CHAPTER 1 - The beginning

Remember me, that exists now

== CHAPTER 1 ==

                                                                                                                   The Beginning                                                                                                          

“I hate Jimin” Jungkook utters annoyed “I really do”. Jimin on the other side of the wall felt a stab to the heart, and an uneasy feeling fills his chest. They were supposed to be best friends, but after so long he finally finds out the truth?. He turns to leave before even having entered the classroom, where he was meant to meet his so called friends and best friend for their lunch break.

 

Did the other always speak behind his back like this? When did it start? Or did he never even think of Jimin as his best friend at all and all those times that he made those cold remarks were in fact not a joke, but truth all along?. It oddly didn’t hurt him, but instead he was feeling angry and annoyed at all those times he was acting like fool, thinking that he was their friend when they clearly were mocking him all along.

 

“Don’t say that, he will be here any minute” Jin said chewing with his mouth open, whiles taking another piece of food from Jungkooks lunch box.

 

“But I hate him!” Jungkook almost cursed, this time louder than before “He’s always late at the most convenient of times for him” his anger now growing, as he watched Jin casually continuing to steal his food. “Why are you taking my food, when it was Jimin who promised you his lunch box!?” he finally snapped at the other in front of him, as he jumped up from his seat abruptly. “Because the two of you are best friends” Jin says looking up like it was the most obvious answer out there “What’s yours is his, and what’s his is yours”. “But it was him who wanted to copy your homework not me!” the younger of the two argued back, “Wait till he gets here” he said, already making a plan in his head “I’m taking his lunch box. He can starve for all I care”.

 

==

 

“Whats wrong with you two?” Jin finally asks, with all the others automatically looking at Jimin and Jungkook. They just gathered in their class, some already sitting at their desks, others still by their lockers taking out the needed material for the class. “What?” Jungkook asked, putting on a confused expression, although he himself was wondering the same. There was no way he could possibly not notice the way Jimin was so quite this morning on their way to school. Even on his worst days, he would still say a sentence or two. Not to mention how Jimin being Jungkooks best friend, and keeping a metre distance from him, as if Jungkook had activated a force shield, really couldn’t go unnoticed by the others either.

 

They all had went to the same primary school, well apart from Jimin, he was the new addition to their group when they started high school. Even so, for Jungkook it felt just as if they had known each other since forever. Having all of their classes together and even their seats at the same desk, just made Jimin closer to Jungkook compared to the other guys.

 

“Did you argue?” Namjoon peered curiously at Jungkook and then at Jimin, but quickly answering his own question “No way” he shook his head happily, “In the whole year they never fought even once”.  

 

-

 

Jungkook tried, he really did try, but then it got so annoying watching Jimin joking with the others and then become all stiff around him. “What is it?” Jungkook asks intimidated. “Nothing” Jimin answers nonchalantly, not even meeting his eyes. Well maybe because he was peeing was one of the reasons, but Jungkook thought it was best to ask the other first about it- while it was just the two of them. “You keep ignoring me and its starting to become annoying” Jungkook finally admits his annoyance by the other. Jimin just zips up his pants, and now walking off to wash his hands, Jungkook seconds later following close behind.

 

“What did I do-o-o-o?” Jungkook whines cutely, figuring its best to change strategies at this point. “Nothing” Jimin answered just as calmly as before. “Come on” Jungkook whined again, this time running his hand through the tap water that Jimin was using, and splashing the water on his hands onto the others face, while giggling, and successfully seeing the other smile and letting out a giggle. However, it didn’t last for long, till the others face grew serious again, and Jimin now turned off the tap water and began to head out.

 

“Stop being annoying” Jungkook finally snapped as he followed the other, “I’m really becoming angry now, if you’re not gonna tell me why you’re mad at me, I’m going to ignore you-, if that’s how you want it to be”. “I said nothing’s wrong” Jimin answered just as annoyed as the other. “Fine” Jungkook shot back, as he stomped past the other, purposely bumping into the others shoulder “ off then you moody cow” he scoffed, as he headed for the class. Although he didn’t feel great for what he had said to the other, or in fact did not even really meant the words at all, none less he was really annoyed at the time.

 

What’s more Jungkook wasn’t much known for his patience. Even so at least he tried his best today. He didn’t see why he had to go all out for the other, when Jimin was acting like a complete douche and just ignoring him with no explanation, whiles acting all nice and lovely to the others.

 

The whole day went like this, and he could see from the corner of his eye Jimin glancing at him from time to time. He could tell the other looked problematic, and most likely was taken aback by Jungkooks words. If only Jimin apologised, Jungkook was ready any moment to be his best friend like before, and forget about all of this.

 

Yet there it was, the final bell, indicating the end of Friday classes for all, apart from him. He had the damn student council meeting, to which he made sure to have Jimin to tag along to. It always felt like the meeting went by faster with the other there with him. Yet watching Jimin packing along with the others, he didn’t even want to ask Jimin if he was coming with him, it was pretty obvious that after their little encounter earlier Jungkook may have added more fuel to the fire and Jimin coming along would be too awfully awkward, making the meeting much more longer than it actually was.

 

“Jungkook , stop! Aren’t you going to wait for Jimin?” Yoongi called out to Jungkook who was already heading out of the classroom, as if Jungkook just attempted to leave his kid behind. He glanced back at Jimin who was trying to force his book into his bag quickly, surprisingly looking back at Jungkook expectantly, as if asking for the other to wait. It was sort of funny. Jimin was ignoring him all day, yet what it seemed like now, was trying to hurry up and pack up in order to follow Jungkook to the student council meeting as if all of today’s events never had even happened.

 

“You can all just go ahead” he answered as if everything was fine, he could see Jimin stop his struggle with his book and squint his eyes at him questionably. “I’ll be done soon and just meet you guys at Namjoon’s after”. Although he tried to seem as casual about it as he could, he could hear the other surprised exchanges even after he left the class.

 

“What is this?”

 

“Did the two of you really fight?”

 

Well it didn’t matter to Jungkook, they were going make up sooner or later anyway, and it will definitely not be him to be the first to say sorry to the other.

 

==

 

Spin the bottle was a stupid game, and even more when the numbers were this equal. Which of the guys idea even was this?. Everyone knew you had to always have fewer guys, compared to girls when playing this game, or else it would turn out just plain gross and awkward.

 

It was Jungkooks turn to spin the bottle. He gave a quick last glance around at the girls that had been gathered this time; trying to see if any of them stood out to him in particular. However, there wasn’t really anyone Jungkook had his eyes on from the girls, they all seemed more or less fine in his eyes, so he was okay with any one of them. He spun the bottle quite strongly, almost immediately annoyed at how long it was taking for it to start slowing down, and by the time it did he hoped it would somehow start to magically spin again. At that point, he wouldn’t have even much minded a sudden earthquake, if it meant the bottle would spin onto anyone else, just not the person it has landed on now.

 

He had now looked up at the person it landed on, confused and still unsure of what he was to feel about this. Jimin, the person the bottle was aiming at was looking back just as unsure and dazed. “Let me spin again” Jungkook said, almost immediately reaching for the bottle. It wasn’t even so much about him still being mad at Jimin, or Jimin being mad at him for whatever reason he was, it was more about them being guys, and even more so called best friends. “Don’t even think about it” Yoongi said, “We all had the unlucky spin at least once before, so you can’t avoid it either”.

 

He’s not sure how it even got to it, but he remembers them quickly brushing their lips together and even quicker pulling back. To make it worse, during the whole time they both had their eyes wide open. It wasn’t long before disagreement filled the room.

 

“That doesn’t count; it has to be at least 10 seconds” Hoseok argued and it was followed in a union by others. Of course, if it was them, even that 0,1 second would have been considered too much, but when it’s someone else it automatically made it so much more entertaining and fun for them. It was even more fun for them, when one of them had their phone in their hand and a finger ready to press that recording button, in order to later remind the two victims about it each and every second after.

 

“Hurry” Yoongi said as seriously as he could “We have to move on here guys or you’ll make this whole evening gross for us all” he motioned his hands for them to hurry.

 

Jungkook had that worried expression on his face and he could swear Jimins expression looked so uncomfortable and grossed out. That just made him annoyed, when they were both stuck in this situation unwillingly, why Jimin had to look like he was the only one losing out in this situation.

 

Before anything else, they could both feel their faces being pushed into each other’s, as laughs around them increased. Their lips were practically squished into each other’s and their teeth slightly clattering against each other’s, in their struggle to get rid of the grip on their heads. It was Yoongi forcibly pushing their heads together, and when Jungkooks eyes met Jimins, which looked just as shocked as his, he felt anger burst in him and he pushed Jimin with full force on the chest with the palms of his hands. The force of the push made even Yoongis hands forcibly fall away from the two, as the laughter around them died down and all eyes were on Jungkook who was quick to get up, wiping his lips with force onto the sleeve of his jumper. Jungkook looked around disgusted at all and especially at Yoongi, before storming out. 

 

-

 

“You shouldn’t have done that” Jin tells the other off, “They are still guys and now you made it even more awkward for them now”.

 

“What do you mean?” Yoongi argued back, clearly angry at how this all turned out to be “Did you see how awkward they were since the morning anyway? It feels stupid having to watch them fight over nothing” glancing around now for support from the others “And whats with that attitude? It’s only a game, it’s not like it’s the first time we are all playing this game and it’s not like he’s the only one this has ever happened to. Did you see Taehyung or Hoseok get that angry last time we played this? He’s just being a spoiled brat that he is” Yoongi finished his rambling, and without even having to check, it was clear that everyone agreed with him.

 

 They have played this many times, and of course, there were times of the unlucky ones, but they were all friends and they always laughed it off. Surely it felt gross and awkward at times, but Jungkooks attitude and outburst was much uncalled for in their eyes.

 

==

 

 It was Saturday morning. Jin and Jimin were the first to head home from Namjoons, and also the two who actually weren’t going to be part of those who will be waking up with a huge hangover and horrible pain in their heads. Jins and Jimins houses were quite close to each other, which often meant the three of them, which included Jungkooks would walk together, although not this time.

 

After many enquiries, Jimin finally explained to Jin why he was so angry at Jungkook. “That!?” Jin asked shocked, as his jaw dropped open. “Stupid” he quickly exclaimed, his face looking so worried, that it made Jimin feel somewhat scared, and Jimin couldn’t help but feel that maybe Jin left the gas stove on. “Go and quickly apologise to Jungkook you stupid” Jin said almost immediately, pushing the other forward as if Jimin was late for a very important meeting. “Why?” Jimin asked, worry and uneasiness washing over him. “He only said that he hates you, because you promised me your lunch in turn for allowing you to copy my maths homework, but since you were late, I began eating Jungkooks lunch instead. He was only joking you stupid” Jin finished almost breathless.

 

Apart from being called stupid so many times in such short amount of time- what Jin said made him feel so… stupid and …. well stupid. “Ah!” Jimin moaned in annoyance running his fingers through his hair, “I can’t believe this”. Jin was laughing by now, “And you made him so angry too” he clapped his hands in amusement.

 

There was no lie. He was feeling so flustered and stupid. Just because they were all best friends from childhood he assumed so vaguely that they did not consider him as their real friend. He felt so small for thinking of these guys so lowly, and felt like an absolute idiot for acting the way he had to Jungkook, who he was the closest to out of them all.

                                                                            AUTHOR's NOTES                                                                         .

 Subscribe or leave a comment...(?) ≧▼≦ 

p.s. some things may outright not make any sense at all... because this chapter was written a year ago...(will get better in the next chapters) ಥ⌣ಥ 

As if anyone will actually read this part...눈_눈