten off with him from the other train carriages. He barely even took any steps before he froze. There were shivers going up and down his whole body. The familiar choking feel in his throat resurfacing, and that sickness in his stomach, not even sure if it was due to being hungry, or by the fact that there was a boy sitting there on the bench waiting for someone, and more sickly, Jimin knowing perfectly well who that boy was waiting for.

 

                                                                                    AUTHOR's NOTES                                                                                 

Anyone ever felt like staying on their train/bus, even if it was your stop approaching? I think it's the rainy weather that does it... makes you feel all sentimental, and you can't help but start day-dreaming contemplate your whole existence...ಥ_ಥ not that i would know... ≧▼≦ ...( ಥ⌣ಥ )

Although this chapter is Cloudy...hopefully next one will get Sunnier! ≧▼≦ 

Once again, thank you to those who took time to comment(I really enjoy reading comments...) and subscribed!!XD