CHAPTER 4 - Out in the Open

Remember me, that exists now

== Chapter 4 ==

                                                                                                                   Out in the Open                                                                                                           

No matter how much Jimin tried to act oblivious and ignorant, just the idea itself kept fuelling his suspicions and each time he looked at Jungkook he couldn’t help but wonder. Wonder if the other liked him… more than a friend.

 

At first he thought that Jungkook was still angry and mad at him, but slowly these thoughts began to get replaced with other thoughts. The thoughts of how one acted when he liked someone. Once he thought of that, that was the beginning of continues observations and speculations about each and every little action that Jungkook made.

 

He didn’t know how to feel or what he was meant to do in such situation. What made it worse, was the inability to tell or ask anyone else about it. Whether his speculations were right or wrong, he would seem odd for bringing up such subject, not that he even thought he had the guts to bring it up.

 

-

 

As time went by, he could almost see how much it was eating the other apart, and he felt guilty for just watching the other suffer. However, it was also scary to bring it up, just to find out he was wrong all along, and make the other mad at him once again. Having first hand witnessed and felt what Jungkook was like when mad, made him feel slightly cautions of the other even now.

 

But what if he was right…? Jungkook was his best friend, and to leave the other to suffer without turning him down and letting him move on, was almost like stabbing Jungkook in the back. Something had to be done, and he knew that with Jungkooks pride even if Jimin was right, Jungkook would still never bring it up himself, and so everything was in his own hands. 

 

==

 

“Do you love me?” Those were the exact words from the other that made him go completely numb and blank to the point that he could only stare at the other in bewilderment. Even so, his body seemed to understand and respond to everything first, and a feeling he never felt before overwhelmed his whole body. It felt like all of his emotions mixed into one horrible one. He could only guess the feelings of horror, fear and distress were the strongest emotions of them all.

 

Junkooks expression grew angry, and his eyes automatically becoming teary “Stop it!” he shouted angrily, he didn’t want to hear anything anymore. He wanted to hide, hide in hope that it will all go away, this situation, this disgusting feeling within him and this whole moment in his life. He fell back onto his bed, his legs feeling weak and unsteady, and the thought of hiding himself came back, as he desperately and hurriedly grabbed for his bed covers to pull over his face. “Get out” he commanded the other, his voice sounding muzzled through the covers.

 

-

 

Jungkook cried, with the covers still over his face and he could feel the mattress bending in slightly next to him from the weight of the other who now laying down beside him. Jimin didn’t say anything to him, he stayed silent and Jungkook was glad for it. He probably wouldn’t have been able to answer to anything that Jimin said anyway. Whether it was due to all his sobbing and hiccupping, or simply because he just didn’t want to confirm anything with his own mouth. He could feel his body shaking frantically, and he knew it wasn’t that he felt cold, but it was out of fear of having been found out.

 

But how did Jimin even know, was he that obvious? Did it meant the others also knew about this? or did Jimin tell them… or they told him?. How was he meant to face the whole world now, when all of his insides have been crushed, leaving him as a fragile and vulnerable doll?.

 

How could one sentence from Jimins mouth destroy his whole life so easily?.

 

-

 

He didn’t even realise that he had fallen asleep till he heard Jimins voice from a distance shouting “Your mom and dad are back!”. It took him a few seconds to realise what was going on, as he threw the covers off his face, which seemed to have stayed over his face through the whole night. He sat up, now rubbing his eyes with loose fists, noting how puffy and painful they felt. He felt more than reluctant to go downstairs, as it would probably be more than obvious to his parents that he had cried-and a lot at that-, and even more when he wouldn’t have been able to give a valid reason as to why.

 

He could hear the quick and familiar footsteps running up the stairs. “Your parents are back, they brought back so much food” Jimin almost squealing, with happiness covering his face, as he now stood in the doorframe. Jungkook only glanced at him, before looking away just as quickly. He felt reluctant to face the other, not even sure how he was to act in front of the other. “Aren’t you coming down?” Jimin asked, trying to act oblivious to the awkwardness that was thickly poisoning the air for Jungkook. Jungkook this time looked up locking eyes with the other, to make a point. “Ouch” Jimin mouthed with his lips, as he squinted his eyes to get a better look, noticing the others incredibly puffy blood shot eyes.

 

“Right” Jimin said almost puzzled, now scanning the room for an idea, his eyes landing on one particular object as he begins heading its way. Jungkook watched confused, and curious as to what the other was up to.

 

“So, I’m so sorry” Jimin apologised in advance, his back facing Jungkook. “A-about what?” Jungkook answered confused, as he watched Jimin turn around to face him and walk forward, whiles hiding something in his hand behind his back. He tried to see the object, but it all happened so quickly, till he seen something in front of his eyes, followed by a sound of something being sprayed and a mist hitting his eyes in seconds. “Why!?” He cried out in pain, his eyes shutting hurriedly in pain and his hands shooting up to hold his eyes. “Ah!” he ran to the bathroom, bumping into nearly everything in his room- feeling too frightened to even attempt opening his eyes. He finally got to the sink and began washing his eyes harshly, in order to get rid of the glorious spray that Jimin had just sprayed into his eyes.

 

-

 

Jimin and Jungkook stood at the entrance of the kitchen, as Jungkooks mom proceeded to take out the groceries. “Jungkook” she muttered at some point “Why do you spray so much perfume so early in the morning? I could smell you coming all the way fro-” she said looking up at him almost annoyed at the strong smell, till her eyes shot wide open. “What happened to your eyes!?” she said, setting down whatever was in her hands on the kitchen counter, as both her hands landed on Jungkooks cheeks, squeezing them with force. She kept turning his head in all directions as she studied his eyes in horror. 

 

“Mom” Jungkook whined in annoyance, trying to turn his face away, whiles pushing her hands away. “Why does your face smell of perfume…?” she asked, although somewhat starting understand the situation herself now. “I thought it was pointing the other way… and then when I sprayed… apparently it wasn’t” he explained in a low irritated tone. “Oh gosh,” his mum gave out a sigh, still not able to take her eyes away from his “Did you wash them? What about eye drops?”, and the other could only nod annoyed at the question “Well what do you think?”. “You’re not even a child anymore, and even so, we still can’t even leave you at home for a bit without you getting hurt” she fired back at him for his attitude. Jimin was there, standing next to him, just laughing through it all, and Jungkook could only curse him silently in his head.

 

“Just give us food already” Jungkook moaned, now his dad walking in and glancing him in the eyes, as one of his eyebrows suddenly rose. “Do not” Jungkook warned him. “Did you cry?” His dad mockingly asked, not even trying to supress his laughter. “I wish, but your child decided to spray perfume into his eyes instead” His mother answered half amused.

 

 This whole setting seemed so natural, that yesterday’s events felt like a dream to him. This moment of Jimin laughing along with his parents, as if it was any other time the other come over his house felt so painfully precious and fragile, that he felt disgusting for having nearly ruined it.

 

Why did it have to be him?

 

                                                                                    AUTHOR's NOTES                                                                                 

This chapter is dedicated to all those who have experienced perfume/spray/or any other scented substance that gracefully touched the surface of your eyes... and burned like crazy! ಥ⌣ಥ 

 p.s. is my writing that bad that barely anyone comments....? ಥ_ಥ  at this point I'm even ready to receive criticism or hate comments....(which I would delete...¬¬)