.Chapter 6.

Enemy or... Mate?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A few days have gone by since the library incident and still Sungyeol had not been able to find another opportunity to enter the said place, again. It was like every time he stepped out of his room he could sense a pair of eyes trailing his every move… and that was somewhat scary. For last two days, he had the same feeling of being watched whenever he sneaks out to see Myungsoo.

 

Sungyeol was sprawled on his bed, with his face toward the wall size window on the left side of his bed, staring at the last orange streak left in the awake of setting sun. He was waiting for nightfall so he could make his daily visit to the dungeons. Ever since the vampire had uttered his name, Sungyeol had thought Myungsoo might start opening up to him more but on the contrary he was as mute as ever. Sungyeol kept talking and talking, all the random nonsense, all the time and Myungsoo would either keep staring at him, like he is the eighth wonder of the World, or his attention would only be on the dust-filled ground beneath him, on which he had upgraded from drawing on circles to drawing some weird complicated symbols and none of them made any sense to the poor kicked-from-library werewolf.

 

A long suffering sigh was just about to slip pass Sungyeol’s plush lips when his bedroom door was thrown opened, making him to snap his neck toward that direction, and in walked his younger sibling.

 

“Ever heard about a thing called ‘knocking’, Jongie?” Sungyeol muttered as he return to his earlier sky gazing task.

 

“Hyung…?”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Dad asked me to tell you something,” Sungjong whispered and something in is voice made Sungyeol to get up and sit on his bed in full alert. “Dad said… you are grounded and not allowed to leave your bedroom.”

 

“What?” Sungyeol shouted as he got on his feet in just a second, facing Sungjong with most baffled expressions ever. “What the hell is that supposed to mean? Grounded?? What am I, two?”

 

“I don’t know, Hyung but-” Sungjong words came to a halt as Sungyeol brushed passed him to go see his father while muttering ‘I shall talk to dad myself’ but as soon as he opened his door he found his way blocked by two strong deltas. Looking from one face to another Sungyeol gave a menacing growl but none of the delta bulge from their places and their faces clearly said they won’t let him pass no matter what.

 

“Get out of my way.” Sungyeol growled out with his eye red and bulging.

 

“They won’t… dad had ordered them not to.” It was Sungjong’s soft voice from behind that answered, making Sungyeol to spin around to face him once more.

 

“Sungjong, what is the meaning of this? If I am not allowed to leave my room then… then what about lunch and dinner? How am I supposed to eat?”

 

“A maid will bring your food here.” Sungjong’s reply left Sungyeol baffled.

 

“Fine! But what about when I have to meet with Dad, huh? I am the future Alpha… you can’t expect me to sit around in my room all day long.”

 

Sungjong looked as lost as Sungyeol felt but Sungyeol noticed how his eyes wandered to the two delta standing behind him then back to his brother before he uttered, “I don’t know.”

 

Sungyeol again turned around to see the deltas watching him closely. He slowly closed his door while throwing a glare at his door keepers. As soon as the door was shut with a snap Sungyeol wrapped his hand around Sungjong’s forearm and dragged him to the other side of the room, near the bathroom. Sungyeol entered the bathroom for a brief moment before turning on the faucet at maximum level, so that it can drown their voices.

 

“I know you know something… what is it? Spill right now.” Sungyeol mumbled in a voice so low that it was hard for his own ears to pick.

 

“Dad found out about your little escapes to the back of the castle…”

 

“Did you tell on me?” Sungyeol pinned Sungjong with an accusing gaze.

 

“What? No, I would never do that to you Hyung… some beta saw you… you remember the one who used to pick fights with you when you were young, right?”

 

“Yeah… that jerk!” Sungyeol remembered that weasel face kid very well.

 

“Hyung, I know why you go there… and I think it’s not safe, so it’s a good thing-”

 

“No Sungjong, it’s not!” Sungyeol quickly interrupted him. “You don’t understand… I need to go there.”

 

“Why do you even want to meet that Vampire, anyway?” Sungjong asked a million dollar question and even if Sungyeol opened his mouth to answer he realized he had no answer to that.

 

“I just need to go Sungjong and nobody can stop me… I can easily jump down from the balcony.” Sungyeol said and started moving toward the window when Sungjong’s strong grip on his arm stopped him.

 

“Your guards are ordered to check on you every ten minutes.” Sungjong whispered as he gave a wavy glance to the closed door. “As a matter of fact, I think they are about to check… go to the bathroom.”

 

Sungyeol did as he was asked and saw how S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter