.Chapter 9.

Enemy or... Mate?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sungyeol took off the pendant in one swift movement and found Myungsoo’s surprised gaze locking with his somewhat sad one. He kept looking at the vampire, waiting for him to say something… anything… but like always Myungsoo hid himself behind his calm and stoic look, giving Sungyeol a look of disinterest after he was discovered.

 

That was the moment Sungyeol had an epiphany… Myungsoo didn’t felt what Sungyeol did. He wouldn’t be surprise if the vampire didn’t realize they were mate, or didn’t care that they were mates. This revelation left Sungyeol broken hearted. He felt like laughing at his poor and pathetic self. He was putting everything at stake for someone who might not even give one damn about him… he was throwing away Dongwoo’s trust for a cold hearted being… even then…

 

“You need to run away,” Sungyeol found himself muttering, making Myungsoo to frown slightly. “I shall help you leave…”

 

Sungyeol glance at the bunch of keys in his hands, with a few tries he might be able to find the keys for all the chains around Myungsoo, and the ugly pendant in his other hand, vampire and werewolves were natural enemies and just as Myungsoo had not been able to see Sungyeol -while he wore the pendant- similarly werewolves won’t be able to see Myungsoo, right? At least, that’s what Sungyeol hoped for.

 

Sungyeol dropped down to his knees and made a move to hold Myungsoo’s cuffed hand, but the vampire was quick to snatch it away. Sungyeol frowned at the weird reaction… he was setting him free, so what was his problem?

 

“I am just gonna open the cuffs, Myungsoo.” Sungyeol whispered softly, making Myungsoo to exhale unevenly. “You need to leave before… before…” Sungyeol again choked on the words, while his bottom lip trembled slightly.

 

“Why?” Myungsoo’s deep hoarse voice cut through the cold silence.

 

“I just don’t want to see you die a terrible death,” Sungyeol shouted in frustration, he couldn’t believe he was going against his own tribe, his family, for this stubborn and arrogant vampire, yet the other wasn’t aware of his predicament.

 

Myungsoo again became a mute after Sungyeol’s angry burst, taking that as vampire’s permission to be freed Sungyeol again tried to hold his cuffed hands but he was denied the right.

 

“I don’t think you understand, but tonight once the new moon stands on its peak… the Alpha… well h-he and other wolves w-would…” Sungyeol couldn’t say those foul words about his mate, he just couldn’t.

 

“I know they want to kill me,” Myungsoo muttered, still as ease filled as ever, like he was just talking about weather. “But why does that matter to you?”

 

That was a low blow but Sungyeol tried to tell himself that it was justified to question his motives; he was a werewolf so why would he help a vampire? The pheromones from last time could be all in his imagination… he didn’t even know how a vampire’s mate radar is triggered.

 

“May be you don’t know… maybe you didn’t felt it, but you are,” Sungyeol looked up from his sweating hands and found Myungsoo looking at him expectantly. “You and I are… mates.”

 

“I know,” Myungsoo says, still as nonchalant as ever.

 

“You know?” Sungyeol gapped feeling a little betrayed. “Then you should also know that I can’t see my mate die in front of my own eyes and I can’t fight my family… so please run away while you have the chance.”

 

Silence followed -a frustrating silence- it seemed like Myungsoo was fighting an internal battle, h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter