CHAPTER 8 - Run With Me

Remember me, that exists now

== Chapter 8 ==

                                                                                                                 Run With Me                                                                                                         

“What’s this?” Jimin asked almost irritated, as he looked again at the ticket that was now in his hand which Jungkook had just handed over to him.

 

“Let’s run away together” Jungkook almost pleaded, setting both of his hands on Jimins shoulders, and looking at the others eyes so expectantly, yet also fear clearly illuminating from his face. Jimin didn’t need to be told that this was real; he could clearly see how serious the other was about this.

 

He tried to stay collective as he looked to his side, but the firm grip on his shoulders ruined such an attempt. Jimin could feel something snap in side of him, at this ridiculous situation. “Don’t be stupid” he finally utters, pushing the others hands away harshly. Jungkook watched him in such horror and confusion. He could clearly see the uncontrollable shaking in Jungkooks hands. Jimin felt so cruel and disgusted with himself, but he knew that this was needed to be said to the other. “Are you a child? Why would you run away? Why would I run away with you for?” Jimin almost laughed in a sarcastic tone as he tried to explain to the other how stupid this whole thing was, not being able to figure what even pushed Jungkook to do such a thing as this “We haven’t even graduated school yet, so what would we even do? I don’t understand why you are even doing this right now?” even if harshly, he wanted to stop Jungkook from whatever he was planning, because it was clearly unrealistic and he wanted the other to realise it.

 

Jungkooks was facing down the whole time, his eyes, which Jimin was so much trying to make out, were covered by the others fringe. “I told them…” Jungkook almost whispered, Jimin having to turn his head slightly to hear the other “Told wha-?” Jimin began, till panic kicked in, followed by horror from the others further words. “I told my parents” he finally finished. Jimin felt shivers run up his body, and that sick feeling growing inside of his stomach, he didn’t need an explanation, he perfectly well knew what the other meant by his words. “D-did you… tell them… about...me?” he asked in panic and terror, already threating at the image of Jungkooks parents speaking to Jimins own about this, and he could almost feel his head becoming dizzy. “What?” Jungkooks head shot up defensively, “No” he croaked out, his voice sounded almost offended and annoyed by the others question. “I only told them about me” he reassured the other, the hurt clearly showing on his face at how much Jimins words pained him.

 

His eyes rested on the large suitcase that was peering out from behind Jungkook. Seeing it, Jimin could perfectly imagine how it all went and the suitcase only served as a confirmation to his assumption. He couldn’t blame Jungkooks parents, in fact he understood them well, even more, he knew his own parents would respond just the same, if not worse. It wasn’t something he could do, he never had the guts for something like this, even if he didn’t want to admit it, he felt so much fear at being found out each and every minute, that often he wanted to give up on them. He really did, but he could never bring himself to finish it between them. Without realising it, he was drawn in too deep by the other, and even that frightened him.

 

He looked up again at the others face, only now paying attention to the bruise on the others cheek. He could only assume Jungkook had prepared his suitcase beforehand and didn’t linger for long after having told his parents what he had told them.  His throat felt so dry as he studied the others pained expression. “You can’t expect this from me” Jimin finally said, as he felt pain flush through his whole body “In fact, I don’t understand why you even told them” Jimin uttered sharply now, his voice carrying a frustrated tint to it, “What were you expecting? It all was fine how it was till now, so why did you ruin it?” he asked bitterly. ‘…why did you ruin us?’ he wanted to ask him out loud, but somehow, this whole fear of being found out, wanted to make him feel like hiding from Jungkook. He couldn’t help wanting for all the association between them being cut off at this moment, any link linking them together being destroyed and hidden, so that no-one… no-one out there would find out about their true connection.

 

-

 

All that fear in Jungkooks eyes got replaced by anger. Why didn’t Jimin understand him?. “I didn’t want to hide anymore” he explained, “I wanted to be free”. “Then what is this?” Jimin snapped back, bringing up the ticket in his hands to Jungkooks attention, “Running away is your way of being free and not hiding?” he yelled now, ignoring how reflecting the others eyes became “This ticket has no destination, just a platform that it will leave from… that’s hiding Jungkook. You should of continued staying hidden…”. ‘Then why did you find me? Why didn’t you just allow me to stay hidden silently as I was?’ He wanted to ask Jimin, he wanted to ask him so badly, but he couldn’t, he didn’t want to argue with the other anymore than they had already.

 

-

 

There was silence, a one that was far too long for both of them. “I’ll wait for you tomorrow, for however long I’ll have to” Jungkook finished with tensed and firm voice, which Jimin could clearly see through “I’ll wait, I really will wait for you”. Jimin watched the other turn back and grab his suitcase. Jungkook didn’t say goodbye to him, as if he was so sure he would be seeing Jimin there the next day, as if not saying goodbye would mean that they will meet no matter what.

 

“I’m not going…” Jimin almost screamed out, suddenly feeling tears. He was so angry about all of this, yet now he was finally starting to understand the situation and what it meant. He wanted for Jungkook to stop, he wanted him to stay here like before, but he was so scared of the consequences of it all, and he knew he wouldn’t be able to go to Jungkook if the other left him. Jungkook stopped in his track, but it didn’t take a second before he carried on walking, as if wanting to pretend that he never heard the others words.

                                                                                    AUTHOR's NOTES                                                                                 

Well this was a one sad chapter to write... ಥ_ಥ  (-realistically- one which I could have not written at all...XD but  I did! ≧▼≦ )

sad... very sad... ಠ_ಠ

anyway...don't hate/curse me too much for this chapter... (because it is still me who holds the power over the other chapters to come)ಥ⌣ಥ

Question: would any one of you run away with Jungkook?