.Chapter 10.

Enemy or... Mate?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I can’t believe you were actually planning to betray us all,” Dongwoo gave a crackle of disbelief, making the already embarrassed and ashamed Sungyeol to throw his head down as the feeling of major guilt washed over him. “I mean… Sungyeol, we are your family! We look out for each other – the very reason why I helped you to go and meet your vampire mate for the last time- but what were you thinking?”

 

That was the main problem here, Sungyeol himself didn’t know what he was thinking? Or does he even think while being with the vampire?? The rational part of his mind had kept telling him to stop being such a star stuck idiot but his heart…

 

“I am sorry, Dongwoo… I don’t know what came over me-” Sungyeol mumbled, feeling humiliated by himself.

 

“But you didn’t set him free, right?” Dongwoo asked the same question for the nth time, making Sungyeol to sigh in annoyance.

 

“Yes, I already told you… he refused.”

 

“And that is even more weird,” Dongwoo muttered, more to himself, as he look lost in his own thoughts. “Why would he embrace death like this?”

 

Sungyeol gulped down the lump in his throat and avoided looking in his best friend’s eyes. In his hysterical state he had been stupid enough to blabber out the plea he had made to the pale boy and how the vampire has refused any kind of help from Sungyeol but somehow he forgot to mention one vital point of their talk… the Jinxed Vampire. And it was only because Sungyeol himself had no idea what that means, in reality he still believes that Myungsoo had made up that nonsense… his poor heart would love to believe that Myungsoo had wanted to die just because he and Sungyeol can’t be together.

 

Dongwoo kept thinking and thinking and Sungyeol being the guilty one didn’t dared to break his concentration. The color filled sky soon started to get dark, and Sungyeol felt another pang on his heart knowing the smallest moon crescent would start peeking in the sky, soon.

 

“Dongwoo, I am curious about something,” Sungyeol broke the stuffing silence, but his eyes were still fixed on the rough ground under his feet.

 

“You are always curious.” Dongwoo snorted but no trace of humor could be detected in his voice.

 

Sungyeol scowl at his friend, not sure whether he wanted Dongwoo to answer his inquisitiveness or not anymore, but the curiosity got the better of him… and Dongwoo only sat a few feet away from him just to keep him distracted from doing something stupid, so what better way to do that than by talking.

 

“So it’s just that… I was thinking- no, I actually read it somewhere- and I was confused about it…”

 

“Yeah?” Now even Dongwoo looked a little intrigued because it’s not every day that Lee Sungyeol reads.

 

“Have you even heard the term ‘Jinxed’ Vampire?” Sungyeol finally cut to the chase, turning to look at his friend.

 

“Yeah, of course I have… everyone knows about the Jinxed Vampire’s myth, right?” Dongwoo shrugged nonchalantly.

 

“Myth?”

 

“Yeah, my mom used to tell the story when I was young and then later on I think I read something about it, too.” Dongwoo frown as he tried recalling the story. “But my mom used to say it’s just a myth, should only be regarded as bedtime story.”

 

“What is it? I never heard about it.” Sungyeol mumbled as he gave his undivided attention to his- now- grinning best friend.

 

“Really? It’s okay; I would tell you about it then… just like my mom used to tell.” Dongwoo’s already toothy smile got even brighter as he got in his story-telling mood. “A little to two thousand years ago-”

 

“Two thousand…?” Sungyeol whispered and a flash of the days, as he had sat with the quiet vampire and kept throwing random questions at him, passed through his eyes. On rare occasions Myungsoo did answered his questions…

 

“Do you have siblings? Were you lost in the forest the day I found you? Vampires are immortal, right? So how old are you?” Sungyeol’s speed quiz came to a short stop as the young wolf took the much needed air in his lungs. He had just opened his mouth to resume the  rapid quiz when…

“I am two thousand year old… so respect my age and shut up!” The annoyed vampire grumbled, making Sungyeol’s mouth to open in a big O, before a string of questions started flowing from his mouth…

 

“Yeah… so, a little to two thousand years ago… there lived the pure blooded King and Queen of Vampires in a big beautiful castle but the Queen was always sad.” Dongwoo started narrating the story with perfectly timed ‘oh’ and ‘ah’s. “The queen didn’t have a child because she was unfertile… or in some version it is said that the queen was actually a man so obviously he couldn’t reproduce… anyways, one day the queen of vampires was roaming around the forest when she heard soft sounds of a baby crying. The queen was skeptical at first but the heart breaking voice of the baby drew her toward the said baby, but a twisted surprise awaited there because the baby belonged to their natural enemy… yup, the baby was a werewolf! At first the queen thought to kill him but then she couldn’t bring herself to harm a small baby. Then she thought to leave him as he was but the sound of crying wouldn’t let her move-”

 

“What the hell! Is it a drama?” Sungyeol complained, cutting off the excited werewolf from this exciting task.

 

“Well, I already told you it’s a myth!”

 

“Then just skip the intro and tell me what the Jinxed Vampire is?”

 

“Fine! Just don’t interrupt me while I am telling the story.” Dongwoo warned, making Sungyeol to roll his eyes.

 

“Okay, okay… just tell the main thing.”

 

“Okay… so the Queen took the child

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter