Chapter 3 : Part II

Let The Love Lead The Way
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

#Dinner time

3 of them had their dinner together for first time. Aunt In make a special beef steak, as she know this is Kim’s favourite food. Kim is sitting in front of Pie and Aunt In. She really enjoy her dinner as this is the second steak she had tonight. Aunt In really happy when Kim eat a lot.

“Kim, there is an extra steak at the stove if you want. You too, Pie. If you want to have your second round.” Aunt In told both of them. Pie just shook her head, she full already. Enough with a slice of steak.

“Your steak is still like before, Aunt In. Delicious! But the sauce, a bit different on it taste. I think previously your sauce is not like this.” Kim give her compliment to that lady.

“I see. So Kim, which one do you like more? The previous sauce or this one?” Aunt In actually try to trick Kim. She glance at Pie.

“Emmm..emmmm…I think today is better. No! Not better but the best! If compared to previous. You have change the way you cook the sauce.  Have you add new ingredient to make this sauce more delicious?”

“No. I don’t put any new ingredient or have changed my way of cooking. Actually it is cook by Pie, Kim. I just help her to prepare the ingredient. I request her to cook make the sauce when I know she knew how to do it. At first she refused, saying that the taste would be horrible and she afraid that you won’t like it. But I still insist. See Pie? I have told you. Even the taste is different but Kim still like it.”

Pie a bit shy with that compliment. She just smile. But deep down inside her heart, she was relieved when she heard by herself that Kim really like the sauce that she had made.

“Oh, I thought you have change your way to make this sauce. Pie, you certainly know how to cook well. What other meals that you know how to cook, Pie?” Kim interested to know.

“I am not master in cooking. It just a simple one. My mother teach me. She always said cooking is the task for a women although she's a working person. My mother still believe that the dishes which was made by own mother will able to make the child obedient to the mother.”

Kim nod her head, agree with Pie explanation. Then they continue their conversation. They talked about everything, asking, joking, and teasing each other. Smiling and laughing together. Seems like they had known for years. Aunt In slowly stand up. She took all the empty plate and went to kitchen, let those kids alone. She washed all the dirty utensil. Once all the task done, she heading to her room. Kim and Pie was not at the dining table anymore. Both of them now resting at the living room. Still continue their chatting. Aunt In smile and happy with that progress.

“Aunt In, where are you going? Come here and sit with us.” Kim chided Aunt In, who was walking to her room. Pie turned her head, also looking at Aunt In and smile.

“Na, it’s ok Kim. I feel a bit sleepy now. Old person always like this. Quick feel tired. I think rest and lying in my room is better for me.” That women excused herself. Actually she intend to leave Kim and Pie alone. Start from dinner time, she can see both of them started to get comfortable with each other. Especially Kim. Before this, Kim almost rarely talked to Pie. If anything, she just mentioned to her. But today, they seems can get along with each other. See the way they talked, the way they smile, laugh and tease each other, no one will believed that actually this night is their first night having conversation like that!

Kim and Pie keep on chatting until they realized it almost midnight. Kim stretched her hand and leg to release the stress.

“I think you should go to your room, Pie. Almost 12.00AM now. You must be tired. Having long conversation with me just now. Get yourself rest.”

“How about you, Kim? You also should go to sleep now. You are tired too, right?"

"Guess you are right. We should go to sleep now."

Both Kim and Pie walked to their own room. Pie in front of her room now. Just when she is about to open the door, Kim hold her hand. Pie turned her body to face that tom.

"Eerr Pie. If you don't mind, can I take you out tomorrow?" Kim a bit nervous, asking Pie.

"Where?" Pie ask again.

"Actually every year, my company will organized an event. This year, we decided to have a book festival. We invited all the popular books and magazine company

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter