.Chapter 3.

Enemy or... Mate?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sungyeol sat at the edge of his bed while staring in space, deep in thoughts.

 

“Umm… Sungyeol?” Dongwoo called hesitantly, fidgeting a little. “Don’t take it to the heart… umm… I am sure the A-alpha didn’t mean what he said, in any bad way…”

 

Sungyeol looked up at his friend with a slight jolt, “Huh?”

 

“I mean… may be he suddenly remembered you snuck out earlier, that is why-”

 

“No,” Sungyeol muttered while shaking his head, effectively silencing Dongwoo. “It was not about that.” He again turned to look in the space, falling back in the pattern of his thoughts…

 

 

Sungyeol stared at the calm looking vampire, highly aware of the twenty pair of eyes boring holes in his back but Sungyeol couldn’t bring himself to snap out of his shock, just so he could question the chained creature in front of him.

“We all will really appreciate it if you can get on with your interrogation in today’s date.” A lazy drawl from behind should have snap Sungyeol’s temper but his current predicament made all other things to blur with the background and all voices muffled… it was only when a round of chuckles echo in the court hall that made Sungyeol aware of his surroundings. Sungyeol gave a quick glance to his father, who was frowning at him, before coming back to the task at hand.

“Who are you?” Sungyeol started after gathering his wits, but before the person in question could even look up from his lap, which for some reason the pale boy found a lot more interesting than the room full of werewolves, another person took matters in his own hands.

“Duh! A vampire, obviously.” Hoya scoffed from behind, earning another round of laughter from the present werewolves. Sungyeol could only clutch his jaws in irritation, and knew ignoring the arrogant wolf was better than trying to retort.

But all that laughter and Sungyeol’s question had finally made the vampire to look toward Sungyeol once again, with his head slightly tilted to right and an inquiring expression covering his face… and that for some reason had Sungyeol’s inside twisting and turning.

“W-who sent you? W-where you c-came from?” Sungyeol didn’t intend to stutter but those deep yet shallow eyes, which were trying to tell something to Sungyeol and also trying to hide some deep secrets, had Sungyeol all flustered and nervous.

As expected, the pale vampire boy kept his mouth shut but his infamous and kinda y half smirk made its way on his lips and Sungyeol found this more than distracting, he didn’t realized how long he stood staring in the chocolate brown orbs of his natural enemy and it felt like he was actually having a conversation with the other but the only problem was he couldn’t understand a word of it.

“Enough!” A roar from the Alpha was successful in breaking the staring competition, making Sungyeol to snap his face toward his father and notice a hint of fear in those intelligent and mature eyes. “Lee Sungyeol, leave right now!”

“W-what?” Sungyeol was baffled at the sudden order that came out of blue. What has he even done?

“Jang Dongwoo, please take away the prince right this instant.” Another roar from the Alpha was heard, making all the wolves along with Hoya to cower in slight fright, everyone was shocked at the quick change of event.

“Yes Alpha!” Dongwoo quickly acted upon the received orders as he moved forward to drag the frozen to his spot Sungyeol.

“And by the power vested in me, as the Alpha, I declare that this vampire would be bled and killed on the coming new moon.” The Alpha announced in the whole court as his finally decision. “Hoya, take him to the dungeon for the time being.”

“What??” Sungyeol couldn’t help but shout out as he struggled to get out of Dongwoo’s strong grip, making it harder for him to be dragged away. “No father, wait… please listen to me…”

Sungyeol’s plea and struggle was useless against the warrior Jang Dongwoo… and the last thing Sungyeol saw was that slight smile on the pale face, still directed toward him…

 

“Don’t dwell on the fact that your father threw you out of court like that. I am sure he had his reasons and-”

 

“I am not dwelling on that, Dongwoo.” Sungyeol finally decided to enlighten his friend, just so he would stop

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter